• Touhou 10.5
    • Touhou 11
    • Touhou 12
    • Touhou 12.3
    • Touhou 12.5
    • Touhou 12.8
    • Touhou 13
    • None of the above.
  2. 2. What is your favorite touhou game (Extended)

• Touhou 13.5
    • Touhou 14
    • Touhou 14.3
    • Touhou 14.5
    • Touhou 15
    • Touhou 15.5
    • Touhou 16
    • Touhou 16.5
    • None of the above.

Strangely, for me, it's Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (and UNL depending on how you look at it).  It's a fairly solid fighter, getting a surprising amount out of a simple control scheme, has a lot of great arrangements of already good pieces, and the story, while still as nonsensical as the rest of the series, let's us see a lot more of the characters' personalities than we usually get in the main games.

Also, due to how you set up the poll, people would have to choose two games.

i like Imperishable Night because during my early days of touhou i've only played IN as it was the only one I'm able to play (I'm talking about skills not pc, as my pc could run all touhou main bullet hell series) and Imperishable Night kinda has it's special place in my heart. and i like AoCF because it has Reisen on it

• 2 weeks later...

the first and favorite touhou games: Embodiment of scarlet devil. The game that introduces me to bullet hell gaming genre. I played it a lot. I mean A LOT. the character is memorable, the mechanics are so conventional it's lit, and the OST.... i dont have to tell you how good it is, isn't it?

Hisoutensoku's mix of fighting mechanics and bullet hell struck the sweet spot imo. (10.5/12.3) I really like the balance of being able to either rush down, suppress or combo to high heavens in the game, particularly in combination with the graze and combo lock mechanics. It keeps the game fast and skillful without making it into a 100% combo lock game. The card mechanics also work wonders since you can master alternate movesets with the same character. While alot of this gets carried over to... 13.5 I think it was, the lack of a stable ground to deal with took away a lot of variety in both moves and fighters. And the downward arc of jumps didn't make up for it. in general 13.5 also just felt like you were swimming up stream the whole time since it kept dragging the fighters closer together rather than letting them exist in an space unhindered. 

10.5/12.3 was also the hook that kept me into touhou, so there's that.

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

Archived