Ask me anything I guess

The_Trader

Hello. Only now I noticed this thread was here, so I accidentally answered your question regarding recent activity in the other thread (short version, it might be something temporary). As for question, I will probably think of something. I did organize an AMA myself at the beginning of the year, and it was quite fun. 

spacer.png

On 2/12/2023 at 5:37 AM, Saathi said:

But first, this website seems a bit, well dead. Is it the usual or is it something recent?

If anything, this forum has actually been getting more active in recent times. Just have a check around for recent thread activity. Occasionally there are periods of slack, but there are quite a few active users here.

My question is what's your favourite thing about Touhou?

On 2/12/2023 at 12:37 AM, Saathi said:

this website seems a bit, well dead. Is it the usual or is it something recent?

Things here have certainly been in a lull recently, at least compared to the end of last year. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a full-time worker and a full-time student, so when classes opened up in January, the amount of time I've had to put into the forum plummeted. I know a lot of other members here are students as well, so I can imagine that they're having scheduling troubles as well. It doesn't help that forums encourage long, thought-out discussions over the brief, snappy postings you'd find on, say, the Discord server. At least for me, posting here is a pretty substantial time investment.

As for a question: What made you want to join the Shrine?

Shanghai Doll knows what you've done.  162257545___alice_margatroid_and_shanghai_doll_touhou_drawn_by_nekoguruma__abeeeaa945645f8ecfdbbe81a2857a13(5).jpg.6da63ce849c93f73625172cb4a291f2a.jpg  I hope you're proud of yourself.

On 2/14/2023 at 5:41 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

Hello. Only now I noticed this thread was here, so I accidentally answered your question regarding recent activity in the other thread (short version, it might be something temporary). As for question, I will probably think of something. I did organize an AMA myself at the beginning of the year, and it was quite fun. 

Haha, np. I myself was a bit busy and didnt want to, how should I phrase it, to come here; not in that sense, but in the sense that I was busy.

Also, what is a AMA?

On 2/14/2023 at 5:19 PM, buskerdog said:

If anything, this forum has actually been getting more active in recent times. Just have a check around for recent thread activity. Occasionally there are periods of slack, but there are quite a few active users here.

My question is what's your favourite thing about Touhou?

Cirno the strongest fairy,

Or maybe Marisa's intellectual statements

On 2/15/2023 at 12:34 AM, jankop said:

What's your favourite official/doujin album or song?

I dont really understand what doujin means(even after searching it up),

Sooooo, I dont know what to answer here

If you are asking for a song in general, thats its Zamane ke Andaaz by Junoon

On 2/15/2023 at 12:45 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

How did you come into contact with Touhou, and what is the thing you are enjoying the most about the series until now?

I came in contact through Bad Apple intially, and then Reddit, and then youtube videos with Touhou Fumos

I have played Touhou 1, 2, 3, and 6, and till now, I enjoy Marisas intellectualism

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 12:55 AM, SoundOfRayne said:

Things here have certainly been in a lull recently, at least compared to the end of last year. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a full-time worker and a full-time student, so when classes opened up in January, the amount of time I've had to put into the forum plummeted. I know a lot of other members here are students as well, so I can imagine that they're having scheduling troubles as well. It doesn't help that forums encourage long, thought-out discussions over the brief, snappy postings you'd find on, say, the Discord server. At least for me, posting here is a pretty substantial time investment.

As for a question: What made you want to join the Shrine?

Simply, I just came here

On 2/15/2023 at 12:45 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

How did you come into contact with Touhou, and what is the thing you are enjoying the most about the series until now?

Actually, I just remembered, it was through Touhou Mystery Reel( fangame on team)

Thank you for reminding me some other guy who posted a AMA on this forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saathi said:

I dont really understand what doujin means(even after searching it up),

Sooooo, I dont know what to answer here

Doujin (同人) is translated as "self-published" The word consists of the characters for same 同 and person 人. You can think of it like "made by an amateur" in some cases (not always ofc). Essentially, something that wasn't published by let's say an established music company or book publisher. It's also used as a shorter version of doujinshi (同人誌), which means self-published book/magazine. Hope that helps.

Edit: so in the Touhou community, doujin is something that wasn't made by Zun or a company.

Edited by jankop

11 hours ago, Saathi said:

Haha, np. I myself was a bit busy and didn't want to, how should I phrase it, to come here; not in that sense, but in the sense that I was busy.

Also, what is a AMA?

AMA is the short form for "Ask Me Anything". The other recent AMA I was talking about was one that I organized at the beginning of January, but I see that people started to adopt the habit, which is pretty nice. 

This was mine, from a month ago: 

spacer.png

On 2/18/2023 at 2:39 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

AMA is the short form for "Ask Me Anything". The other recent AMA I was talking about was one that I organized at the beginning of January, but I see that people started to adopt the habit, which is pretty nice. 

This was mine, from a month ago: 

Haha, good initiative. As you can see, i myself did one

Which is indeed pretty nice like you said

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, jankop said:

Doujin (同人) is translated as "self-published" The word consists of the characters for same 同 and person 人. You can think of it like "made by an amateur" in some cases (not always ofc). Essentially, something that wasn't published by let's say an established music company or book publisher. It's also used as a shorter version of doujinshi (同人誌), which means self-published book/magazine. Hope that helps.

Edit: so in the Touhou community, doujin is something that wasn't made by Zun or a company.

Now then, I have not really gone on to doujin till now, nor do i remember any

But what is your favourite doujin then?

4 hours ago, Saathi said:

But what is your favourite doujin then?

When it comes to doujin music, I really like the circles Alstroemeria Records and Eurobeat Union. Recently I listened to Hundred Billion Stars, an album by Alstroemeria which I really liked. As for doujinshi, I still haven't read anything apart from the first chapter of The immortal who saw the death of the universe.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Honestly it's hard to find a "super active" (as in, all categories updated weekly at least, is the definition I'm going by here) forum nowadays. It's a bit of an old school way of communication for the internet.
And it requires reading. A lot of reading! How dreadful! xD

Edited by Canaranjo
Typos
  • Like 1

patchouliass2.png.e11a8850318b379359e5d4f48a638bd3.png

10 hours ago, Canaranjo said:

Honestly it's hard to find a "super active" (as in, all categories updated weekly at least, is the definition I'm going by here) forum nowadays. It's a bit of an old school way of communication for the internet.
And it requires reading. A lot of reading! How dreadful! xD

I agree, especially when you have other commitments etc means you can only be "super active" occasionally

• Like 1