The Amagami thread - an introduction to the cast

CountVonNumenor

Character introduction: Masayoshi Umehara

• General information (curtesy to Amagami wiki): Masayoshi Umehara (梅原 正吉 Umehara Masayoshi) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. He is Junichi Tachibana's childhood best friend who seems to know what happened on Junichi on the Christmas day.
  • Appearance: He has black hair and black eyes and wears the standard uniform. During the winter season he likes to wear a gray striped scarf.
  • Personality: Umehara is a kind and out going person. He seems to have a big respect for Junichi Tachibana, often calling him "boss". He and Junichi are really close that they often meet secretly just to talk and share about their secret treasures. He makes fun of Junichi and his sister (Miya Tachibana) saying that they're a couple even though he knows they're siblings. He works at a sushi restaurant.
    - 18 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS+ plus)

latest.png

Some trivia from the same article (there is no trivia section for the original article, so instead I will use the Etymology section):

• The name Masayoshi means "right, proper" (正) (masa) and "lucky, good" (吉) (yoshi).
  • Masayoshi's surname Umehara means "Japanese apricot, plum" (梅) (ume) and "field, plain" (原) (hara).

And now for the art gallery:

__itou_kanae_and_umehara_masayoshi_amaga

Illustration by osomatu-sama (source: Pixiv - limited access image)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_tanamachi_kaoru_sakur

Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/16744800)

End thoughts:

This time, we are talking about th best friend of Junichi, and fist male character of the list. The low number of images in this presentation is also due to the low number of illustrations containing him on Danbooru (only 20 posts). Out of the 20 posts, more than half are doujin pages or large group images. Besides, he appears multiple times in the same image together with another character I will cover soon, Itou Kanae. Even if those two appear together in fanart, apparently one f the people on Danbooru made a comment on that, saying that while playing the original game on PS2, Kanae is indeed liking someone, but there was no hint of that person being Umehara. Probably a question not to get an answer very soon...

Next time, we are talking exactly about Itou Kanae.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Character introduction: Kanae Itou

• General information (curtesy to Amagami wiki): Kanae Itou (伊藤 香苗 Itō Kanae) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and a minor character of Amagami SS+ plus. She is one of Rihoko Sakurai's closest friends who will be the one to win the Miss Santa contest if Haruka Morishima didn't join.
  • Appearance: Kanae has short brown hair that has a small yellow hair clip on the left side and brown eyes.
  • Personality: Kanae is a cheerful girl and a supportive friend to Rihoko Sakurai to whom she is always giving advice.

latest.png

Some trivia from the same article:

• It is unknown if she joined the tea club but can be seen at certain arcs with Rihoko when the seniors graduated

__itou_kanae_amagami_drawn_by_keisuke_03

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/26621339)

__itou_kanae_amagami_drawn_by_shouji_nig

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/11497749)

__itou_kanae_amagami_drawn_by_aihara_kai

Illustration by aihara kaichi (source: Pixiv - limited access image)

End thoughts:

Now it started becoming more and more clear I am dealing with secondary characters. Why? Because there is little art of them. Therefore, I guess this shall be the pattern for these posts from now on. Maybe things will change with the following posts. Next time, we are dealing with Tsukahara Hibiki.

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Without having watched the show yet, I can only imagine the thing having gone one way. Since it was during Kaoru's arc, it means it was her time to shine as the girlfriend of Jun'ichi (basically her timeline/route in the game). Why she punched him? Probably just to avoid him having any possible idea, like a "don't you even dare, Junichi" sort of thing. 

It's possible, honestly, that would be surely a funny situation xd

It's something that i'd expect in a romantic comedy anime, but would still make me smile xd

Character showcase: Tachibana Miya

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Miya Tachibana (橘 美也 Tachibana Miya) is a secondary character of Amagami SS. She is a student of class 1-B and the younger sister of Junichi Tachibana.
  • Appearance: Miya has black hair and black eyes. She has slight resemblance to her brother. In school, she wears their standard school uniform. Her Kibito High School Uniform consists of a black jacket, black sailor collar, white collared shirt, black neck ribbon, black pleated skirt, and black knee-highs.
  • Personality: She is a playful girl, and tends to call her brother "Nii-Nii" which sometimes annoys Junichi secretly. She tends to be jealous when her brother is with another girls, with the exceptions of Sae, Ai and Rihoko, who are her close friends. She was always seen walking home with Sae and Ai. She also has a habit of teasing Sae when it comes to Sae's breast. Her favorite food are meat buns. She is shown to care a lot about her brother as seen in episode 26 where it is implied that she is concerned as to why her brother does not have a girlfriend
    - 16 (Amagami SS+ plus)

She's so cute!

I always like to see playful characters, they're always the ones that make me smile in the mid of watching something xd

I imagine the kind of stuff that happen between her and her friends, it reminds me of a secondary group in K-On (The Wakaba Girls that only appear in the High School manga second chapter, during the anime they appear too but with only 3 members), since they're a secondary group that has 3 friends and only appear in a few episodes for humor (but one of them is pretty emotional tho)

Btw, the fact she annoys him calling him Nii-Nii, i feel like those are gonna be funny scenes xd

Her concerning about the older brother also reminds me of Ui-Chan and Yui-Chan in K-On... It's amazing how i see several similarities between both animes, it just make me more interested into Amagami!

Today we have gone through a character in a very close relationship to the protagonist. There is probably more art of Miya than for a lot of the girls in the series, so that means she does not escape the lewd depictions. To make it even worse, let's just say she is also depicted in incest, so I am not even sure what to be concerned of - the fact she is 15-16, or the very fact her brother is involved in this. For the sake of decency, it seems like it does not happen very often though, or at least Danbooru preferred to only present less than 5 such images in the 20 pages long board. Next time, we are going from very young to very old (compared to pretty much everyone else in the series), and re going to cover Takahashi Maya

Okay so, depictions and incest... I definitely hate some artists sometimes =')

And for the worst, i already saw a anime with this called Yosuga No Sora (i don't recommend), that anime is also based into a dating sim, and i was totally okay till the brother and sister started... Doing stuff =')

I think something in Japanese NSFW artists is just always saying "they're part of the same family, do it", i hate that

About concerning, i think this one is a case to be concerned about both things, since those are 2 gross NSFW things, incest and pedophilia, 2 things that make me disgusted

It's good that it doesn't happen very often, probably because she's a secondary character, just imagine how it would be if she was a main one =')

R.gif.675558ef97c406a179f3e6f2ea771110.gif

• Like 1

Character introduction: Maya Takahashi

• General information (curtesy to Amagami wiki): Maya Takahashi (高橋 麻耶 Takahashi Maya) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. She is a homeroom teacher of class 2-A in Kibito High School, who later becomes the homeroom teacher of class 3-B. She is "a quite glamourous teacher in charge".
  • Appearance: She has brown hair and brown eyes.
  • Personality: Maya is a homeroom teacher in the protagonist's class. Because of yoga and jogging, she maintains her healthy beauty, which makes her popular along male students. Maya is a person of firm characters, but sometimes she makes mistakes. Maya is still single, and has no lover. She waits for wonderful love for 5 years. She is graduate of the same school she teaches at, and the first school's Miss Santa. Frankly, she feels inclined to be fighting drunk. Depending on game progress, protagonist can attack her, which will lead only to a bad ending.

Okay so

This one is a character that got my attention

She's so beautiful and seems to be a charismatic character, i feel like it will be my favorite character xd

Btw i think there's gonna be funny moments with her knowing that she does some mistakes, it reminds me of Sawako teacher from K-On xd

And it kinda scares me that the protagonist can attack her, what does it mean? =')

Nice information

End thoughts:

First time I am dealing with a teacher since Keine. This sure will be interesting... Alright, making the gallery research for this one sure has been one hell of a trip. There are just 5 pages of photos and a total of 99 images, yet this might be the character with the highest percentage of NSFW per number of images. I guess it really makes sense to find so much content of sorts, given we are 100% sure she is an adult (Maya is 29 in the series). For the first 2-3 pages of Danbooru results, I was weary there will be nothing I could post in here. Even the first images are stretching quite a lit the border of what I could get away with. Also a note, images in each of these introductions are presented in chronological order, from the latest to the oldest Danbooru uploads under the tag of the character. 

Anyway, next time we are dealing with Umehara Masayoshi, another one of the friends of Junichi.

I liked her honestly xd

She's a beautiful adult character and also a teacher so, i doesn't really surprise me that there's a lot of NSFW of her even i liked her xd

I recommend you for also searching for arts in pinterest or google itself, maybe you'll find less NSFW stuff this way!

It's nice to know that you're listing it per latest to oldest characters! It shows a really nice effort from you!

R.gif.015c7e6d30a0d8238c078ef3cc332f99.gif

• Like 1

Character introduction: Masayoshi Umehara

• General information (curtesy to Amagami wiki): Masayoshi Umehara (梅原 正吉 Umehara Masayoshi) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. He is Junichi Tachibana's childhood best friend who seems to know what happened on Junichi on the Christmas day.
  • Appearance: He has black hair and black eyes and wears the standard uniform. During the winter season he likes to wear a gray striped scarf.
  • Personality: Umehara is a kind and out going person. He seems to have a big respect for Junichi Tachibana, often calling him "boss". He and Junichi are really close that they often meet secretly just to talk and share about their secret treasures. He makes fun of Junichi and his sister (Miya Tachibana) saying that they're a couple even though he knows they're siblings. He works at a sushi restaurant.
    - 18 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS+ plus)

He's a interesting character!

He also seems kinda funny and cute to see xd

Btw, is nice to see that Junichi has a best friend, i feel like it will make the anime funnier and more interesting, since we're not dealing only with girls that like Junichi in a romantic way anymore

Calling him boss is something curious, i wonder how they ended up like that xd

And him joking about Junichi being the couple of Miya, i feel like it will end up with funny moments xd

End thoughts:

This time, we are talking about th best friend of Junichi, and fist male character of the list. The low number of images in this presentation is also due to the low number of illustrations containing him on Danbooru (only 20 posts). Out of the 20 posts, more than half are doujin pages or large group images. Besides, he appears multiple times in the same image together with another character I will cover soon, Itou Kanae. Even if those two appear together in fanart, apparently one f the people on Danbooru made a comment on that, saying that while playing the original game on PS2, Kanae is indeed liking someone, but there was no hint of that person being Umehara. Probably a question not to get an answer very soon...

I think he doesn't has a lot of content because he's a regular male (is pretty hard to draw males due to the lack of content to do with them, unless they have muscles or any other detail that can be covered in artistic works or NSFW)

It's cute to see the fanarts where he appears with Kanae, i like when an anime shows more than only one romance in it's story!

And the fact Kanae is liking someone, it gives a nice atmosphere, just imagine what can happen, maybe the answer was already shown and we don't know xd

R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.png

Character introduction: Kanae Itou

• General information (curtesy to Amagami wiki): Kanae Itou (伊藤 香苗 Itō Kanae) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and a minor character of Amagami SS+ plus. She is one of Rihoko Sakurai's closest friends who will be the one to win the Miss Santa contest if Haruka Morishima didn't join.
  • Appearance: Kanae has short brown hair that has a small yellow hair clip on the left side and brown eyes.
  • Personality: Kanae is a cheerful girl and a supportive friend to Rihoko Sakurai to whom she is always giving advice.

She seems like a kinda cute character, knowing about Umehara and that she's cheerful, i can imagine several cute scenes!

And also her friend, i imagine interesting and nice stuff between them, since i love to see different stories into a main story

Now it started becoming more and more clear I am dealing with secondary characters. Why? Because there is little art of them. Therefore, I guess this shall be the pattern for these posts from now on. Maybe things will change with the following posts. Next time, we are dealing with Tsukahara Hibiki.

I noticed it actually, not only by the little amount of fanarts but also because there's not a lot of information about them (it also makes me don't have a lot to talk about) but honestly, it's a great start to know the characters before watching the anime itself

I'm excited to see the next posts, mostly because, i wanna know about Junichi xd

It's being a nice thread, keep it up!

And sorry for the delay to reply to everything, i think you know what happened already, so i took a time for myself and only got back to the forum today

R.gif.015c7e6d30a0d8238c078ef3cc332f99.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

I recommend you for also searching for arts in pinterest or google itself, maybe you'll find less NSFW stuff this way!

My original image board of use was Safebooru (as the name suggests, it only had what could be counted as safe). Nowadays however, I am using Danbooru because it has so many more images then Safebooru. To use Touhou as an example, there's a difference of over 250 thousand images between the two boards. Plus, a good chunk of what is on Pinterest (minus series screenshots) is pretty much what I brought there - I have a collection of over 23 thousand Touhou images on Pinterest. As for NSFW material, minus a few exception, I am fine with it. Perhaps I really got desensitized after long exposure to the material, so it is not as striking as it used to be. Also some of it is... not bad. Oh, I am so going to hell...

Character introduction: Tsukahara Hibiki 

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Hibiki Tsukahara (塚原 響 Tsukahara Hibiki) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. She is a student of class 3-A in Kibito High School. She is a captain of the school's swimming team. She is "Haruka's best friend, a person, who understands her, and her guardian". Hibiki is a senior of Ai Nanasaki.
  • Appearance: Hibiki has black hair that she wears in a ponytail and brown eyes. She wears school uniform while she is in school, and a school swimsuit during school's swimming team practice.
  • Personality: Hibiki is a best friend of Haruka who knows her well. She takes care of Haruka, even by giving the cold shoulder to a boy who was following Haruka. She is proficient in both literary and martial arts, and is a captain of the school's swimming team. Hibiki is admired by junior swimming team members. However, it's hard for her to smile, and she is worried that other people can see her face as scary.
    - 19 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS Plus)
    - 28 (Episode 4/Haruka Morishima Arc Part 4)

latest.png

• Hibiki likes to tease Haruka, junior swimming team members and window shopping.
  • Hibiki dislikes Haruka's playful nature and cooking.
  • Hibiki gets to school by train.

latest.png

Source: official material

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_sasa

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/102406923)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/102406923)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/102394854)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_jish

Illustration by jishaku (source: https://twitter.com/ddyh4kdzd7ckihy/status/1576869802253389826)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_yoo_

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://twitter.com/tenchi_24/status/1587097066114895880)

__tsukahara_hibiki_and_tachibana_jun_ich

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://twitter.com/ugcsasaki/status/1515673781645504512)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://twitter.com/ugcsasaki/status/1505165374286749697)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96226161)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_bkha

Illustration by bkhayatej (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93860112)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86503496)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87746177)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73755427)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/60806383)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/54591844)

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/46839049)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_wa_g

Illustraton by wa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/46875651)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_kish

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/32448237)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_zod_

Illustration by zod!ac (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/30103639)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_toki

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/22783773)
Japanese artist be like (from the artist's comment for the image): 

Goddess of Dotera
Happy birthday Hibiki! ! ! It turned out to be a picture that has nothing to do with my birthday, but that's okay. I'm going to go to the public bath with Hibiki-chan. ■I wonder if you've already forgotten~♪ Oh, it's an Amagamist. Age unknown.

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_nana

Illustration by nana g (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/18007587)

__tsukahara_hibiki_amagami_drawn_by_shou

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/4988676)

End thoughts:

Today, we are having an exception from the rule I was talking about yesterday, and instead have a rather varied collection of fanart. We have another legal adult in here, so things can get as spicy as you can imaging when it comes to fanart. For obvious reasons. Also, because she is part of the swimming team, people absolutely love drawing her in the sport swimwear we got so used to until now from other previous posts of this thread. 

Anyway, next time we are dealing with Yuzuki Ruriko.

• Like 1

spacer.png

My original image board of use was Safebooru (as the name suggests, it only had what could be counted as safe). Nowadays however, I am using Danbooru because it has so many more images then Safebooru. To use Touhou as an example, there's a difference of over 250 thousand images between the two boards. Plus, a good chunk of what is on Pinterest (minus series screenshots) is pretty much what I brought there - I have a collection of over 23 thousand Touhou images on Pinterest. As for NSFW material, minus a few exception, I am fine with it.

Oh, got it! Then that's because of the variety, it makes sense

I wish they could add something like a filter on Danbooru so you could choose NSFW to don't appear, but it probably wouldn't happen, at least half of Danbooru is just NSFW

And 23.000 images of Touhou saved on pinterest is actually amazing, congratulations for it xd

Perhaps I really got desensitized after long exposure to the material, so it is not as striking as it used to be. Also some of it is... not bad. Oh, I am so going to hell...

Wait a second Count...

jyoz8eb3apz71.png.webp

Ngl Maya has got kinda nice arts... Don't ask :YoumuStare:

Character introduction: Tsukahara Hibiki 

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Hibiki Tsukahara (塚原 響 Tsukahara Hibiki) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. She is a student of class 3-A in Kibito High School. She is a captain of the school's swimming team. She is "Haruka's best friend, a person, who understands her, and her guardian". Hibiki is a senior of Ai Nanasaki.
  • Appearance: Hibiki has black hair that she wears in a ponytail and brown eyes. She wears school uniform while she is in school, and a school swimsuit during school's swimming team practice.
  • Personality: Hibiki is a best friend of Haruka who knows her well. She takes care of Haruka, even by giving the cold shoulder to a boy who was following Haruka. She is proficient in both literary and martial arts, and is a captain of the school's swimming team. Hibiki is admired by junior swimming team members. However, it's hard for her to smile, and she is worried that other people can see her face as scary.

I really liked how she look like! It's a anime character that actual looks like a japanese person xd

And wait, a boy follows Haruka? It seems like a interesting part of the anime that probably will make my heart beat fast to know what's gonna happen, sounds like a situation that would be awesome to see in a anime

Knowing that she knows martial arts and like literary, she seems like a cold and at the same time a sweet character since she worries about how people see her due to her difficulties to smile

Nice information 2

Today, we are having an exception from the rule I was talking about yesterday, and instead have a rather varied collection of fanart. We have another legal adult in here, so things can get as spicy as you can imaging when it comes to fanart. For obvious reasons. Also, because she is part of the swimming team, people absolutely love drawing her in the sport swimwear we got so used to until now from other previous posts of this thread. 

Got it, for some reason i feel like that with this information, more people will look into the thread xd

And honestly, all the arts you put, even the spicy ones, are really beautiful, keep it up! =D
R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.png

Edited by _.Mevs
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Turbonator said:

They will never document the search API... https://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki_pages/help%3Acheatsheet

Alright, this is actually quite a useful trick. Thank you for the info!

6 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

Thanks for the information, hope Count see it =)

Gotcha ;) I would prefer however to keep most of the stuff as it already is, as I am not the kind of person who complains so easily when it comes to images. You actually need something quite despicable to make me say anything about it. Otherwise, simply ignore... or keep for, ahem, "reference and research".
Anyway, on with today's topic. 

Character introduction: Ruriko Yuzuki 

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Ruriko Yuzuki (夕月 琉璃子 Yuzuki Ruriko) the club president of the tea club and Rihoko Sakurai's senior. She is always worried about Rihoko's clumsiness and about the future of the tea club, as it will be left in Rihoko's hands as the new club president when she and her best friend, Manaka Hiba, will graduate. She appears in the KimiKiss anime (a game-based anime from the same author of Amagami) as Kaoruko Yuzuki in the episode 19 joining in Aihara little sister "Udon Association" with Manami Hiba (Manaka Hiba).
  • Appearance: Ruriko has short black hair and black eyes with glasses.
  • Personality: Ruriko is a straight and outgoing girl, but she seems to be quite serious and strict at the same time.

latest.png

• the article has no trivia section, so we have to skip it this time around

a3379ccc904bc68ce0b825ab0f5f087cf073156f

Illustration by Takayama Kisai (source: image board)

DUe9qf_X0AEmexh.jpg

104997.webp

104993.webp

104971.webp

amagamiss18-14.jpg

amagami_stitch__ruriko_yuzuki_and_manaka

Illustration by OCTOPUS-SLIME (source: DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/octopus-slime/art/Amagami-Stitch-Ruriko-Yuzuki-and-Manaka-Hiba-01-912598256)

amagami_stitch__ruriko_yuzuki_and_manaka

Illustration by OCTOPUS-SLIME (source: DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/octopus-slime/art/Amagami-Stitch-Ruriko-Yuzuki-and-Manaka-Hiba-02-912601472)

__yuzuki_ruriko_amagami_drawn_by_toki_to

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/16198282)

End thoughts:

We are back to the "side character = little fanart" rule. There are just 4 more character until I can get to Junichi himself. This time, I really did not have where to pick from, no matter how many image boards I would make use of. There are like 12-15 images, and these two I thought to be the ones looking best or be safe enough and represent the character. I had to make use of screenshots from the official source, and look for more... unorthodox sources for the rest (I was not expecting to get back to DeviantArt, it's been a while)

Next time, we are dealing with that girl with long, black hair that appears a lot next to Ruriko in art and shots, Manaka Hiba

• Like 1

spacer.png

Otherwise, simply ignore... or keep for, ahem, "reference and research".

Oh, i perfectly understand those purposes...

Alright Count you have convinced me, hope your researches get each moment better, cough cough

Character introduction: Ruriko Yuzuki 

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Ruriko Yuzuki (夕月 琉璃子 Yuzuki Ruriko) the club president of the tea club and Rihoko Sakurai's senior. She is always worried about Rihoko's clumsiness and about the future of the tea club, as it will be left in Rihoko's hands as the new club president when she and her best friend, Manaka Hiba, will graduate. She appears in the KimiKiss anime (a game-based anime from the same author of Amagami) as Kaoruko Yuzuki in the episode 19 joining in Aihara little sister "Udon Association" with Manami Hiba (Manaka Hiba).
  • Appearance: Ruriko has short black hair and black eyes with glasses.
  • Personality: Ruriko is a straight and outgoing girl, but she seems to be quite serious and strict at the same time.

Alright, she's the president of the tea club and is worried about the future of the club, since it will be left in the hands of other member

I think K-On is kind of haunting me, each single thing i read here is "K-Onable" for me and i can't even explain why

Btw, she's a cute character! (even tho i thought it was a boy in the first image xd) Her hair is cute and also her glasses, she seems like a smart character! I like how she look like, also her serious personality, it goes well with her design!

We are back to the "side character = little fanart" rule. There are just 4 more character until I can get to Junichi himself. This time, I really did not have where to pick from, no matter how many image boards I would make use of. There are like 12-15 images, and these two I thought to be the ones looking best or be safe enough and represent the character. I had to make use of screenshots from the official source, and look for more... unorthodox sources for the rest (I was not expecting to get back to DeviantArt, it's been a while)

Next time, we are dealing with that girl with long, black hair that appears a lot next to Ruriko in art and shots, Manaka Hiba.

Well, in my opinion, even if with little fanarts, it's nice to see parts from the anime! It makes me see how the characters actually look like and that's actually nice, would be interesting to keep it on btw!

And i'm honestly surprised with how they managed to make NSFW with her, but well, even a anime like DenpaTeki Na Kanojo (extremely niche, i never saw not even a single living soul that know that) has a NSFW doujin (btw, this anime is also a recommendation if you like animes like Higurashi)

And going to DeviantArt... I don't know nothing good from this place =')

But, you did a great work with the information you had, good job! =D

• Like 1

Character introduction: Manaka Hiba

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Manaka Hiba (飛羽 愛歌 Hiba Manaka) is the vice president of the tea club who is one of Rihoko Sakurai's seniors along with Ruriko Yuzuki. She appears in Kimikiss (a game-based anime with the same author as Amagami) as Manami Hiba in Episode 19 joining in Aihara's little sister "Udon Association" with Kaoruko Yuzuki (Yuriko Yuzuki).
  • Appearance: Manaka has messy shoulder-length black hair that has a few hair strands hanging over face and black eyes.
  • Personality: Manaka is a shy girl who has a quiet voice and a tendency to speak cryptically. Somewhat strange girl with interests in scuba diving and the abnormal. Really loves her diving suit.

latest.png

• there is no trivia, so I will have to skip it again

__hiba_manaka_amagami_and_1_more_drawn_b

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/22921133)

__hiba_manaka_amagami_drawn_by_toki_toki

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/22431335)

__hiba_manaka_amagami_drawn_by_uncoco__1

Illustration by uncoco (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/3603893)

End thoughts:

I see that Danbooru was talking in her brief profile page about a scuba suit. However, I have yet to find a single image of Manaka dressed in one... From the few images I have posted, combined with those from yesterday (she appears a lot next to Ruriko Yuzuki), she seems to be a little bit of an angsty person. 

Next time, we are dealing with one of the older sisters of Tsukasa, Yukari Ayatsuji

• Like 2

spacer.png

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Manaka Hiba (飛羽 愛歌 Hiba Manaka) is the vice president of the tea club who is one of Rihoko Sakurai's seniors along with Ruriko Yuzuki. She appears in Kimikiss (a game-based anime with the same author as Amagami) as Manami Hiba in Episode 19 joining in Aihara's little sister "Udon Association" with Kaoruko Yuzuki (Yuriko Yuzuki).
  • Appearance: Manaka has messy shoulder-length black hair that has a few hair strands hanging over face and black eyes.
  • Personality: Manaka is a shy girl who has a quiet voice and a tendency to speak cryptically. Somewhat strange girl with interests in scuba diving and the abnormal. Really loves her diving suit.

You, know i'm noticing some similarities between the supporting characters xd

Some of them have more closed eyes than the other characters in the series, i wonder if it was purposeful xd

Btw, i liked her hair! It reminds me of those priestesses that use kimono, idk their names xd But honestly, is a nice looking character, and her interest for scuba diving is definitely something unique from her, i never saw it before! That's nice!

And she having a quiet voice and loving her diving suit makes me imagine her as a cute character!

I see that Danbooru was talking in her brief profile page about a scuba suit. However, I have yet to find a single image of Manaka dressed in one... From the few images I have posted, combined with those from yesterday (she appears a lot next to Ruriko Yuzuki), she seems to be a little bit of an angsty person. 

I found this if it can help you, i found on 4archive, i think they talked about Amagami there at some point:

0rbzMnJ.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 4:57 PM, _.Mevs said:

I found this if it can help you, i found on 4archive, i think they talked about Amagami there at some point:

0rbzMnJ.jpg

Danke! She looks quite pretty in the scuba dive outfit. Now, on with today's character introduction.

Character introduction: Yukari Ayatsuji

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Yukari Ayatsuji (絢辻 縁 Ayatsuji Yukari) is a minor character of Amagami SS. She is an older sister of Tsukasa Ayatsuji.
  • Appearance: Yukari has long black hair that has a somewhat similar hairstyle to Tsukasa Ayatsuji and black eyes.
  • Personality: Yukari is a kind, easygoing and somewhat light headed girl who always smiling, but she also has a nice and aloof personality, which is something that Tsukasa Ayatsuji often dislikes about.

latest.png

__ayatsuji_yukari_amagami_drawn_by_yoo_t

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/97953033)

__ayatsuji_yukari_amagami_drawn_by_mobu_

Illustration by mobu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88174470)

__ayatsuji_yukari_amagami_drawn_by_danie

Illustration by danieri (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72273640)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_ayatsuji_yukari_a

Illustration by santa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/30655896)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_ayatsuji_yukari_a

Illustration by sanshita (source: dead link)

__ayatsuji_yukari_amagami_drawn_by_miyak

Illustration by miyakaze (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/10785491)

End thoughts:

Huh, who would have though Yukari and Tsukasa are sisters (this is a Touhou centered-forum, after all, so I had to make the joke remark)? Still, she is quite interesting. If we got used to brothers/sisters of the protagonists to be younger until now, Yukari is one of those who is older. Yeah, she really does resemble her sister. 

Next time, we are dealing with Noriko Kurosawa

• Like 2

spacer.png

It's been way too long from my previous post, so I think I should increase the pace. Therefore, I might be doing a double-feature today depending on how much content there is:

Character introduction: Noriko Kurosawa

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Noriko Kurosawa (黒沢 典子 Kurosawa Noriko) is a minor character of Amagami SS+ plus.
  • Appearance: Noriko has short dark brown hair, brown eyes and an average size for her age.
  • Personality: Not much is known about Noriko, but it is shown that she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants. She is shown to also be quite manipulative as she managed to get votes by pulling strings and using her fathers influence. She has some sort of rivalry with Tsukasa Ayatsuji as shown in the student council president election as she wanted Junichi Tachibana to be her vice president the same as Tsukasa. It is suggested that she has a crush on Junichi as she confessed and almost kissed him, but it is unclear if it was genuine love or just to get at Tsukasa. It is revealed that she actually likes Junichi to the point where she broadly reveals that she will use any methods to steal him away from Tsukasa, regardless whether it is morally correct or not.

latest.png

• (new section) Role in the anime: Noriko played an important role in Tsukasa Ayatsuji's arc where she joined the presidential election for the student council and became a big rival for Tsukasa. She also assigned Junichi Tachibana as her vice president the same as Tsukasa who is dating Junichi. After losing many votes and losing to Tsukasa, she attempted a last ditch effort to raise initial votes by planning out a trap in which she confesses to Junichi an attempts to kiss him in front of Tsukasa to cause tension between their relationship. However, she saw through her trap and dragged Junichi away giving him a scolding for falling for it. After losing the election, Noriko is seen with her group of friends sulking and then shouting out the window that she will take Junichi from Tsukasa.

__kurosawa_noriko_amagami_drawn_by_woori

Illustration by woori (source: Pixiv - link does not work)

__kurosawa_noriko_amagami_drawn_by_wiori

Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv - another illustration with restricted access)

__kurosawa_noriko_amagami_drawn_by_takem

Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/29626627)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_kurosawa_noriko_a

Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv - restricted access image)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_kurosawa_noriko_a

Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv - restricted access image)

Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv - I think this account may be completely restricted)

Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv)

lllustation by wiori (source: Pixiv)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_tachibana_jun_ichi_an

Illustration by santa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24393402)

Character introduction: Kisato Romeo

[we were supposed to have one more character in here; however, he seems to be such a cryptid that not even Google wants to show me anything related to him]

End thoughts

Looks like we are done with the characters list given by Danbooru. I did have to scratch the barrel quite a bit for now, and there have been some shortcomings with the final two characters. One may wonder: where have I been recently? It's very simple - I arrived home very tired last Wednesday from my long trip (so did not have the time to write anything), then I have spent 4 days on the whole issue about writing the Touhou Memories of Phantasm review after rewatching the whole anime, then Christmas came. Anyway, there is just one thing on which I would normally end this. We have gone through everyone revolving around the protagonist, yet  have not touched the subject of the protagonist himself, Junichi Tachibana

Once I cover Junichi, I really wonder if I should stop here or keep writing. If I were to continue the character introductions, I would go into the two related works that still have some connection to Amagami: Kimi Kiss (another dating sim by Enterbrain; spiritual predecessor of Amagami) and Seiren (Original anime set in the same universe, nine years after Amagami SS). Both of these can turn into their own rabbit wholes, better to be kept in here however. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

For the end of the year, I will finish showcasing the Amagami characters by going through our final character, the protagonist himself:

Character introduction: Junichi Tachibana

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Junichi Tachibana (橘 純一 Tachibana Junichi) is the protagonist of the anime series and video game Amagami. Two years ago, he went out for a Christmas date with a girl that he'd recently confessed to. Unfortunately, she never showed up. Since that day he grew hesitant in the matters of love and despise Christmas Day. However, when he meets one of the six girls in the school, he might have a chance to change his current lifestyle.
  • Appearance: Junichi has black hair and black eyes. He wears the standard school uniform. He usually seen wearing black coat rather than vest. His casual wear consist of a long-sleeve white v-neck with blue jeans. When Junichi is outdoor, he would sometimes wear a brown overcoat.
  • Personality: Junichi has a calm and kind personality. He is also a very patient person but sometimes he can be very immature and forgetful. Even if he is currently in a state of depression, his way to treat everyone doesn't change. He is also very unselfish and helps anyone in need. He can occasionally be a pervert and will even accept to touch a girl who offers herself. He also watches porn if he feels lonely. In the anime, it was seen numerous times that Junichi has acrophobia, as in a fear of heights. However, it seems that 6 girls of the anime seem to accept that.
  • Age: turned 18 during the main story of Amagami and Amagami SS
    - 26 in Amagami SS Plus Episode 10 (Sae Nakata Arc Part 2)
    - 27 in Amagami SS Episode 4 (Haruka Morishima Arc Part 4) and Episode 24 (Tsukasa Ayatsuji Arc Part 4)

latest.png

• In Amagami SS Plus, Junichi is somewhat fond in photography, as seen as in the intro where you will see him holding a camera occasionally, as he is also into filming.
  • He seems to be fond of oranges as he is seen eating in his home in some episodes. This is most notable during Morishima's arc in Amagami SS+ where the table was filled with oranges.
  • This may be linked to his surname Tachibana which means "orange, tangerine" (橘).
  • In the anime, in Tsukasa Ayatsuji's arc, Junichi and Tsukasa came back to the founder's festival 10 years later with there unnamed daughter, who bears a resemblance to the younger Tsukasa.
  • He only fell in love at first sight (Haruka Morishima arc) once in the series. The same case could be said for Sae Nakata but it he was only attracted when he noticed her breasts.
  • During the end of Morishima's arc it was revealed that he became a detective. This is the only instance shown where he gets a job in future sequences. He expresses a hope to become a police officer a few times in the game.
  • His personality remains the same throughout the series and each arc but the dynamic with each female lead is what changes him in each arc.
  • His parents were never seen in the entire series.
  • He only proposed once in the entire series (Haruka Morishima)
  • When depicted of having a child in the future it is often the child is a girl and resembles the mother in during the start of the series. This applies to Sae Nakata and Tsukasa Ayatsuji.
  • He is not a particularly bright student but excelled in mathematics.
  • One episode depicted him being attracted to their teacher.
  • According to Miya, he could only cook fried rice.
  • He often exaggerates his fantasies especially when the perv side of him appears.
  • In the series he dated two president of the foundation festival (Nakata and Ayatsuji).
  • Even outside their respective arcs, Junichi shows interest or even slight attraction to the female leads except Kaoru and Rihoko (possibly because he considered them more as friends).
  • In season 1 each of the arcs climaxes at Christmas eve (except Rihoko where the Christmas episode was finished by the 2nd episode of the arc).
  • Rihoko is the only girl he didn't realize he had feelings for until season 2.
  • He was depicted getting married only once in the series.
  • In game, Ai Nanasaki is his only lead that regardless of the ending will love him still. Sae Nakata also has this disposition but it was implied that they never saw each other again in the bad ending.

latest.png

latest.png

latest.png

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_tachibana_miya_and_ta

Illustration by kaoru348 (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/52935897)

__tachibana_jun_ichi_and_kurosawa_noriko

Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv - illustration no longer available for the public)

__tachibana_miya_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_

Illustration by h.i.t (source: Pixiv - illustration no longer available for the public)

__kamizaki_risa_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_a

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/41658157)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_tachibana_jun_ich

Collection of illustrations realized by santa (over 100 images), put together as a GIF (star of the GIF: Ayatsuji Tsukasa)

__sakurai_rihoko_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_

Illustration by peg (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/34972386)

__sakurai_rihoko_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_

illustration by  yuzuki n dash (source: (C79) [Lv.X+] Soen Rihoko)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_tachibana_jun_ichi_an

I spot a few memes in here. Illustration by wiori (source: Pixiv - you know the drill...) (star of the image - Miss Takahashi Maya, creator of the current form of the Santa dresses contest in their high school - more about that in her character introduction)

__tachibana_miya_sakurai_rihoko_and_tach

Illustration by ishikura keiichi (source: image board - quite possible to be official art for the anime)

__tanamachi_kaoru_and_tachibana_jun_ichi

Illustration by nagisa manoa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15757054)

Illustration by kasuga souichi (source: Pixiv - no longer available)

kamizaki_risa_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_ama

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/11696508)

Illustration by Takayama Kisai (source: https://yande.re/post/show/108205) - even here, people are still talking about Kaoru's gorgeously messy hair

__tanamachi_kaoru_sakurai_rihoko_and_tac

Illustration by peg (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/3863877)

End thoughts

This is it. The end of the character introductions for this year. I have left Junichi for the end because I think he has been a very interesting case. Usually, when I think of the stereotypical dating sim game, I think of a shallow protagonist, only useful as a vessel for the player to self-insert. However, quite possibly in part thanks to the anime adaptation, Junichi really got a bit of personality. And from what I read, he seems to actually be quite likeable. And maybe even a little bit relatable? At least in terms of personality and development until the game (and meeting all these girls), I may even dare say I have found some things that reminded me of when I was his age (17-18). But maybe this comes from the fact I am still half-baked, and do not really have a lot of experience be it with anime, dating sim games or just romance as a whole.

In terms of exploring his fanart, there are just 10 pages of it despite the fact he is the main character. There are a lot of images of him interacting with the girls...sexually, but I guess it is not so bad as I thought it would be (he is 18, and the characters depicted with him are the same ago, slightly older or just a little bit younger). The only ones that cannot be redeemed are those involving incest (that ones can go straight to hell). However, there are also a lot of wholesome ones, from interactions with his colleagues to simple scenes of the future featuring Junichi, his wife and child. Of all kinds of interaction (safe or not), I think the most I have counted during my search were in regards to him and Kaoru. Which I think is extremely cute (and this is not just because I believe she is such a precious bean, I swear), they are just so cute when interacting. 

Anyway, as we are soon getting into the next year, I wanted to make sure I will not cross with unfinished business. If there is ay plan for expanding this thread to the connected series, that will most likely come through January or later. Until that, I will leave the floor to anyone willing to joining the discussion. I will probably end up coming back to posting Kaoru art in here, so don't mind me (unless you do, and would like to talk about it; I am open for discussion). Until that, see you next time. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

spacer.png

I'm back to the forum!

Danke! She looks quite pretty in the scuba dive outfit. Now, on with today's character introduction.

Agreed! She looks really cute!

Character introduction: Yukari Ayatsuji

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Yukari Ayatsuji (絢辻 縁 Ayatsuji Yukari) is a minor character of Amagami SS. She is an older sister of Tsukasa Ayatsuji.
  • Appearance: Yukari has long black hair that has a somewhat similar hairstyle to Tsukasa Ayatsuji and black eyes.
  • Personality: Yukari is a kind, easygoing and somewhat light headed girl who always smiling, but she also has a nice and aloof personality, which is something that Tsukasa Ayatsuji often dislikes about.

Oh, it's a surprise that she's kind and is always smiling! For some reason, when i first looked at her, she seemed like a cold character for me xd

Maybe i'm getting tricked by the fact that most characters have personalities that match the way they look like xd

And idk if it's just me but, i think the creator of Amagami kinda likes characters with black straight hairs, since there's a lot of them! Ngl that's nice

End thoughts:

Huh, who would have though Yukari and Tsukasa are sisters (this is a Touhou centered-forum, after all, so I had to make the joke remark)? Still, she is quite interesting. If we got used to brothers/sisters of the protagonists to be younger until now, Yukari is one of those who is older. Yeah, she really does resemble her sister. 

I thought of it, that was such a good character for this forum xd

That's interesting too! It's also nice to think that Amagami has a lot of characters with brothers and sisters, it's something interesting! Also the way they make them with similar looks to their brothers/sisters, even though is a simple detail, as someone that already watched a lot of animes, i can say that isn't always that the creators make people from the same family have the same looks, usually they're between very different (like in Charlotte, between Yuu Otosaka and Ayumi Otosaka, even with their similarities, i wouldn't think they were relatives xd) or very similar (like Ui and Yui in K-On!)

• Like 1

It's been way too long from my previous post, so I think I should increase the pace. Therefore, I might be doing a double-feature today depending on how much content there is:

Character introduction: Noriko Kurosawa

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Noriko Kurosawa (黒沢 典子 Kurosawa Noriko) is a minor character of Amagami SS+ plus.
  • Appearance: Noriko has short dark brown hair, brown eyes and an average size for her age.
  • Personality: Not much is known about Noriko, but it is shown that she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants. She is shown to also be quite manipulative as she managed to get votes by pulling strings and using her fathers influence. She has some sort of rivalry with Tsukasa Ayatsuji as shown in the student council president election as she wanted Junichi Tachibana to be her vice president the same as Tsukasa. It is suggested that she has a crush on Junichi as she confessed and almost kissed him, but it is unclear if it was genuine love or just to get at Tsukasa. It is revealed that she actually likes Junichi to the point where she broadly reveals that she will use any methods to steal him away from Tsukasa, regardless whether it is morally correct or not.

latest.png

• (new section) Role in the anime: Noriko played an important role in Tsukasa Ayatsuji's arc where she joined the presidential election for the student council and became a big rival for Tsukasa. She also assigned Junichi Tachibana as her vice president the same as Tsukasa who is dating Junichi. After losing many votes and losing to Tsukasa, she attempted a last ditch effort to raise initial votes by planning out a trap in which she confesses to Junichi an attempts to kiss him in front of Tsukasa to cause tension between their relationship. However, she saw through her trap and dragged Junichi away giving him a scolding for falling for it. After losing the election, Noriko is seen with her group of friends sulking and then shouting out the window that she will take Junichi from Tsukasa.A

So, that's interesting that there's some kind of "antagonist" in the story, mostly because i was thinking that it would be just a romance without lots of twists, it made me more interested into Amagami tbh

Btw, she's a cute character, i personally like how they made her! Mostly because i like short hairs xd

And that trap was kinda cruel tbh, it reminds me of that girl that asked Junichi after he helped her, and then Kaoru punched him xd

End thoughts

Looks like we are done with the characters list given by Danbooru. I did have to scratch the barrel quite a bit for now, and there have been some shortcomings with the final two characters. One may wonder: where have I been recently? It's very simple - I arrived home very tired last Wednesday from my long trip (so did not have the time to write anything), then I have spent 4 days on the whole issue about writing the Touhou Memories of Phantasm review after rewatching the whole anime, then Christmas came. Anyway, there is just one thing on which I would normally end this. We have gone through everyone revolving around the protagonist, yet  have not touched the subject of the protagonist himself, Junichi Tachibana

Once I cover Junichi, I really wonder if I should stop here or keep writing. If I were to continue the character introductions, I would go into the two related works that still have some connection to Amagami: Kimi Kiss (another dating sim by Enterbrain; spiritual predecessor of Amagami) and Seiren (Original anime set in the same universe, nine years after Amagami SS). Both of these can turn into their own rabbit wholes, better to be kept in here however.

Oh, then she's the last one before Junichi

Honestly, i really had fun reading all the thread, it was really nice and i admire your effort into it!

Btw, don't worry about the time away from the forum, i think a lot of people also did since the late year parties usually take a lot of our time to enjoy our families and other stuff! (I'm included into it, is also because of that i didn't watch Amagami yet and neither posted anything here xd)

About stopping, i honestly think you should do what you think is better for you, if there's more content, i'd love to see it! I really like reading this thread, since is like i'm seeing a series of stuff that really interest me! But, just like series have time before getting new seasons, i think you should get some rest before you keep writing (if you will keep writing, of course!), since probably it is kinda good for everyone to take a time before keep going with something!

Or you could also start a new thread about those other Amagami related series, since it seems like a really nice universe!

• Like 1

Character introduction: Junichi Tachibana

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Junichi Tachibana (橘 純一 Tachibana Junichi) is the protagonist of the anime series and video game Amagami. Two years ago, he went out for a Christmas date with a girl that he'd recently confessed to. Unfortunately, she never showed up. Since that day he grew hesitant in the matters of love and despise Christmas Day. However, when he meets one of the six girls in the school, he might have a chance to change his current lifestyle.
  • Appearance: Junichi has black hair and black eyes. He wears the standard school uniform. He usually seen wearing black coat rather than vest. His casual wear consist of a long-sleeve white v-neck with blue jeans. When Junichi is outdoor, he would sometimes wear a brown overcoat.
  • Personality: Junichi has a calm and kind personality. He is also a very patient person but sometimes he can be very immature and forgetful. Even if he is currently in a state of depression, his way to treat everyone doesn't change. He is also very unselfish and helps anyone in need. He can occasionally be a pervert and will even accept to touch a girl who offers herself. He also watches porn if he feels lonely. In the anime, it was seen numerous times that Junichi has acrophobia, as in a fear of heights. However, it seems that 6 girls of the anime seem to accept that.
  • Age: turned 18 during the main story of Amagami and Amagami SS
    - 26 in Amagami SS Plus Episode 10 (Sae Nakata Arc Part 2)
    - 27 in Amagami SS Episode 4 (Haruka Morishima Arc Part 4) and Episode 24 (Tsukasa Ayatsuji Arc Part 4)

Alright, Amagami just tricked me again with the way characters look like

I noticed he was calm and kind but i'd never think he's in a depression state and that stuff =')

I think the anime will change that at all, right? Since he'll live some love stories, maybe he won't be so sad in the end, and i also didn't think he would be a pervert sometimes or watch porn when lonely

It is kinda surprising for a romance series, i never saw something similar tbh, he definitely is a unique character

It actually makes me more interested into him and into Amagami itself, since it seems like it isn't just a happy romance like many others!

And i wanna say, you did a great job looking for arts, all those of Junichi and the girls are really cute and wholesome!

End thoughts

This is it. The end of the character introductions for this year. I have left Junichi for the end because I think he has been a very interesting case. Usually, when I think of the stereotypical dating sim game, I think of a shallow protagonist, only useful as a vessel for the player to self-insert. However, quite possibly in part thanks to the anime adaptation, Junichi really got a bit of personality. And from what I read, he seems to actually be quite likeable. And maybe even a little bit relatable? At least in terms of personality and development until the game (and meeting all these girls), I may even dare say I have found some things that reminded me of when I was his age (17-18). But maybe this comes from the fact I am still half-baked, and do not really have a lot of experience be it with anime, dating sim games or just romance as a whole.

In terms of exploring his fanart, there are just 10 pages of it despite the fact he is the main character. There are a lot of images of him interacting with the girls...sexually, but I guess it is not so bad as I thought it would be (he is 18, and the characters depicted with him are the same ago, slightly older or just a little bit younger). The only ones that cannot be redeemed are those involving incest (that ones can go straight to hell). However, there are also a lot of wholesome ones, from interactions with his colleagues to simple scenes of the future featuring Junichi, his wife and child. Of all kinds of interaction (safe or not), I think the most I have counted during my search were in regards to him and Kaoru. Which I think is extremely cute (and this is not just because I believe she is such a precious bean, I swear), they are just so cute when interacting. 

Anyway, as we are soon getting into the next year, I wanted to make sure I will not cross with unfinished business. If there is ay plan for expanding this thread to the connected series, that will most likely come through January or later. Until that, I will leave the floor to anyone willing to joining the discussion. I will probably end up coming back to posting Kaoru art in here, so don't mind me (unless you do, and would like to talk about it; I am open for discussion). Until that, see you next time. 

I agree with you about Junichi being someone relatable, mostly since the stuff he go through alone, like depression and watching porn when feels lonely are some stuff that are kinda real, but not only the bad, also the good stuff are also relatable, mostly his interactions with friends and with his girlfriend, it is wholesome and really cute, like, if i still was in a relationship, i'd probably see it with other eyes

About having too little art, probably is because he's a male, just like the case of Umehara (i think it was his name), there's not a lot of content to do with it, but, you can use them to make really nice situations, just like you say about the wholesome and cute arts, and even the sexual ones, it depends on what you like

And well, the incest thing, i won't even talk about it since maybe you already noticed how much i hate those disgusting stuff that people do when they see relatives or underage characters in anime, it's gross

Btw, if you will talk about the connected series or even just post Kaoru art, i still think that it will be a nice thread to see! I really have fun seeing what you post here and i recommend you watching the animes too, since there's a lot of content you can find into it!

Anyway, hope you have a great year in 2023 =D

FumoMarisa.png.746a508fab9d3a87280f1c90d5f4210e.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:30 PM, _.Mevs said:

About stopping, i honestly think you should do what you think is better for you, if there's more content, i'd love to see it! I really like reading this thread, since is like i'm seeing a series of stuff that really interest me! But, just like series have time before getting new seasons, i think you should get some rest before you keep writing (if you will keep writing, of course!), since probably it is kinda good for everyone to take a time before keep going with something!

I am still not 100% convinced what I would like to do next. I would still like to stay here, but I am thinking if covering the spin-offs would be worth it. Perhaps they can be a multiple feature, one for each of the games given that I may be able to sum them up in the length of a single long Amagami character introduction comment. If there is not much fanart, then it will be easy.

Anyway, thank you so much for having been around, and just giving me the energy to continue this. It feels so much better to know that at least one person seems interested in what you are talking about, as it seems like you are the only persons who has interacted with the thread besides myself. In a way, I wish there was more activity in here, but I guess it makes sense not to be so many people given this is an off-topic series compared to our main focus centered around Touhou. 

• Up 1

spacer.png

I am still not 100% convinced what I would like to do next. I would still like to stay here, but I am thinking if covering the spin-offs would be worth it. Perhaps they can be a multiple feature, one for each of the games given that I may be able to sum them up in the length of a single long Amagami character introduction comment. If there is not much fanart, then it will be easy.

Well, for me it will be worth it, but think of yourself too, maybe you can take some time to yourself so you can watch the Amagami animes and that stuff, so you'll have more content to talk about! When you watch something, it is really different to the information the wiki provided, since the wiki will be more like a fast way to explain everything, since there's more content waiting for you when you see what Amagami itself has to offer

I think you can still find a lot of nice stuff to talk about, but i think would be good to get more into it so you'll have more stuff to talk about later =D

Anyway, thank you so much for having been around, and just giving me the energy to continue this. It feels so much better to know that at least one person seems interested in what you are talking about, as it seems like you are the only persons who has interacted with the thread besides myself. In a way, I wish there was more activity in here, but I guess it makes sense not to be so many people given this is an off-topic series compared to our main focus centered around Touhou. 

Oh, i'm the one that should thank you for keep posting, i really liked the thread! Mostly since it made me interested into something during my mornings, since i used to wake up, drink my coffee and come to the computer to check the forum, the first place i checked was this thread to see if there was new content, i really did enjoy seeing the fanarts and reading everything you had to talk about! I think it is common to people don't interact a lot with something that isn't inside their niche, but i'm sure that i wasn't the only one interested in the thread, since some people still reacted to the posts and seemed to enjoy reading it too =D

I honestly would love to see more stuff on this thread, you did an amazing work, good job Count! =D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For quite some time now, it may seem like I have been missing from the Shrine. Yeah, I really did. Recently, I've really felt devoid of ideas to write about at the Shrine. Ran out of any inspiration or interesting topics. And the decrease in interaction with what I already created has also been a little deterring. But the final nail in the coffin has been the beginning of the exams. I really hope those will be over soon...

As for something different, I actually started watching Amagami. Until now, I only had time for one arc, but I would like to get one more this weekend. First story arc has been that of Morishima Haruka. I will not go into spoiler territory with what is going on (I may have already spoiled it from her character introduction), but I think it was a nice story. Sure, like in any anime, especially those that have romantic plots, you may still have one of those eye-rolling moments, and one of the points I've seen in another video recently seems to apply (even if just like 1-2 times as of yet) about the use of female fanservice applies. But as a whole, I think the first arc has been quite a nice way to spend one evening (since it's just 4 episodes, about 24-25 minutes long). Heck, and I even ended up liking Haruka more than I expected. As for side characters, I like the way they were handles. Each of the girls still exists, even if they are downgraded to episodic appearances. Probably the characters that get most of the screentime, besides Junichi and Haruka, might be Miya (Junichi's younger sister), Umehara and Kaoru, the latter two being Junichi's comrades he might get into a friendly banter with (especially with Kaoru, it's almost like a gag through the arc).

Spoiler

image.png

Hey, I really forgot that, Keiko really appeared a lot as a background character, and she really does have that confession letter scene in the series intro. And just like I've been reading, she's interacting a lot with Kaoru (after all, the two are friends)

image.png

Anyway, time for next arc. This time, the story will focus on Kaoru. Given the way this series works, and the nature of the source material, I really wonder how it will handle the fact you basically make a story arc out of each game route. Does the timeline simply repeat? Does the poor Junichi live Groundhog Day each time the arc ends? It remains to be seen...

PS: to my understanding about this series. Amagami SS is basically treated as a Season 1 of the series, which came out in 2010 (25 episodes). Amagami SS+ Plus is basically Season 2, and that one came out in 2012 (13 episodes). Besides the two "seasons", there are also two OVAs for Amagami SS, and the Specials for SS+ Plus. And then there is one more anime called Seiren, released in 2017 and basically considered a sequel to Amagami (I know that apparently Seiren takes place in the same universe).

spacer.png

Alright, so I finished watching the second arc.

All I want to say is that I have not felt so happy in a very long time. I might be extremely biased, since it was the Tanamachi Kaoru arc, but I really had a great time with it. Last time, I was wondering if the timeline just resets at the beginning of each arc - YES, it does. Interesting though, this time we received a little more of the flashback, as a continuation of the first arc's opening flashback. Maybe in time we are going to build a greater image of what happened during the fateful Christmas Even from 2 years prior?

Anyway, back tot he arc itself. If last time, the story kind was that of "romancing the popular high school girl", this time it was more of a "two old friends end up developing feelings for each other, even if they initially deny it". And from there, all the build-up through 4 episodes leading to a cute resolution. I would like to talk more about the episodes, but I would prefer not to spoil the synopsis for an anime from 13 years ago. However, some highlights:

• Kaoru really knows how to punch, and will jump in an instant to defend her friends, even if it means potentially picking a fight
  • overall, she is quite a tomboy in her general attitude
  • despite being seemingly strong, Kaoru does have her weak spots - it will become more clear in the second half of her arc
  • the Keiko subplot - hinted from the intro, we got some of it through the arc; I feel though there might be more to it in the future though; it's cute though how Junichi and Kaoru would end up helping her; a little bit of a payback later, organized by both Keiko and Masayoshi 
  • our protagonist is also quite acrobatic, given she can climb a tree, retrieve something stuck there, then come back to the ground gracefully, just like a cat  
  • this arc overall has had, surprisingly, more fanservice then the previous - not that I am complaining; part of it comes from the imagination of Junichi
  • only now, 8 episodes in, did I realize that each character has their own music theme, sang by the voice actress of the character; in the case of Kaoru, her music theme in first season is Kitto Ashita wa... ("Surely Tomorrow Will...") - all I can say is that I love that song, and without a joke, Rina Sato really has talent for singing:

(funny how on Spotify, for the song author, they have decided to first credit the character, then the voice actor for it)

I've felt a little weird as a side effect. I have felt so much happier than I usually am, and for a few days really developed a crave for sweets. Could there be any connection between the general happiness and crave for sweets? An the fact I have been listening to the song for the past few days since I found it. Yes, I am starting to believe that Amagami is the new big thing happening to me after Touhou. Not that I am going to drop any of them, alternating the two things (as well as Warhammer and BattleTech)  can prevent a burnout. And all of this sated because of a single character, found long ago through a random image on Pinterest... 

yande.png

And now, after watching this arc, the following meme feels even more justified:

Spoiler

11133861_1031298030231354_39563078563553

And for a bonus, a list of characters voiced by Rina Sato (Satou? It's a weird "o" with accent - this thing ō) in 20 years of activity until now (not all, since the list might be much longer):

l4urm8ci6lw61.png

Next time, I will return with a spoiler-free review of the Nakata Sae arc.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I was supposed to write this review a long time ago. Since my previous one, I have actually finished two story arcs, so I think I will go with a double feature. It is the middle point of the season, so why not. Therefore, let's just get to the story:

The Nakata Sae arc

In these 4 episodes, we are getting into yet another new kind of situation. The trope is that of that os the shy girl that has to overcome her fears and get the courage to speak up (or at least just speak...). I will try to keep things short, as spoiler free as possible. There are still some things though that I can mention without giving away too much information:

• if people think Junichi is a perv, his younger sister Miya is not so much behind him (quite a bit of a surprise, but it was executed in a way that was rather fun)
  • and speaking of Junichi, a series of unfortunate coincidences - some situations that are very easy to take out of context, which attracted the anger of his sister twice

"NII-NII YOU PERVERT!" (probably even better in Japanese, hope I remember it correctly: "NII-NII NO HENTAI!")

• despite all the accidents, Junichi has good intentions, and shows one of his positive aspects through the episodes - you will see what I mean 
  • if I though there was an increase in the amount of fanservice through the Kaoru arc, this one really takes the cake with several scenes
  • and speaking of Kaoru, she really does seem to appear in every episode at least once; same goes for Umehara - they are both Junichi's best friends, so I guess it makes sense
  • "imagine moment" happens (with a fun answer from Junichi and Umehara afterwards):

d9b0ade1644b297a149f37da6a2baf5a7b7a496a

• I will not give context for the following image:

image.png

Keiko laughing sure is something I was not expecting to see. Looks like she has more moods than just being angsty and shy to confess her feelings...

The Nanasaki Ai arc

First, I would like to point out a significant change. All the way to Episode 12, we have had one intro sequence (represented in a previous review through the Keiko scene) with the song I Love by Azusa. Starting with Episode 13, there is a new intro, with the song Kimi No Mama De by the same Azusa. 

The original intro song

The second intro song

Now, for the story itself. I am not very sure where to place it in terms of reaching an archetype, but it sure is somewhere. All I would like to say, without spoiling the story, is that we start from a rather cold relation between the two characters, which is only improving through time. Also, we finally get to see another trait of Junichi - his talent at Mathematics, as well as its use for good means (he is also very good at comforting people/make them feel better). And without giving away too much of the end, I find it interesting that apparently the best and bad endings have been combined for the anime adaptation. Now for a few quick notes:

• I can confirm, there has been no episode as of yet to lack featuring Kaoru in any shape or another; even when you don't expect, she will be there. Guys want to check on a new librarian chick? She will come to check too. Get a hallucination where you see a gender-bent Kaoru going hand-in-hand with Keiko? You sure will get that.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• and speaking of Keiko again, it sure was a surprise to see her dressed in a Santa outfit (the cat in the bag is included)

image.png

• Maya Takahashi (the teacher) is getting more screen time; I was not expecting her to get drunk though at the students' food stalls though 
  • (show spoiler territory below)
Spoiler

Also holy shit some of the implications in the ending. Did the show just imply that Junichi and Ai did... A hot spring, far from the city, no clothes, the two kissing and a shot of them from the distance. We have to keep in mind something. Nanasaki Ai is 15 years old in Amagami SS (16 in the next season)

Anyway, time to go to the next arc. The story will cover Rihoko Sakurai However, there is one thing concerning me. I have heard about the reputation of this specific arc, which was apparently butchered by the network. Therefore, things will go a little different from how we got used to the formula of this show...

Spoiler

"It would be nice..."

spacer.png