I'm curious, which characters introduced AFTER AoCF are you most hoping to see in Touhou 19 (not including Aunn, as she's already been confirmed)?

Cosmic

Vote here  

23 members have voted

1. 1. HSiFS characters

• Eternity Larva
    • Nemuno Sakata
    • Narumi Yatadera
    • Satono Nishida/Mai Teireida
    • Okina Matara
  2. 2. WBaWC/SHoSS

• Eika Ebisu
    • Urumi Ushizaki
    • Kutaka Niwatari
    • Yachie Kicchou
    • Mayumi Joutouguu
    • Keiki Haniyasushin
    • Saki Kurokama
    • Yuuma Toutetsu
  3. 3. UM

• Mike Goutokuji
    • Takane Yamashiro
    • Sannyo Komakusa
    • Misumaru Tamatsukuri
    • Tsukasa Kudamaki
    • Megumu Iizunamaru
    • Chimata Tenkyuu
    • Momoyo Himemushi

I specify after AoCF, since with a few exceptions, those are some of the least well-developed characters in the series, largely due to the fact the majority have yet to appear outside the game they were introduced in.

I voted based on who I think will get in.

PoFV didn't have any stage 6 or extra stage character, so I ain't expecting those in this game.

The game theme seems to be "animal" and "spirit" related (there's also a connection to the "market"), so I don't expect anyone from Touhou 16 (except the already confirmed Aunn). If I had to choose though, it would be Larva, since she's a fairy and in PoFV we got a few stage 2 characters.

Edited by Gri

Honestly, I voted based on both what I’d want to see and what I think will get in. I’d think Kutaka make make a reappearance simply because she has been pushed as a rep for eiki a lot, so she might get her hands in this. I’d equally want the animal matriarchs though. I think Momoyo because she isn’t super clear in lore yet, so this could be a time to expand her character. And okina because it’s either her or a different lore important omniscient type character like kanako, yukari, or Eirin.

One of my big problems with Goyouku Ibun was how, unlike previous Tasofro spinoffs, it didn't give us playable scenarios for new but underdeveloped characters to expand their story, which has always been one one of their great strengths ever since IaMP, so I'm hoping that this game having an expanded playable roster - quite a large one from the looks of it - will fill that gap. Honestly it's not just the 16 - 18 cast that're left in the dark currently, the Touhou 15 casts suffers from this as well with the exception of Doremy. So, although I'll happy to see any characters from these games get an appearance, who do I want most?

Well Aunn is already confirmed and also happens to already be a character I wanted to see, so things are off to a pretty good start. Kutaka is also a character high on my list, we got to see a bit of her in 17.5 but not as a playable character. And from Touhou 18, Misumaru is a character I simply need to see more of (THE LORE IMPLICATIONS). Okina, Narumi, any of the animal realm bosses, Megumu and Momoyo are all characters I'd like to see too.

It'll also be nice to see some older faces return, like Nazrin we can see in the character select screen. Namely I'm really hoping we see Alice return, I want to know what she's been up to in the years since her last important appearance.

7 hours ago, buskerdog said:

One of my big problems with Goyouku Ibun was how, unlike previous Tasofro spinoffs, it didn't give us playable scenarios for new but underdeveloped characters to expand their story, which has always been one one of their great strengths ever since IaMP, so I'm hoping that this game having an expanded playable roster - quite a large one from the looks of it - will fill that gap. Honestly it's not just the 16 - 18 cast that're left in the dark currently, the Touhou 15 casts suffers from this as well with the exception of Doremy. So, although I'll happy to see any characters from these games get an appearance, who do I want most?

Well Aunn is already confirmed and also happens to already be a character I wanted to see, so things are off to a pretty good start. Kutaka is also a character high on my list, we got to see a bit of her in 17.5 but not as a playable character. And from Touhou 18, Misumaru is a character I simply need to see more of (THE LORE IMPLICATIONS). Okina, Narumi, any of the animal realm bosses, Megumu and Momoyo are all characters I'd like to see too.

It'll also be nice to see some older faces return, like Nazrin we can see in the character select screen. Namely I'm really hoping we see Alice return, I want to know what she's been up to in the years since her last important appearance.

That first part's definitely true, I love Gouyoku Ibun and I'm always happy to see Murasa get to do more stuff, but its character choices were... strange, to say the least. I do not for the life of me understand Kutaka fans, but the rest of the characters you mentioned all seem like great choices, Momoyo especially I'm really hoping for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yuyuko 幽々子 said:

I am sure Saki will be joined, cus in Hakurei Reimu's scenario
it says she searches for the animal spirits' bosses.

I really hope so, Saki's by far my favorite of the more recent cast members.

8 hours ago, buskerdog said:

Wasn't Alice also specified to be a somewhat important character?

"According to ZUN's comments in the Music Room of Perfect Cherry Blossom, Alice is kind of a special character in the Touhou Project. '

I really, REALLY want Alice to make a return. She was last playable in Hisoutensoku in general, and as for danmaku, she was only playable in IN. I am totally not biased because Alice is my favorite character. Nope. xd

• Like 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

Since the cast seems to be related to animal characters, I would loooove to see Ran or Tewi !! 
Also I think ZUN will introduce a new character as he did in Touhou 9 with Aya and others 

On 4/18/2023 at 3:15 PM, Gri said:

PoFV didn't have any stage 6 or extra stage character, so I ain't expecting those in this game.

There will be an extra stage !! Look at the screen selection of Touhou 19, there is an "extra stage" section :D

On 4/19/2023 at 1:04 AM, sodaodaoda said:

Wasn't Alice also specified to be a somewhat important character?

"According to ZUN's comments in the Music Room of Perfect Cherry Blossom, Alice is kind of a special character in the Touhou Project. '

I really, REALLY want Alice to make a return. She was last playable in Hisoutensoku in general, and as for danmaku, she was only playable in IN. I am totally not biased because Alice is my favorite character. Nope. xd

I guess that ZUN forgot about Alice for sure :(

A lot of interesting elements he mentioned in the past were forgotten or unused in the sequels such as why Sakuya and Eirin were so familiar to each other in Touhou 8, he did say that he will develop why later but never did