The Scarlet Devil is extremely fast

If you haven't already, try going into "custom_e.exe" (it should be in your Touhou 06 / (Eo)SD folder) and checking the option "Force 60 Frames".
The DirectX 8 to 9 Converter (the download shown above) is useful if it crashes or does other unwanted things when you try and fullscreen the game.

I have seen a friend's friend (I love how apparently I've started a Touhou craze in a high school classroom after recommending Touhou to a web-friend, and he started showing it to his friends lol) get the same problem. He sent me a video of EoSD running on his laptop, and the thing went so fast he couldn't even access the menu screen because the small time to press a key in the title screen went by in a split second. He eventually realized the game was running at an unbelievable 1880 frames per second.

For whatever reason, deleting the game and downloading it again fixed his issue, but I suggest you try the fixes in the two posts above. You can try to nuke the game's folder, redownload and unzip it, but that might not fix the problem at all.

Archived