Retro Emulator File Missing

xVff12

The emulator listed as required for playing the retro games found here: https://moriyashrine.org/files/category/36-retro-era/ does not seem to have anything actually attached to the link that would otherwise appear to take me to the download. My account is very recent, but I was still able to access and download the .zip contained under the line that says "Want to download entire era instead of individually? Click below." Only the Emulator's link gives this error:

image.png.a4f9e02c5814c6da0900d39ee7ead4c5.png

Also of note is that none of the retro games seem to have files attached to their downloads:

image.thumb.png.7b820a1d58a05278791ccccf613a9362.png

I just checked and I'm having the very same problem. The link seems to be leading to an incorrect url, or maybe the download file expired or otherwise is not where it was supposed to be. Same for the games.

Cirno, or the games' uploader, Maden, should be notified of this issue ASAP.

Yeah.. a lot of downloads detonated itself, it seems the Site Editors doesn't know why either.
for now just use this link for the emulator, it's NekoProject 2, pre-configured and did the job fine.
i set the CPU to 32 and the GDC at 2.5 Mhz. you might want to configure it yourself, see the guide in this link.

and the games download isn't available for each individual games. but the Packed (1-5) games works well.
if you open the retro era section you will see

"Want to download entire era instead of individually? Click below"

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

On 10/21/2018 at 1:17 PM, Drunken_Flower said:

Yeah.. a lot of downloads detonated itself, it seems the Site Editors doesn't know why either.
for now just use this link for the emulator, it's NekoProject 2, pre-configured and did the job fine.
i set the CPU to 32 and the GDC at 2.5 Mhz. you might want to configure it yourself, see the guide in this link.

and the games download isn't available for each individual games. but the Packed (1-5) games works well.
if you open the retro era section you will see

"Want to download entire era instead of individually? Click below"

Thank you! Do you know of a way to add to the end of the .exe of the emulator so that it automatically selects the .hdi and resets on launch, provided I've given it the path? I've already updated the settings, but I'd like to have 5 .exe files that when clicked, open a respective PC98 game so that I can put those .exe files into steam.

image.png.00815c46e671ebf74cce931738116a61.png

42 minutes ago, xVff12 said:

Thank you! Do you know of a way to add to the end of the .exe of the emulator so that it automatically selects the .hdi and resets on launch, provided I've given it the path? I've already updated the settings, but I'd like to have 5 .exe files that when clicked, open a respective PC98 game so that I can put those .exe files into steam.

Use this 

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

On 10/25/2018 at 9:04 AM, Nitorium said:

Touhou launcher file re-uploaded. Sorry about that. 

Sorry for using this thread like a "help me through my various issues" thread. I don't know if it's discouraged or not, but it's more convenient than making 10+ threads every time I get stuck.

I downloaded the launcher and set up all my games. I was messing around with some settings when I found the "Character" setting. I changed it to multiple characters, but found that every option gives an error. It seems the "char" folder is missing in the "th" folder. I noticed that the "th" folder was created when the launcher was first booted up, so I redownloaded the launcher and found that when it creates the "th" folder, it does not create the "char" subfolder, which is why I think it's giving me this error. Do I need to click something else in the launcher first, or perhaps I download the "char" subfolder somewhere else?

image.thumb.png.3994713cf97d6de5a77ea45ac7f286d7.png

19 minutes ago, xVff12 said:

Sorry for using this thread like a "help me through my various issues" thread. I don't know if it's discouraged or not, but it's more convenient than making 10+ threads every time I get stuck.

I downloaded the launcher and set up all my games. I was messing around with some settings when I found the "Character" setting. I changed it to multiple characters, but found that every option gives an error. It seems the "char" folder is missing in the "th" folder. I noticed that the "th" folder was created when the launcher was first booted up, so I redownloaded the launcher and found that when it creates the "th" folder, it does not create the "char" subfolder, which is why I think it's giving me this error. Do I need to click something else in the launcher first, or perhaps I download the "char" subfolder somewhere else?

ah... the Char folder is in different download. it puts in your waifu as the BG (note that the chars is ZUN's drawing). here's the link to download it from the creator's website.

Fun Fact:
You can add your own image. The image must be at 4:3 Ratio (640x360 or 1024x768 and so on) or it will be stretched, then name it to "thl_(chara first name)" e.g. thl_Reimu or thl_custom1-3. Then put it in the "%Touhou Launcher 1.12\th\char".

and you will get error message if a file is moved or missing.

• 11 months later...

Archived