What are your plans and goals to 2023?

_.Mevs

Well, it can even be a simple thread, but 2023 is a year that i really have hope into, mostly since i have some goals that i wanna achieve this year =)

I'm someone kinda simple so, what i want the most are stuff related to some personal projects, like getting back to play bass (i used to do covers with friends 4 years ago but everyone got into it's path, so yeah, i stopped) to do some solo music, like K-On and Touhou covers

I also wanna get back to hang out with some friends and i plan to do some stuff like beat the Touhou games i have downloaded =)

And you? What do you plan to do or achieve this year? Feel free to talk about it here =D
R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.png

• Like 2

As for me I also wish the most basic thing : I wish to succeed in my medical studies, I wish that my family and my friends will be happy and won’t have trouble or problems for this year, and finally, I would like to improve my drawing skill and my English 😄

I also wish you all that your dreams come true this year, or at least, that you will achieve something great this year ☺️

• Like 1
  • Up 2

I've got a few things I'm looking forward to this year.

Firstly, there's school. 2022 was a big year for since I returned to school for the first time in 8 years after dropping out. I was so nervous about going back; bogged down with thoughts of "It's too late to get an education" and "I'm not good enough to handle school." But I made it through that first year not just unscathed, but thriving. It was a great year and really boosted my confidence. And now, it's time to see it through. 

On the Touhou side of things, I'm really looking forward to TouhouFest this spring! I've been to a handful of conventions over the last few years, but never one centered on any one property. But I knew as soon as I heard about it that I wanted to be a part of this. I've already bought my ticket and saved up plenty of money this year. I'm ready to go all out! I'm even getting a costume prepared to cosplay for the first time! I should probably get around to finishing that...

And, uhh... embarrassing as it is to out and say, my goal for this year that I want to keep closest is to try and be more sociable. In general, of course, but mainly here in the forums and maybe the discord server. Y'know, I like to think of myself as an active user here at the shrine. I visit the site several times a week, and I try to keep up with all of the threads that catch my interest. But, looking back on things, I don't put in nearly as much as I get out. Not for a lack of effort, mind. When I do post, it's been through hours of deep thought and a little research. Sometimes, an entire afternoon will be burned away, thinking up the perfect post that'll satisfy me, and I haven't even touched the keyboard. Sometimes I never do. It's one of those things I really want to change about myself. I genuinely love it here in the forums; I love Touhou, and I want to be a fan here, and I want to reach out and make friends with people, but it requires working past myself and that's not always an easy thing to do. This year, I'm going to put in the effort to change that.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there'll be more to come. 2022 was a big year for me as fan and a person, and I'm going into 2023 very uncharacteristically optimistic. I know this year'll be good to me. I hope it'll be just as good for everyone else here too.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Shanghai Doll knows what you've done.  162257545___alice_margatroid_and_shanghai_doll_touhou_drawn_by_nekoguruma__abeeeaa945645f8ecfdbbe81a2857a13(5).jpg.6da63ce849c93f73625172cb4a291f2a.jpg  I hope you're proud of yourself.

I don't really have many goals this year aside from general self improvement. But one goal is to get better at bullet hell games, at least enough to 1CC some games on Hard. I have baby reflexes, honestly. I also want to do more of what I want to actually do, which might seem simple but I'm one of those people that has things they wanna do, and then ends up laying in bed for a few hours instead. Every time.

I would also actually like to read more. I enjoy reading but my ADHD riddled brain stops me from focusing, and sometimes outright stops me form finishing books I'm like 90 percent of the way through.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Maybe a late response but...

I'm planning a holiday to japan later this year, so thats my number 1 goal, besides continuing learning japanese.

• Like 1

Parsee Mizuhashi and Shion Yorigami are the best 2hus

This year I really want to put more effort into job searching, because it's just the hardest, most demoralising thing for me and I always end up quitting before I've started. I also need to read more. You know how lots of people have a gaming backlog? I have that but with books.

...actually, because of time spent on my studies, I'm starting to develop a games backlog too... ooohh noooo...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

"Well, its official. I put myself to the test, and it turns out I am 100% not good enough."

Its not as bad as that phrase makes it out to be. But my own goals for the year have mostly been left behind. Its easy to say at the start of the year 'Yes I will lose weight, yes I will get a raise, yes I will play the games in my Steam library, yes I will be the best me.' But all it takes is one big thing going wrong in your life to change that, and I have had a lot more things than one go wrong.

I like to think I am making small progress. I mean, one of my goals was to beat EoSD. I am here at least, in part to learn game tips. And while other things slow me down, I am hoping to at least be ready to try again next year.