Issues with running the Fantasy Maiden Wars Series

spiderz31

Hello All,

So I downloaded the Fantasy Maiden Wars series from this site, and I've been having a really good time with it.  However, I seem to have encountered what I suspect is a compatibility issue with Windows 10.  When I got near the end of the second game (Fantasy Maiden Wars Mystic) the game continually freezes at the end of the second to last chapter.  To clarify, this is just one of the many problems I have experienced with the game.  These issues include 30 second to 1 minute loading time for entering the combat animations, as well as between cut-scenes and long initial start times when booting the game up to name the main problems.  Thankfully, this game does not crash near as often as the first one, but I cannot help but feel that some of these issues are from my comp setup.

Some relevant info:

-I have the english patch installed

-I have Japanese localization set

-My cpu is an I7 with integrated graphics

-I have a GPU (Nvidia 960)

-I am running the game on a laptop

Let me know if anymore information is needed, any help would be appreciated!  I'll keep trying and update this thread if I manage to find a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have been tinkering with it on and off for a while now, and I was mistaken in my assumption.  It seems that only the second game has the issues, I now believe that it has to do with the game's version.  I downloaded the second game from the old shrine site, so I doubt I have the latest version.  I can't quite seem to find the latest patch either.  If anyone knows where the latest patch for the second game (Fantasy Maiden Wars Mystic I believe) is I would be appreciative if you could link it.  Thank you, and have a great day everyone.

Archived