Key Remapping?

Velv

I play Touhou using a key remapper, as my arrow keys are a bit faulty. I've just finished downloading Imperishable Night from here, and I noticed that even though I was using said remapper, my controls remain the same. I've even seen this problem on multiple games, and I know that previous downloads from this site have worked. What happened? Is my remapper not compatible, is it a bug, is there some 'exclusive' control settings, or what?

Welp, it just so happens that my arrow keys are faulty as well (specifically, the left arrow refuses to work consistently, so the character just slowly trudges an inch a second to the left). Might as well just get a new keyboard entirely.

If there is a problem on several games, it might be a compatibility issue on the remapping program. Make sure you have the latest version of the software, just to be sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that the Touhou games do offer a remapping option on the... options (duh) menu. I can't remember if you can remap movement that way, but try playing around with the configurations within the game proper. If an external program doesn't work, that might be the solution (although you might need to do so for every game, every time). Else, try updating your remapper or getting a new one. Lastly, try Googling your remapping software for known issues; it's likely that someone else has had a similar problem at some point.

Archived