It's a Me...

StealthYoshi

Greetings, fellow Gensokyonian-jin's

New-ish Touhou fan here. I want to at least make an introduction here first, because it seems rude for my first post to be about error messages in the gallery.

I think my first exposure to Touhou were the memes and music videos on Youtube, many years ago.

My first game was actually a fan game from Strawberry Bose. You may know it as Genius of Sappheiros - Weekend. I gravitate toward JRPGs, and this was one of the first steps toward falling in love with the Touhou universe. I'm really hoping for the enhanced Vita/PS4 version, as well as Devil of Decline and Nightmare of Rebellion to be localized in the west someday soon! I also very much enjoyed Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, Genso Wanderer, and Double Focus. Genso Wanderer Reloaded is on pre-order.

I figured I should try my hand at the official games, which are the core of Touhou itself. I sourced EoSD from this website not long ago, but I'm still practicing. I read up on the tips and tricks, and along with a few tactics I read about and want to try, the overarching gist is to practice^3. I would, but after 30 mins of failing to 5-stock 3CC Normal, and getting finished-off by Sakuya, Remilia, or some random fairies in Voile, my eyes are bloodshot and painful. It takes hours to recover before I can try again, and everyone thinks I've been smoking. Must be all the intense visual focusing that it requires. Maybe I'll git gud someday, but it will take a while.

Also played 10.5 SWR a while ago, even though I'm not good at fighters. Need more practice on that one, too. I wonder if the newer fighting games like AoCF or ULiL play/feel different.

I may not be very good at the official games, but I really enjoy the artwork, music, and the overall atmosphere and universe that Touhou has to offer, both official and in fandom. It just makes me feel happy. In today's world, things like that are rare and should be treasured and shared.

Other Games/Hobbies/Etc:

I'm good decent at the Super Smash Bros series of games, or at least my friends and I thought we were, until we went to a tournament in Los Angeles. I love the Mario Kart series as well as the F-Zero series and am pretty good at those. I'm an old school Pokemon fan, played from Red/Blue up through Diamond/Pearl and SoulSilver, but nothing newer since then. I also enjoy playing the Neptunia series of games on Steam/PS4. Last but not least, I'm a huge fan of Playdead's games LIMBO and INSIDE. I love the atmosphere and ambience of games like that, and enjoy getting friends and family members into them.

I enjoy Anime like most others here. I mostly watch stuff that catches my interest on CR or Funi and then go laugh it up with Lost Pause on Youtube or Twitch.

Even with all the A-holes on the road these days, I enjoy road-trips and scenic driving, as well as spirited driving. I hope to save up for a nice Mustang GT or even a Porsche or Tesla someday.

Skill-wise, I'm good with PCs. I ran my own business making house-calls for PC repair and related troubleshooting. I love designing and hand-building desktop PCs for office, gaming, and pro/workstation, but that's an expensive hobby I can't afford to do for myself very often, so I do it for clients and friends/family if they want one built also. I'm studying for some certifications and hoping to get into a decent-paying IT position soon.

Wow, this post got lengthy. I'll stop now.

15 hours ago, StealthYoshi said:

Yeah.....

I meant to lightly touch on several topics, but I ended up building a wall of text. I'll try selling it to Trump and donate the proceeds to the shrine.

Make America great again...again. ?

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

Welcome to the Shrine! Make youself at home, hope you have a great time here! :D

It's good that you feel happy around the community; it's a rare thing nowadays, indeed, and the Touhou fandom is one of the best you'll find. And don't you worry about not going too well in the official games! They're as challenging as it gets, being bullet hell shooters and all, and beating one takes practice. I've been playing for about six months on-and-off now, and I still can't 1CC EoSD Normal ( ;-;) you'll get good eventually, trust me. It takes practice, but eventually you'll become familiar to the mechanics, and this skill carries over to the series as a whole; each game's gimmicks will throw you off a bit, but dodging danmaku follows the same principles, so it will take much less time to 1CC other games once you get your first victory (it gets the snowball rolling, so to speak).

On 6/4/2018 at 11:59 PM, StealthYoshi said:

I also enjoy playing the Neptunia series of games

hqdefault.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived