Other Game Music

Swag_Koishi9898

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played Persona 3 FES and Persona 4,now here it the time the intros actually are good sharing right now.

Thou art I...and I am thou.

Thou has established a new bond...

It brings thee closer to the truth.

Edited by Swag_Koishi9898

"The Fool Arcana does not mean it can be taken lightly."

• 5 months later...

Hey, let's revive this thread. Been listening to a lot of game music lately. Here are some of my top stuff at the moment:

The soundtracks for early Blizzard games was really something special. Especially the catchy baroque-ish tunes from Warcraft 2 Tides of darkness. Played Warcraft 3 A LOT more because it was a great game and the campaign was one of the best campaing modes for an RTS I think, but I don't know if I can remember anything of the soundtrack from that game.  Another one of those games is Diablo. Both the first and second games had really nice soundtracks, but I love the creepier atmosphere from the first game!

Spoiler

Also, many Bethesda games — both early and new — do have great sountracks. The OST from TES 4 Oblivion is really nostalgic for me. Some tracks are very calming! There is much memorable music in the whole series, but one that especially comes to mind is the sountrack from the first game, Arena. I haven't played very much of it. Just some exploring and some dungeons and quests; it's such a hard game to play. But the soundtrack is very memorable and got some really catchy tunes.

Spoiler

Here are some other faves; the soundtrack of Clock Tower. Great horror game too! Also the soundtrack of Halo and some really great stuff from Might and Magic 6: The mandate of heaven:

Spoiler

So... I have shared some great stuff here! I wanna see more posts in this thread now ????‍♀️ Because I guess the Touhou community holds a lot of people with a special interest in game music and just music in general!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SmugWakasagihime said:

(/ ‘з’)/ I used to listen to Kirby music before I started listening to Touhou music. I don't listen to it that much anymore, but I wanted to share something

I don't know how to bring the video here, so I just put links

Oh! Those are some good ones ???? Reminds me that I did not think about any themes from my days of Nintendo console gaming. I then thought about Yoshi's island catchy swingy music. Now when I'm listening to it I'm feeling a bit nostalgic of course, but I also think about how irritating some of these levels was. I also hear the whining Mario-baby in my head. So there is mixed feelings about these songs ????

Spoiler

And yeah! Also we have the Donkey Kong Country theme. Loved all the different settings and how the soundtrack was perfect fit with the backgrounds and stuff. Some highlights:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Been listening to a lot of video game music at work recently since I gotta in front of a computer all day anyways.
This website https://downloads.khinsider.com/ is super good for downloading video game ost's and listening to video game ost's in order of the album without dealing with youtube for tracks. It's also good for discovering new ost's.
Unfortunately it doesn't have newer video game tracks like songs from undertale due to fact that it serves as an archive for songs.

This site here http://www.smashcustommusic.com/ might sound like its only for putting custom music into smash bros (which it does do). But it's actual best functionality is its innate ability to loop songs seamlessly with having to deal with "extended versions" or youtube repeat https://listenonrepeat.com/ .
However it doesn't have every song out there.

I'v been listening to fire emblem music and jrpg battle themes like dragon quest 9 and Bravely Default recently.

Edited by Shrow
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Revive this topic pls.

I like Touhou music. But not just Touhou music.

Right now , I will share to you my favorite Class Trial theme from Danganronpa : Trigger Happy Havoc. I decided to share this Trial theme out of the others not just because it is good, but it also gives me more motivation to keep the Class Trial going until we find the culprit.

Spoiler

Next we have some Ace Attorney music. I decided to share the theme Pursuit ~ Cornered from the first game, as I think it's better than the ones in the later sequels.

Spoiler

I would also like to include an album made for the same franchise, Ace Attorney. The album's name is Phoenix Wright Jazz ~ Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul. I like it because it's Jazz and because of the album cover.

Spoiler

And another album made for the same franchise. This album is named Phoenix Wright Orchestra ~ Gyakuten Meets Orchestra. I chose this album too because it's pretty good, and also the album cover.

Spoiler

Now, we are finally not gonna cover an Ace Attorney album, but Persona music. Kimi no Kioku from Persona 3 and maybe Time from Persona 3 Portable?

Spoiler

This post now feels like more of an essay than a post sharing my favorite music. This took pretty long to make.

Revive this topic pls

Edited by Reversal Youkai
  • Like 2

Good idea. I should be a bit more active in the forums myself.
I replayed Deus Ex not too long ago and I like the OST of that game. Here is one track that came to my mind

Spoiler

• Like 2

I'm all for reviving this thread. It was a love for VGM that introduced me to Touhou in the first place.

I'm already a fan of Ace Attorney music, and the original Pursuit ~ Corned is my favorite. I've put off investigating Danganronpa for some reason; this track has definitely pricked my curiosity. For some reason I've never considered checking out the older Persona OSTs. Now I'll have to add that to the list. But Deus Ex . . . I've never heard of this game's soundtrack, and this track sounds amazing!

I'm more familiar with indie titles myself, so I'll share a couple of more recent titles that I believe are underappreciated.

Ninja Gaiden homage/retro-styled metroidvania, The Messenger:

Spoiler

Mario 64 homage/modern 3D platformer, A Hat in Time:

Spoiler

Edit: A Hat in Time was mentioned previously on this thread, but the video has since been removed from Youtube. Thus I felt justified in mentioning it again.

Edit 2: I'm taking advantage of the broken link to add a few tracks, for better representation.

Edited by Ken Hisuag
Fixed broken links

TTT

Still no mention for Okami music?

The music below gives me good memories of battling demons and imps (and actually winning against them for once) that are weak to one of my Celestial Brush Powers. I have to say, even though it's pretty bland to me, after a while, I got pretty attached to this song. I remember restoring nature to all the lands, saving said lands from Orochi, the eight headed serpent who was awakened once again.

Spoiler

Sorry this is pretty short. I don't have much time on my hands.

• Like 1

"The Fool Arcana does not mean it can be taken lightly."

I had never heard of Okami, and now I'm disappointed I can't afford the soundtrack. Always unfortunate when a great OST doesn't get a release in the Western Hemisphere. ????

The track reminded me of an I am Setsuna remix that made use of traditional instruments. I don't hear this style used in VGM very often, but I'd love to find more examples.

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

In the interests of keeping this thread alive, I will take this opportunity to share the work of Tim Follin.

Spoiler

I can't tell if the Follin Brothers are the most under-rated VGM composers of all time, or if people just don't talk about them because of how bad the games tended to be.

• Like 2

TTT

I like these tracks. I've heard the first one before but the other two are new to me as far as I know.

Been playing the same few games recently so I didn't come across any new tracks that way. I'll post this one instead

Spoiler

• Like 2

Another one I haven't heard of before. A nice, simple yet catchy tune. ????

This week, a two for one. Here's a couple of tracks from much more recent times. Lucas Pope, known for Papers Please, released another game called Return of the Obra Dinn with a very unique soundtrack.

Spoiler

The Pedestrian is a puzzle game released a week or two ago. The soundtrack is predominately your typical relaxing puzzle music, but has a few uniquely styled tracks as well.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag
Fixed broken links
  • Like 1

TTT

I've mentioned a lot of lesser-known OSTs so far. This week I'll bring up Chrono Trigger. Most people have probably already heard this soundtrack, but it's worth remembering.

Spoiler

Edit: Links broke again, and I only remember one of the two pieces I originally posted. It shouldn't matter too much; we'll definitely be returning to Chrono Trigger in the future.

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 1

TTT

One day I'd like to play Chrono Trigger. The reviews for the PC release have made me hesitant to invest in that direction, so I'm holding out for a Switch release (long shot, but one can hope).

This week, another turn-based RPG from much more recent times (but with an equally timeless soundtrack IMO).

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag
Fixed broken links
  • Like 1

TTT

I've been listening to a lot of Shovel Knight recently, so I'll share some of that this week.

Spoiler

From the foundational classic:

From the elegant follow-up:

From the acclaimed prequel:

And from the recent conclusion:

In addition, there's two soundtracks mentioned previously by others which are no longer available through the supplied links, due to the videos being taken down. I don't know much about these games personally, but I'd like to ensure they are available for those who may be interested.

Spoiler

Persona 4:

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final, aka Apocalypse:

I already know what I'm doing for next week; lots of exciting things happening. ????

Edited by Ken Hisuag
Fixed broken link

TTT

Today is the 25th Anniversary of Chrono Trigger! I had already posted some CT music before realizing this, so this week I will share a remix.

Spoiler

Additionally, Ori and the Will of the Wisps released today. The original was one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen, and I'm glad to see the sequel stands up to its predecessor in that regard. But this forum is about music, so here's a track from the original's OST.

Spoiler

This is becoming quite the collection, don't you think?

TTT

Apparently it's ZUN's birthday today. This may be cheating, but I can't let the opportunity pass up.

Spoiler

Someone will get it, I'm sure.

Courtesy of Spirit_Medium:

Spoiler

Maya's theme is probably my favorite track from these games.

Courtesy of GundamFan15:

Spoiler

I'm not as familiar with these ones, but I really liked what I found from Endless Duel.

Mario music is a far reaching subject, so it's difficult to pick out just a couple of tracks to represent it.

• Like 1

TTT