Fanon interpretations of characters you enjoy

Cosmic

While I put the series of posts I was just doing on hold for a while, since I can't decide if I want to cover Shoot the Bullet next or skip straight to Mountain of Faith, I figured I'd make this post asking people what fanon versions of characters they actually enjoy, keeping in mind that when I say "fanon" I mean character interpretations with little to no actual basis in established canon that get widely picked up and spread among fans. While in my experience, most people who are in a position to be aware of it when a version of a character is just pure fanon generally don't like these interpretations, myself mostly included (fanon Alice my beloathed), I do have a handful I actually quite like, in particular the popular interpretation of Flandre as an unhinged psychopath who can and will kill anyone and everyone in sight. I'm aware this version of her is far from how she is in canon, and I can admit that canon Flandre is definitely a much more nuanced and probably "better" character, but I don't know, I still like fanon Flandre too, I think the evil psychotic little girl is funny. Do you have any popular fanon versions of characters you like, or do you just hate all of them?

• Like 3

Based on my sorter results, I would say that a part of my top 10 characters do not have fanon surrounding them at all. Among those lacking any bit of fanon, I would count:

• Akyuu 
  • Raiko
  • Kosuzu
  • Tsukasa (I have some doubts about this one, but is there any fanon about her besides the song "Coooonsultant!"?) 

As for the rest of the characters in my top (as well as previous top 10 charts), I have what is one of my oldest threads at the Shrine:

• Like 1

spacer.png

Ya know, people really tend to do miko really well, which I’m glad about with her being my second favorite character. She tends to keep her usual flashiness, has a good frenemies relationship on certain matters with the myouren temple, and overall a kind of chaotic family dynamic is usually created between them. The only thing I would say I don’t like is that some portray miko as kind of an asshole, when in reality she is supposed to be kind but a little overbearing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's my headcanon that Hecatia is that kind of woman who is all rebellious and cool but she is caring and gentle (especially for Clownpiece), but at the same time this is almost guaranteed to be canon with the information we have from lolk and the books

I love when people draw Doremy with baku ears. It's not proven yet that Doremy has baku years, but it's very cute

I don't like fandom Yuuka, I prefer her canon personality much more, same for Shikieiki

Sanae comes from the outside world and has outside world culture knowledge like anime and video games, so it's my headcanon that she is a gamer at some degree and likes Kirby

• Like 1