A Warm Welcome, From Me To You. (drop in, say hi!)

Rantos

Hello and greetings from your self-appointed vice-president of the Doujin Manga Club!  Now, we're all here because of a common love for reading the volumes upon volumes of fan-made manga that exists.  So, I figured a good way to start the conversation would be to present our own personal favorites that we may have come across in our own searches.  If you are comfortable with sharing you are welcome to share one, or even two, that you think represents your taste well.  Maybe even give a little explanation as to why you like it.  If you're comfortable with doing so, that is.  I'll start.

Name: Kill Geppu Complete

Artist: Imizu (Nitro Unknown) 

Genre: Action, Comedy

Link: https://imgur.com/a/7g1Ns#hlfSiLu

The reason I enjoy it: It's a matter of how nonsensical it is.  Each panel is a visual stimuli overload.  it's action for action's sake, but the senseless violence feels natural in the context of the world of Gensokyo.  It may make me sound like a brute, but reading this manga gives me a form of catharsis.  Put simply, I enjoy the detail and the style and I enjoy watching Yuugi smack everyone silly.

And now I call upon you, members of the club, to share if you are willing.  Also, we are all free to create topics as we see fit, so don't be afraid to be active~  I leave this thread open to all members to post anytime.

@Haruto Kazuki @Sakkun @東倒西倒

Edited by Rantos

Thank you for the greeting vice-president. 

Here's my personal favorite

Name: Yukari’s Diet Journal ~ Kourindou Suffering Chapter

Artist: Winter Scenery

Genre: Comedy

Link: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yukaris_diet_journal_kourindou_suffering_chapter

The reason I enjoy it: i can't really say much about this, but i can simply say it's funny and i enjoy the absurdness of this manga

• Like 1

@Haruto Kazuki Oh I like it!  I feel for Yukari as I once too tried watching my weight on a broken scale.  Took me a month and a half to realize the scale would change the sensitivity each time I turned it on haha.  Also, I feel bad Rinnosuke, from his introduction to his exit in this manga he's just getting hurt.

@Crusader Jerome Nice, nice!  I love seeing slice of life Touhou manga and this was a great read!  I loved the first volume especially, the whole classifying Remui's happiness as an incident is far too funny.  That being said, I would classify a happy Remui as an incident as well.

@ahamudo I invite you to share a manga too if you are comfortable.  If you don't want to though you don't have to~

@Sakkun You have to though.  Set a good example as club prez.

13 hours ago, Alize said:

I wanna get into the hobby, but I don't really know that much touhou-based manga... 

If it make's you feel any better there's not much to know.  Just look up Touhou fan manga and take that dive, that is to say, just start reading and see where that takes you.  Keep track of the ones you like, look up the author, and read some more.  The best way to get into it is to just start reading.  I suggest starting with the Miko Miko Suika that peeps keep talking about.  Here: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/miko_miko_suika 

The biggest obstacle is just learning all the minutiae of each character, but learning that comes with reading all the books you can. 

31 minutes ago, ahamudo said:

hey, my favorite also happens to be miko miko suika :^)

the author (Haniwa's Store) also did other works in the past such as "thought of dolls", which is also pretty neat

I see, so you too are a man of good taste.  I'm happy to have you aboard the club bother!

10 hours ago, Rantos said:

If it make's you feel any better there's not much to know.  Just look up Touhou fan manga and take that dive, that is to say, just start reading and see where that takes you.  Keep track of the ones you like, look up the author, and read some more.  The best way to get into it is to just start reading.  I suggest starting with the Miko Miko Suika that peeps keep talking about.  Here: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/miko_miko_suika 

The biggest obstacle is just learning all the minutiae of each character, but learning that comes with reading all the books you can. 

I see, so you too are a man of good taste.  I'm happy to have you aboard the club bother!

Thanks~

Webp.net-resizeimage.png.c4e2a2b3fd5444f0c1ae29d5ff35a5a9.png

I'm kinda hungry.

@Alize Another think I would suggest, if you're just starting, is to read the primary official print work, Touhou Bougetsushou (https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Bougetsushou), which consists of SIlent Sinner in Blue (manga), Cage in Lunatic Runagate (prose), and some comedy 4komas. It's not a doujin, but it's a really good starting point for understanding a lot of the characters in a canon context.

God is my judge.

@TsunderePigtailz Welcome to the club!  If you've been reading this thread then I'm sure you know what's happening here, in which case I'll skip formalities and just get right to it.  Would you like to share a Touhou Doujin that you find highlights your tastes?  If you have one to share or feel comfortable sharing that is.  Otherwise, you can just introduce yourself here~

• Rantos pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! I'm actually just getting into touhou so I'm also kinda new to the touhou doujin stuff. I'm already aware that theres a bunch of fanmade touhou creations, so I'm kinda here to "discover" in a way lol. Do you guys have any recomendations because I wouldn't really know where to look. Thanks

• Like 1

@TsunderePigtailz Happy to have ya~

Well, if you're in the mood for some treasure hunting, a good place to start would be right here, in this thread.  Everyone above has posted their favorite mangas and links to read 'em, so I suggest giving some of those a look.  If you like the artist you can continue your search by looking up that artist to see if what else they have made.  From there you should be able to find other's works just by simply poking around.  If you see an interesting cover to a fanwork then go ahead and see where that cover takes ya.  Otherwise, if you feel like taking a leap of faith, there should be plenty to read here.

https://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=touhou

^^^^^here^^^^^^

@TsunderePigtailz if you like comedy stuffs i have a few recommendation 

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/no_more_bad_ends It's about reimu that never gotten a good ending

And this

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/greedy_ghost

It's a Ten Desires Gag Book nothing more to say

Both of them are made by the same person "Tako"

Edited by Haruto Kazuki

• 4 weeks later...

@eggplant @Orimozuka @Ar-Azif @Birb @FiveLikesNekos @uwuniggu Welcome to the Club (sorry for the very late greeting for some of you) feel free to ask anything about touhou doujin recommendation or give any recommendation to the members here or just enjoy other member's recommendation

Enjoy your stay

Edited by Haruto Kazuki

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heyo! Nice to meet all of you. Although I'm still kinda new to Touhou (And just joined this site), I've read quite a few fan doujins out there and I'd love to share a few here. I can tell it's a bit quiet here, but I figure I'll lurk around here to find something good to help me sleep at night.

Of course, I'm not just going to leave it at that. I figure I should leave a few recommendations of my own:

• Literally anything by ANGELTYPE. Probably some of the cutest and funniest stuff I've ever seen. It takes a lot of cute to have an impact on me, and this more than delivers. Not recommended to anyone with blood sugar issues. Most of the doujins follow the SDM crew and Dog Sakuya.
  • Everything by Millet Soup. Similar reasons to ANGELTYPE, but a little less humor and more heartwarming slice-of-life fluff. Same warnings apply. He also has a heavy focus on the SDM crew, with a little bit of Alice and Marisa thrown in.
  • To finish off my trifecta of favorite doujin artists, Karaage Tarou. They've got a very distinct artstyle that's a bit different than some of the more traditional moe you'll see with ANGELTYPE and Millet Soup, and has a strong focus on comedy with a fair amount of heartwarming by the end of them. Also, Little Blossom and Here 'n' There Komachi are not doujin manga, but more among the lines of picture books. They're also some of my favorite doujins out there.

That's quite to read there, so I'll stop there. Some time later I might see if I can find a few of my favorite stand-alone doujins. Once again, it's great to join you guys.

Welcome to Moriya Shrine @rapidemboaer and thanks for the recommendation 

i do recommend Angel-Type for those who likes cute stuff also i would like to recommend a few doujin artist that i liked personally

• Tako his works are mostly comedic doujin mangas and it's pretty funny to read for me
  • Bomber Grape his works will make you go what the heck am i reading, it's illogical but really funny(also there's no such thing as cuteness in his works
I can't really make a lot of explanation about those artist but i recommend them for all members
and enjoy your stay here