I'm curious about the process of translating the games.

Val

Hello! Violet Detector was released about a month ago and still isn't translated. I understand they are probably working on it and I'll be waiting patiently until it's finally done. That said... I keep thinking about the process of translating the games. Because if I recall, HSiFS got translated super fast. Perhaps one week or two after the release. So that got me curious about all the work from each contributing individual and all the little details most people might not know about the whole process. It would be lovely to know so I can have in mind what's going on when a game won't get the translation right away (and learn a little about game translation too).

Thank you for reading!

I never participated in the process itself (I mean, I did some translations for NitorInc, I mean not THCRAP), but I guess it depends on the game's content.
HSiFS was a main game, with new characters and lore, it had to be translated quickly. Violet Detector is just a spinoff, with not much dialogue and new lore, so they just probably don't see it as something that has to be done ASAP.

wait what? i hafta check it. im not parcipating in the transation team tho.

basically you extract the game, change the dialogue, remake the GUI, and all that things. then you re-pack it. the re-pack step can be skipped if you use the THCrap, just put them in their designated folder and done. i guess... (?)

that's method is kinda the same with modding the game. and someone please correct me if i'm mistaken.

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

• 5 months later...

Archived