Anyone Interested in Making 3D Animations?

Drunken_Flower

I'm looking for anyone who have interest in making 3D animation. Though it's not limited to animation only, you can make the model, storyboard, or even the concept itself!! Any skills are accepted either you are a pro, amateur or even a newcomer, all it need is dedication. It's a voluntary job, no one get paid. But here we can share Patchouli Knowledge, helping each other and increasing your own skill.

and no need to worry if you cant draw (Neither can I!!), It's 3D! You only need to move the character. Though it still needed to make the Storyboard and Designs but no need high skills to make it. And 2D are accepted as well since there is no limit in animations. If you have no interest in animation, there is a space for SFX and VFX Artists. And Character Voice sounds pretty cool!

I'm currently using Blender 3D animation software. It's free and very powerful (and the massive 2.8 update is incoming!!). It is okay if you use another software like MMD or any other. It's easy to switch between software and you'll have the opportunity to learn another software. For the 2D I recommend using OpenToonz. Yes... Since it's free and quite powerful.

Tell me if you are interested. And since this is a Touhou Community, why don't we make Touhou animation?

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

I'm pretty interested in this but sadly i can't really do that because

1. My pc is a potato

2. I don't really have access to net in my pc (i'm using my phone)

But i think i can help with the concept and may I ask about storyboard?

Oh... I forgot to mention.

My PC is a 7 Years old dying POTATO, intel Celeron B800 @1.5 Ghz, RAM 2 GB?, Intel (Not)HD Graphics, OpenGL 2.1

and Storyboard is simple/rough drawing (you can imagine it like a 4-Panel Comic) that describes the main act that will appear in the screen. Storyboard is scanned and will be animated (or more like a slideshow)

Spoiler

An example of Storyboard

Picture2.jpg.c040c6937ae0b1100b75072d4f8930a2.jpgPicture3.jpg.e2c1e92fef641912a28b4f66f577713b.jpgPicture4.jpg.d9281a5a8d0d144b61e62b58b544d5e0.jpgPicture5.jpg.a526da4cdd747284888977d762491f45.jpg

It doesn't have to be that good, Here's another example

storyboard_fix.thumb.jpg.41b033aad8b2c7c66edcc1bd8fb0f635.jpg

and this is an example of an animatic Storyboard

don't worry if you doesn't understand anything, I will teach everything i know to anyone who interested.

an example of what I've done http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33521476 (I regret it)

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

That's one potato pc and i see why you regretted making that video

I guess my pc specs are better than yours 

2gb DDR3? RAM (1.89GB usable)

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5700 3.00GHz

Intel G41 Express Chipset

Also I can't draw either so i can't make a storyboard

it's okay, wanna try something else? there's still a lot of things that doesn't requires drawing like: Story, Concept, Scripting, Sound management, Modelling, Animating, Lighting, (the easiest and yet the hardest) Rendering, Composite, Editing, VFX, Mastering, Marketing (why? does it even needed here?), and Management.

I'm kinda worried about the story and the concept. a high level of animation and CGI but with a bad story will be despised by many, like the infamous Batman VS Superman. On the other side, low level of animation but with a good story will be loved, like Osana "Little" Reimu (does it even animated??).

and this is the description of every job that written above.

Spoiler
  • Story : the story
  • Concept : alongside with story, explains how the film will be delivered to the audience
  • Designs : the design/blueprint of the model, property and background
  • Storyboard : Simple drawing that describes how the animation will be displayed on screen
  • Lay Out : Placement of the model, property and background
  • Animatic (not animation) : Scanned, cleaned up and fullscreen version of the storyboard combined with Lay Out (to think about it, osana reimu is an animatic)
  • Sound management : Sound Effects and Background Music management
  • Modelling : divided by 3
  1. Modelling itself : Creation of the 3D object
  2. Texturing : Painting the object so it become COLORFUL
  3. Rigging : Giving "Bone" to the object that moves (mostly character) so it can be moved and animated
  • Lay-ing Out : Placing the objects and camera to the 3D scene
  • Animating : Moving the character
  • Motion Tracking : Alternative for animating, but need real life model and kinda hard to track without proper equipment
  • Lighting : Giving light to the scene (kinda crucial to the quality) so it looks like 3D
  • Rendering : just press "Render" button and wait (depends on the PC)
  • Composite : Combining the output
  • Editing and VFX : Corrects some mistakes on the output and giving special effects
  • Mastering : The last touch for the film
  • Marketing : why? so the product can be known (very crucial in real life)
  • Management : so the workers don't become Komachi or China

Feel free to choose whatever you want. but in the future if there's a lot of people, please consider to not overweight a job, like there is 10 people for story and 1 for animating.

i have an interest

my half-baked POTATOEZ E5700, 2gb ddr2, hd6570 and my POTATO chip x451ca 1007u, 2 gb ddr3(i have plan on upgrading this) also i have lot of skill and knowledge , especially "how to add new object" in blender. if it just rendering i think i can do that

oh.. i also have amazing skill to turn storyboard to an animation using app called osu!

Wait!! osu! Storyboard is a totally different thing with animation storyboard, it's more like a motion graphics (please take a look at the 3rd post).

I'll take the modelling, texture and rig. I'm currently learning about Lighting and Animating, but I'll take it anyway. For the story, i think we can discuss it.

Should we use another site for discussing, like discord? PM me.plz.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived