The Amagami thread - an introduction to the cast

CountVonNumenor

This is the off-topic section of the forum, I guess an off-topic thread works as well. This originally started as a series of comments in the anime art style thread, but I have decided to dedicate it a special thread where to port the info and some fanart I really like. And maybe talk a bit about it, just like I did with the Len'en thread. Therefore, get ready for me talking about something not Touhou-related:

Some time ago, as I was randomly going through Pinterest, I randomly found this image:

unknown.png

Due to a lack of context behind it, I just saved the image in a collection I have dedicated to nice-looking anime art style. Skip forward a few months, I found the character again as I was looking through the art galleries of Danbooru. At the time, I still did not really keep count of who she was, but I was happy to find the design again as I though she looks very pretty. This is an image I remember from back then:

__tanamachi_kaoru_amagami_drawn_by_takem

Art by takemi kaoru - source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/35052311 

Following this, it seems like I forgot again about the discovery for a few months, until about a couple weeks ago. Again, I have rediscovered it through Danbooru, and this time it actually caught to me. That was the beginning of me starting a fall through another rabbit hole. Now to connect it with the original two posts from the anime art style thread. Another thing about anime art style. And quite a detour from the previous sub-topic (still open for discussion on that one though). Had I not been told this is the same character, I would have thought they are completely different ones. The style used can make quite a difference, and is one of the things I like a lot about art in general. Good connection with the overall topic since this is based on an anime:

unknown.png

Artist: I think this is official material. Character - Tanamachi Kaoru from the video game Amagami (which was also turned into a manga spinoff series and anime, naturally)

unknown.png

Artist: miura-n315 (https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/71716971)

unknown.png

Artist: 薫風と共に去りぬ (https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91641564)

No matter the art style, this is awesome. I just very fond of young women with black, wavy, shoulder-leght haircuts. It is my weak point; also make the hair a bit fluffy, and I feel like in heaven. And now with this, you are also aware of my tastes, at least in terms of art (gonna be interesting to actually rest this in real life at some point...). Plus, who can resist a cute, wholesome smile?

unknown.png

(Again, this looks very much like a screen capture from the anime adaptation of the game)

Now, for some more info on what is going on (with the whole show, or at the very least this character; I ae no idea why I am suddenly feeling so attracted to the traits and features of the design...).  I made a little bit of research in regards to Amagami. To my surprise (pleasant or not, I have yet to decide), the original game is... a dating sim.

__tanamachi_kaoru_amagami_drawn_by_takay

Also this is quite on topic with the latest Amagami-related product... which I was honestly not expecting to be an ASMR (Artist: takayama kisai - source: https://mimicle.com/lp/amagamiasmr)

Danbooru takes the cake for the way to describe the series in their wiki section for Amagami:

"A dating sim game for the PS2 by Enterbrain, adapted into six manga anthologies and an anime series as Amagami SS, with an experimental omnibus in which each girl gets her story arc. In 2022, a series of ASMR videos performed by each of the main heroines was released by Mimicle.

After being unceremoniously rejected two Christmas Eves ago, Tachibana Jun'ichi has since become reluctant to fall in love again. All that changes, however, when he reaches his second-year and encounters six girls who may give him a chance to love once again - a school idol, his tomboyish friend, a friend of his younger sister Miya, an ace swimmer, his childhood friend, and his class's Representative.

Currently it's Japanese only, though a team on 4chan has been working on a PC rip and translation for some time now."

I do not necessarily hate the genre, but I am not the most fond of it either. I am feeling way too shy and easily flustered for even trying to play such a game, and maybe it is not my cup of tea. However, this Tanamachi girl has left a strong impression one me. I like the design - quite a lot actually, and like I have said further down the line in the post, she really fits into most of the design features (and overall physical appearance) details I like a lot.

I think a series of comments on Danbooru for a not-so-safe art piece sum up very well the feeling given by the design:

Screenshot_20221122_022254.jpg

That moment there is a naked woman in front of you, but you decided to focus on her haircut than the body itself (can't blame anyone here, that haircut really seems like the defining physical feature of Tanamachi Kaoru, it really steals the show)

Am I just slowly descending into madness? Down another rabbit whole of obsessions? This time, it is not about an entire series anymore, but just about a single element from a series. She (Tanamachi Kaoru) is very cute though, and that is something to probably appreciate, I guess... If I actually were to play the game, or read the manga/watch the anime, I would probably solely watch it to see her. Again, I am really fond of young women with black, wavy, shoulder-leght haircuts. It is my weak point; also make the hair a bit fluffy, and I feel like in heaven. And the art style in which she is depicted can sometimes make the whole difference. That is why in the previous comment, I posted a variety of images about her - some of them from the official anime adaptation, others from the various artists. Overall, I really like the dedication of Amagami fans, as they are still drawing their series even of the oldest drawing uploaded to Danbooru for example are almost 15 years now. 

(Imagine this was about 10 years ago...) Artist: takemi kaoru (source:  https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/42937270)

Bonus, more interesting content I have found about that series:

unknown.png

A bit more of the cast from the game. Given it is a dating sim at origin, you sure can expect to have a lot of choices to pick from (Not pictured: probably like half of the girls)

unknown.png

And I think here we have all of the girls from Amagami...

unknown.png

(pictured: surprisingly, a rather canonical outfit of Tanamachi given one of her mundane tasks as a waitress) Artist: takayama kisai - original source dead, still maintained on Danbooru (https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/687156)

unknown.png

67cdfa57597d12cab72f59b835fe91f4.jpg

Probably the actual, canonical waitress outfit...

And now for some lore (you can't escape me without having served some lore...):

• General introduction (thanks to the Amagami wiki): Kaoru Tanamachi (棚町 薫 Tanamachi Kaoru) is one of main characters of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. She, along with Rihoko Sakurai, is a childhood friend of Junichi Tachibana and a student of Class 2-A with Junichi.
  • Appearance: Kaoru has black, curly hair, black eyes, and an average bust size. She is described as "stylish" or "trendy".
  • Personality: Kaoru is a tough and hardworking girl who is both lively and unpredictable. She also has a habit of teasing and hitting Junichi Tachibana at seemingly random moments. She is also the main target of Junichi's perversion and she is also seen with Masayoshi Umehara (Junichi's best friend). She works part-time as a waitress at a family restaurant and sometimes in other part-time jobs to help her mother maintain their ability as a two-person family to live independently. Consequently, she is totally against it when her mother dates another man.

I will not spoil the rest, since most of the relevant stuff on the wiki comes from the endings of the game. I will not go into information about the anime either, as I think it would be better to be explored by everyone individually (I may do that at some point, perhaps). I will just leave a clip here though. I have not checked it yet, but I think it will not create any problems around (also spoiler for potential spoilers - again, I am not so sure if it is an actual spoiler, or just a moment selected by the user because it looked funny/cute in the anime):

EDIT: Now I actually know what is going on in that video. The action in the video may seem like it's going one direction, given the way it is built up and if you are to go according to steretypes, but the twist turns it into wholesome at the end. What I was surprised of though was the...squishy voice they gave Tanamachi. I'm not sure what I should have expected, but this one sure was a surprise when put next to the design itself.

Alright, so har far gone am I down the rabbit hole? I think this is the first time when I get interested in just a character from a series, and not the series as a whole. I just really like the design, and can always appreciate good fanart of any character. This is one of those perfect instances I kept mentioning in the past of how good fanart of a character can actually make you interested in a series. I may be one of those "posers"/"fake fans", only brought in for the waifu/cute young women part of the thing, but screw it. But in a way, I guess it works, given the nature of the source material (a dating sim game). I think I will try watch the anime at least one day.

(Also reminder I have to write a thread soon enough about what makes one a Touhou fan, so see you there in terms of new content)

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 4

spacer.png

It's amazing how you made me interested in a character with a single post xd

I'm gonna watch the anime and read the manga, but this kind of game isn't my style so i'm gonna skip it xd

But honestly, the anime got me, what i love the most is that 2000 - 2010 anime style and how cute and wholesome it looks, i really need to see it!

She's also cute actually, i understand why you liked her xd

You really got me interested into that, i'll surely put it in my list of stuff i wanna watch!

I love 2000 - 2010 anime as i said, mostly it's style and the calm energy it brings to me, that's actually what got me more interested into watching this anime and reading the manga xd

R.gif.015c7e6d30a0d8238c078ef3cc332f99.gif

• Like 1
  • Up 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:04 PM, _.Mevs said:

I'm gonna watch the anime and read the manga, but this kind of game isn't my style so i'm gonna skip it xd

First of all, thank you a lot for replaying in this thread. for quite a bit, I felt I was the only one who was interested in this, or that everything I talked about was way too niche and unknown for everyone else so that only I would know what this is. 

That is perfectly fair. I am quite hesitant when it comes to this kind of games, but I would surely like to check out the adaptations one day. That video really made me quite interested in the anime version. It is also interesting how you adapt a game with multiple paths like a dating sim into an anime , and give enough attention to all routes. Maybe it is not something amazing for people more used to anime and overall Japanese media, but for me it is, especially since I am not very accustomed to this kind of media. From what I have seen, Amagami SS has one arc for each of the girls. From these, Tanamachi Kaoru and her story & interaction with Jun'ichi is covered in the second arc. But I would sure like to see how they dealt with everything in the spin-off adaptation.  

But honestly, the anime got me, what i love the most is that 2000 - 2010 anime style and how cute and wholesome it looks, i really need to see it!

Oh, so you have watched the video clip? What else do you think about it? For me, it was a little bit of a surprise thy decided to give her a squishy voice. Maybe I was not expecting it, but it just make it more cute. 

Fanart by Takemi Kaoru (source: https://twitter.com/TAKEMIKAORU/status/1477051816114532353/photo/1)

__tanamachi_kaoru_amagami_drawn_by_danie

Fanart by danieri (source (2 versions): https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76051870)

She's also cute actually, i understand why you liked her xd

Glad you can understand me. Without trying to be too pushy, what are your tastes? At least in terms of features in art. Because I really like some features when it comes to depiction in any form of art. 

Bonus: maybe not something very special compared to other anime, but there is an official excuse for fan-artists to depict Kaoru in swimwear. At least in the 1 piece kind of swimwear, since that one seems to have been featured in the anime. Again, not something special (since a lot of anime has the mandatory beach/hot springs episode at some point). Interesting though for me is the fact Kaoru has rather... average shapes compared to other anime where the artistic direction would have gone for "interesting" body types. 

unknown.png

From the official anime (source: Amagami wiki)

unknown.png

Fanart by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/101249798)

• Like 1

spacer.png

First of all, thank you a lot for replaying in this thread. for quite a bit, I felt I was the only one who was interested in this, or that everything I talked about was way too niche and unknown for everyone else so that only I would know what this is. 

Oh, no problem! I actually got interested into it since i first saw you talking about it, but this one post was like the one that made me more curious xd

I know how you feel, is like when i talk about touhou with my only one friend that likes it in my friends group, they don't understand nothing =')

It is also interesting how you adapt a game with multiple paths like a dating sim into an anime , and give enough attention to all routes. Maybe it is not something amazing for people more used to anime and overall Japanese media, but for me it is, especially since I am not very accustomed to this kind of media.

If you want a recommendation, i'll show you another very confuse rabbit hole called Higurashi Naku No Koro Ni (there's lots of animes and is based in a visual novel), is my favorite one since it has a whole universe that is based in something so simple such like some friends in a village (it's also kinda heavy so if you don't like too violent stuff i recommend you to don't check it, since has some parts with suic1de and that stuff), it's really amazing =D

And well, there's actually several adaptations of that stuff! I recommend you check it out since most of them released in 2000 - 2010, and even though i really love everything released in that time, i really have to say, the adaptations are basically amazing! (some are weird like Yosuga no Sora or School Days but well, you can find several good ones xd)

From what I have seen, Amagami SS has one arc for each of the girls. From these, Tanamachi Kaoru and her story & interaction with Jun'ichi is covered in the second arc. But I would sure like to see how they dealt with everything in the spin-off adaptation.  

It seems interesting, the recommendation i told you, uh, has one arc for each character that becomes insane. You'd have to watch to understand what i'm saying xd

But it's really nice when a visual novel is adapted to anime, it always get kinda confusing but at the same time so entertaining!

Oh, so you have watched the video clip? What else do you think about it? For me, it was a little bit of a surprise thy decided to give her a squishy voice. Maybe I was not expecting it, but it just make it more cute. 

Tbh, i really liked it, aside from the art style, Kaoru seems like a cute and kind character, i feel like if i watched the anime she would be my favorite xd

Also Jun'ichi looks like a kinda funny and confuse character, so i'm also interested on it too!

Amagami SS reminds me of some other animes i watched and loved, so it makes me way more interested into it!

Glad you can understand me. Without trying to be too pushy, what are your tastes? At least in terms of features in art. Because I really like some features when it comes to depiction in any form of art. 

Hmmmmm, i think something more common to see in the daily life, like someone chilling in their house or enjoying a beautiful night or sunset, this kind of art gives me hope.

But when it comes to characters, i like the ones with not amazing bodies and a cute black straight hair, sometimes a kinda short one, i always found it beautiful, since i like simple things at all =)

At least in the 1 piece kind of swimwear, since that one seems to have been featured in the anime. Again, not something special (since a lot of anime has the mandatory beach/hot springs episode at some point). Interesting though for me is the fact Kaoru has rather... average shapes compared to other anime where the artistic direction would have gone for "interesting" body types. 

Oh, i understand, i'm a K-On fan and always that i look for K-On fanart there's the characters in a 1 piece swimwear (there's also a beach episode, since is a Slice Of Life genre xd)

Average shapes are something i like in anime, since you can admire more the character design and beauty than just their bodies.

You can find lots of stuff like that about K-On too (i also recommend you to watch K-On, it's so wholesome and simple!), i think is something really common with Slice Of Life animes at all xd

R.gif.675558ef97c406a179f3e6f2ea771110.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

Tbh, i really liked it, aside from the art style, Kaoru seems like a cute and kind character, i feel like if i watched the anime she would be my favorite xd

Honestly, I am not very sure what to else to add right now. Most likely, I will keep posting nice stuff until anyone else joins in the talk, so that I would actually have anything to say. But yes, she is very pretty, and quite kind too if I understood her description well. I mean I already quoted her personality traits, at least the way they are described on the wiki page for this series:

• Personality: Kaoru is a tough and hardworking girl who is both lively and unpredictable. She also has a habit of teasing and hitting Junichi Tachibana at seemingly random moments. She is also the main target of Junichi's perversion and she is also seen with Masayoshi Umehara (Junichi's best friend). She works part-time as a waitress at a family restaurant and sometimes in other part-time jobs to help her mother maintain their ability as a two-person family to live independently. Consequently, she is totally against it when her mother dates another man.

As for (fan) art, here is more:

__tanamachi_kaoru_amagami_drawn_by_gofu_

Art by gofu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13587607)

unknown.png

Art by irodori-classical (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/95461762)

c8edc57f573c322d12b646a07aedbba8.jpg

Art by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/40698598)

__tanamachi_kaoru_and_tanaka_keiko_amaga

Another drawing by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/44068487)

Yet another drawing by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24778535)

unknown.png

Art by 薫風と共に去りぬ (source:  https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/100148810)

Also drawn by takemi kaoru (source: https://twitter.com/TAKEMIKAORU/status/1553757393179119616

8 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

But when it comes to characters, i like the ones with not amazing bodies and a cute black straight hair, sometimes a kinda short one, i always found it beautiful, since i like simple things at all =)

[...] Average shapes are something i like in anime, since you can admire more the character design and beauty than just their bodies.

I guess the two of us have simple, similar tastes. It is not for nothing that people have made a number of comments about ignoring the body itself and focusing on the hair in the case of Tanamachi. "uhh... her body is down there" / "Generic female anime body, see it every other image. That hair though... that fucking hair is beautiful." (speaking in regards to an artistic nude image of Tanamachi on Danbooru) There is just something very feminine, seductive even about the kind of haircut, and for going further down my weakness, the color itself of the hair.

Screenshot_20221118_124809.jpg

Yeah, I think I will watch the anime adaptation one day... I just need to learn how I watch anime

__nanasaki_ai_ayatsuji_tsukasa_morishima 

Art by takayama kisai (source: original source is dead, still stored on Danbooru https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2554176?q=tanamachi_kaoru)

__nanasaki_ai_morishima_haruka_ayatsuji_ 

Art by gouda hiroaki (source: "Image board" according to Danbooru)

Bonus: surprising cross-over with Touhou (because at some point, anything ends up combined with Touhou)

__konpaku_youmu_saigyouji_yuyuko_and_tan 

Art by tenemaru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/18050890)

• Like 1

spacer.png

Yeah, I think I will watch the anime adaptation one day... I just need to learn how I watch anime

I can help you with that xd

I'll tell you 3 ways i do, so you can also try

1 - Reserve a free day to watch anime (mostly the ones you can watch entirely in 1 day, like the short animes with 10-12 eps with 24 minutes each one)

2 - Watch 1 episode per day during the week and watch some more during weekends (mostly if you're someone busy, or if you study, skip some days to study instead of watch a episode)

3 - Watch a certain number of episodes of your choice per day during the week and watch more during weekends (basically the same as the previous one, but mostly if you're not someone busy and don't have to study a lot)

I use the option number 1 and 3, i only use the number 2 one when i have very important stuff from work or have important appointments, is good and is a healthy way to watch anime since you're not becoming a addict leaving your life for that, you're just using your free time to enjoy some content like everyone do with series and movies =D

Honestly, I am not very sure what to else to add right now. Most likely, I will keep posting nice stuff until anyone else joins in the talk, so that I would actually have anything to say.

Oh, you can talk more about Amagami itself, this way you can probably make more people interested in the Amagami series itself and not just Kaoru, i think this way more people will like it and have more stuff to talk about =)

I'll look more for Amagami stuff this weekend (i'm at vacations and started going to the gym so i'm kinda lost in the days right now xd), so i'll also try to talk more about it!

I guess the two of us have simple, similar tastes. It is not for nothing that people have made a number of comments about ignoring the body itself and focusing on the hair in the case of Tanamachi.

I was seeing the fanarts you posted and aside from the hair, something i really liked in Kaoru is her smile! It looks so cute and wholesome \o/

I'm sure that when i watch the anime i'll like her way more as a character than just her artistic style =D

Thanks for posting this thread btw, i got interested in something new now! =D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _.Mevs said:

Oh, you can talk more about Amagami itself, this way you can probably make more people interested in the Amagami series itself and not just Kaoru, i think this way more people will like it and have more stuff to talk about =)

Sure, I would definitely like to talk more about the series itself. However, I unfortunately don't know too much about it besides the short descriptions I read. I've been talking about Kaoru so much since she has been my entry point into the series, and pretty much the only thing I focused on. Maybe if I make one post containing a brief description and art/fanart for each of the girls in the series so that the public may become familiar with the rest of the cast? Otherwise, I guess this thread could have simply turned into "The Tanamachi Kaoru Thread". 

1 hour ago, _.Mevs said:

I can help you with that xd

I'll tell you 3 ways i do, so you can also try

1 - Reserve a free day to watch anime (mostly the ones you can watch entirely in 1 day, like the short animes with 10-12 eps with 24 minutes each one)

2 - Watch 1 episode per day during the week and watch some more during weekends (mostly if you're someone busy, or if you study, skip some days to study instead of watch a episode)

3 - Watch a certain number of episodes of your choice per day during the week and watch more during weekends (basically the same as the previous one, but mostly if you're not someone busy and don't have to study a lot)

I use the option number 1 and 3, i only use the number 2 one when i have very important stuff from work or have important appointments, is good and is a healthy way to watch anime since you're not becoming a addict leaving your life for that, you're just using your free time to enjoy some content like everyone do with series and movies =D

My problem is not really so much about finding time to watch Amagami (I can always find some time for something I like) as it is about finding a source that streams it online. I'm not used to watching anime online, so I don't know where to look for. But thank you quite a lot for the time managemt advice as well. My winter break begins in 3 weeks, and then I think I will have more time for anything I'd like to do. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Sure, I would definitely like to talk more about the series itself. However, I unfortunately don't know too much about it besides the short descriptions I read.

Well, you can try watching the anime and maybe playing the game if you want xd

Or reading the mangas too

Maybe if I make one post containing a brief description and art/fanart for each of the girls in the series so that the public may become familiar with the rest of the cast?

I'm sure that would be better since probably Kaoru isn't the style of everyone xd

If the people end up liking other characters, probably they'll join the thread to talk about them =D

My problem is not really so much about finding time to watch Amagami (I can always find some time for something I like) as it is about finding a source that streams it online. I'm not used to watching anime online, so I don't know where to look for. But thank you quite a lot for the time managemt advice as well. My winter break begins in 3 weeks, and then I think I will have more time for anything I'd like to do. 

Well, it depends

If you want a online anime site in your language, idk if it would be easy since i never searched for it

In Brazil we have several, like, i use Goyabu (one of the sites here)

But if you search for somewhere with english subtitles, i'm almost sure you'll find it, mostly on websites (since most anime apps doesn't work, but you can try looking for Amagami SS in Crunchyroll, there's a chance of it appears)

I found a site but idk if would be good to send the link here (since idk if it has some kind of malicious ads that can bring virus if you click them, i didn't see them so far as i used the site) but is called 9anime, i think is a safe site

You just need to search for "Watch Amagami SS online free on 9anime" and it will appear on google

It was the first site that appeared for me when i searched for "Watch Amagami SS" so, i think it's a safe site, since seems to be really used by other people

I think it will help you =)

FumoMarisa.png.746a508fab9d3a87280f1c90d5f4210e.png

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 6:21 PM, _.Mevs said:

I'm sure that would be better since probably Kaoru isn't the style of everyone xd. If the people end up liking other characters, probably they'll join the thread to talk about them =D

Alright then, character showcase shall be then. I just need to figure out who I am going to start with, as that would mean checking through hundreds of Danbooru pages just to pick the images I like most about those characters (I just want to post as much fanart I like about them to accompany the discussion). I will probably use the general/introductory information for each of the characters like the wiki information for Kaoru, followed then by fanart/official material related to the character described.

Character showcase: Ayatsuji Tsukasa

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Tsukasa Ayatsuji (絢辻 詞 Ayatsuji Tsukasa) is one of the main characters of the series. Her story is in the final arc (the 6th arc of the anime). She is the 2- A class representative, organizing activities and addressing directly to her teacher, Maya Takahashi.
  • Appearance: She has black hair with a "hime cut" [basically the Kaguya haircut for all of us used to Touhou - CvN's note] and black eyes. She wears their standard school uniform. Years later, her hair remains black but it is cut short.
  • Personality: Described as a hard worker, she is one of the best and most popular students of Kibitou High School. Her innocent behavior is just an act to cover up her true self which is very manipulative and cunning, to the extreme of blackmailing the main character in the PS2 game (Junichi in the anime). She has been described as a tsundere which are clearly shown in episodes 22 and 23 in the anime. Despite making Junichi her "slave", she started to have feelings for him, as to the point of telling him to make him hers and erasing her "black personality" for him, but Junichi tells her that he loves her just the way she is.
    - 17 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS Plus)
    - 26 (Epilogue of Amagami SS episode 24)

unknown.png

Note: only now I have noticed the fact that the wiki gives a lot of information about even stuff like the age, birthday, height or even the blood type for each of the characters. I am not every sure if everything is canonical (we all know the situation of the Touhou Fandom wiki), especially since I am not familiar with the source material, but they sure are interesting bits of random trivia. 

Some other trivia from the same article:

• Tsukasa is considered the Main Heroine of Amagami. All openings depict her as such. She was the girl on the box cover of the original visual novel and "EbiKore+ Amagami", as well as the manga cover of "Amagami: Sincerely Yours". Also, her story in the anime, if we count both seasons and skip the secret heroines, fits right in the middle upon the rest of the story arcs. As a little detail, the first opening plays at the end of her arc.
  • In her arc also there are scene featured that treated some scenes of the other leads as side story
  • Tsukasa's story in the manga is '"Amagami: Precious Diary".
  • In Tsukasa's epilogue, her hair became shorter, but her daughter took her previous hairstyle.
  • Tsukasa and Junichi Tachibana kissed several times more in the manga than in the anime.
  • At the end of Tsukasa's arc in the anime she came back to the founders festival 10 years later with her husband Junichi along with their unnamed daughter which bares similarities to Tsukasa herself in her younger years.
  • Tsukasa's anime first season ending is based on the end of best ending combined with remake good ending.
  • She's the only heroine who confessed to Junichi early in the arc (the rest confessed at the last episode while Rihoko confessed in season 2)
  • Her dark side was not explored much in other arcs except in Morishima's arc in season 2 where she got mad at Junichi for not saying his true intentions for taking the class rep speech
  • Ai Nanasaki might be aware of her dark personality but it is not explicitly stated.
  • As of the anime, her arc is the most popular during season 1
  • Being the last arc of season 1, it was her arc that began season 2
  • There is a typo in the original release of the game where Ayatsuji's name is written with the kanji 綾辻. The kanji 綾 has the same reading as the correct kanji: 絢. This typo is not present in the Ebikore+ release.

Time for some fanart:

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_yoo_

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93213931)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_zund

Illustration by zundakun0123 (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/95091892)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_take

Illustration by takenoko saba otto (source:  https://twitter.com/Dadianazan_17/status/1477089716894060546)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_gori

Illustration by gorirakarasu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84114871)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_mobu

Illustration by mobu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/77448351)

Source: official art for Amagami SS

__hakurei_reimu_and_ayatsuji_tsukasa_tou

(And now for the unexpected Touhou cross-over) Illustration by tatundajo2012 (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/55491547)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_negi

Illustration by neginego (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/50608369)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_hait

Illustration by haitaka (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15981428)

Illustration by ueyama michirou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24765785)

Source: official material

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_saka

Illustration by sakamoto mineji (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/16679397)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_and_1_more_dr

Illustration by tachikawa seiji (source: Image board)

Author of the illustration not mentioned by Danbooru. However, it came in the same pack with multiple Touhou-related illustrations as part of the same pool

(Touhou hijack lol)

__hijiri_byakuren_nazrin_houjuu_nue_tora

Illustration by hachigo (hachi-5) (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/10241015 - dead link)

__yakumo_yukari_saigyouji_yuyuko_kazami_

Illustration by infinity slope (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/26249586)

Somebody actually made a very good point about this image and the correlation done by the author with Amagami based on the design cross-over of each character:
Saigyouji Yuyuko - Sakurai Rihoko
Yakumo Yukari - Ayatsuji Tsukasa
Hijiri Byakuren - Nakata Sae
Yasaka Kanako - Tanamachi Kaoru
Yagokoro Eirin - Morishima Haruka
Kazami Yuuka - Nanasaki Ai

Apparently all of them (both in this image and the ones around) are Touhou characters drawn based on Amagami characters. They were done by tracing by the author, 12 years ago. The original mage they were traced from is the Amagami image posted just before the Touhou hijack

__yakumo_yukari_hong_meiling_saigyouji_y

Illustration by infinity slope

__izayoi_sakuya_yakumo_ran_moriya_suwako

Illustration by infinity slope (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/33691890)

__nanasaki_ai_morishima_haruka_and_ayats

Illustration by shimizu takako (source: Image board)

Art by  inomata masami (source: image board)

__kochiya_sanae_and_ayatsuji_tsukasa_tou

(more Touhou hijack lol) Illustration by hikikorosuzoware (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/8417414) This image actually works, given the backstory of Sanae and the fact she used to live in the outside world for a long time. Who know what she did during her time there...

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_taka

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: link is dead)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_saka

Illustration by sakamoto mineji (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/6540786)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_tanamachi_kaoru_sakur

@_.Mevs you may actually like this one. Cross-over between Amagami and K-on!
Illustration by keito (keito-ya) (source: original source is unfortunately dead)

Art by maro nie (source: another dead source)

Illustration by kanayanagi takashi (source: dead link - wow, it really looks like whatever art was not originally posted on Pixiv is now lost, as many websites have died since the post; at least they are still stored on Danbooru)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_amagami_drawn_by_taka

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: not mentioned)

End note:

Had I paid more attention as I was writing the part about Tanamachi Kaoru, I should have added the following bits of info:

• Kaoru is called by the nickname "Sex Hair".
  • In Episode 5, her ear bite on Junichi Tachibana's ear may be referenced to the series' title (Amagami means "nibble/gentle bite").
  • Kaoru is the only person who is not surprised when Tsukasa Ayatsuji shows her "dark side" to her classmates for the first time. In Amagami SS+ plus episode 13, they share an evil laugh. Kaoru defends Tsukasa Ayatsuji when she is being bullied by classmates.
  • In Amagami SS+ plus it is revealed that she is a talented artist.
  • She is close friends with Keiko Tanaka.
  • She is a big fan of limited edition snacks
  • It is revealed that her father is deceased prior to the events of the story
  • Kaoru's least favorite season is winter and her favorite is summer.
  • Kaoru's favorite word is "幸せ" meaning happiness.
  • One of Kaoru's dream professions is beautician.
    - 17 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS+ Plus)

Art bonus (spoiler because hotsprings - from the looks of it, seems to be rather official Amagami art - I am a little confused to be honest)

Spoiler

Illustration by tachikawa seiji (source: see explanation above)

My assumption, in lack of further information, is that tachikawa seiji has worked for the anime adaption of Amagami, and that he has also drawn some extra content besides the illustrations for the characters. Or maybe he is just a different artist, and for some reason his images are only available on image boards. Even though some other of his illustrations ended up used on the wiki though, so there has to be something ever so slightly official in it

• Up 1

spacer.png

So, i was gonna reply earlier but idk how to use the forum so well on my phone, so i ate my breakfast and came to my computer xd

Character showcase: Ayatsuji Tsukasa

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Tsukasa Ayatsuji (絢辻 詞 Ayatsuji Tsukasa) is one of the main characters of the series. Her story is in the final arc (the 6th arc of the anime). She is the 2- A class representative, organizing activities and addressing directly to her teacher, Maya Takahashi.
  • Appearance: She has black hair with a "hime cut" [basically the Kaguya haircut for all of us used to Touhou - CvN's note] and black eyes. She wears their standard school uniform. Years later, her hair remains black but it is cut short.
  • Personality: Described as a hard worker, she is one of the best and most popular students of Kibitou High School. Her innocent behavior is just an act to cover up her true self which is very manipulative and cunning, to the extreme of blackmailing the main character in the PS2 game (Junichi in the anime). She has been described as a tsundere which are clearly shown in episodes 22 and 23 in the anime. Despite making Junichi her "slave", she started to have feelings for him, as to the point of telling him to make him hers and erasing her "black personality" for him, but Junichi tells her that he loves her just the way she is.
    - 17 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS Plus)
    - 26 (Epilogue of Amagami SS episode 24)

unknown.png

Tbh, this one made me way more interested in Amagami!

I saw her in other pictures but didn't search a lot about her, even though Kaoru is certainly one of the cutest ones for me, i found this one so beautiful!

She seems like a character that i'd certainly like (even if with this description she doesn't seem so sweet as i thought she was xd), mostly because of her hair, i love straight black hairs! She reminds me of my favorite K-On character (Mio Akiyama)

index.jpeg

I saw a girl with a short hair there too, could you tell me her name? She seems like a cute and kind character, and i loved her hair!

you may actually like this one. Cross-over between Amagami and K-on!

I loved it! They're in my favorite K-On outfit, the "don't say lazy" one!

You know, there's some similarities that i'm noticing, maybe it was common in 2010 animes but is their uniform at some point xd

I couldn't find a lot pictures of the K-On! uniforms during the first half of season 1, so i took a picture of my Yui figure and the only one good image i found of their uniform during that part had a upload error, idk why =')

IMG_20221206_132742404_HDR2.jpg

It's really nice to see those similarities between anime released during and before 2010, i barely see those uniforms recently xd

Please post more fanarts, they're so cute and pretty!

You got me interested in Amagami, i'm sure more people will also get interested into it! =D

R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.png

Edited by _.Mevs
  • Like 1

Character showcase: Rihoko Sakurai

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Rihoko Sakurai (桜井 梨穂子 Sakurai Rihoko) is one of the female protagonist of the story, and her story is in the 5th arc. She is a childhood friend of Junichi Tachibana and Kaoru Tanamachi and a student of class 2-B.
  • Appearance: Rihoko has brown hair and brown eyes. She wears their school uniform, but she wears a vest rather than the black coat and her attire is similar to Kaoru Tanamachi.
  • Personality: Rihoko has a huge appetite who is also extremely clumsy, forgetting things with unusual ease. Her best friend is Kanae Itou, who is an extremely athletic girl. She is often seen in the library, reading dieting books and also a member of Kibitou Tea Club. She has an unrequited love for Junichi Tachibana ever since childhood.
    - 17 (End of Rihoko Sakurai Arc and Amagami SS+ plus)

unknown.png

• Rihoko's Arc is the only arc wherein Christmas takes place in its third chapter and the only arc to feature the events after Christmas on-screen.
  • Rihoko is the second of three Enterbrain heroines who are childhood friends with the protagonist followed by Haruka Niimi from Photokano, if one follows both Rihoko and Haruka Niimi's Respective arcs, the first one being Mao Mizusawa from Kimikiss.
  • The only main heroine who Junichi doesn't love on the first season and finally has her feelings accepted by Junichi on the second season. This was a cause of distaste for some fans due to her first season arc focused more on the tea club rather than her relationship with Junichi
  • In the game, Rihoko joins the idol group Genuine Idols (正真正銘アイドル) if the player does not progress her route by day 34.
  • She may be the only female lead which Miya Tachibana did not know or was not aware that his brother was dating until the end of the series.
  • In season 2 OVA she stated that she used to bath with Junichi until their early elementary days
  • She is considered to be the "Bakadere" out of all the female protagonist
  • It is stated in her arc that she was in love with Junichi since they were young but it is not confirmed if this is canon for the other arcs
  • She's the only female lead to have direct interaction with Junichi even if it's not her arc in season 1 (other girls becomes background character or barely notice Junichi if it's not their arc)
  • Her willingness to recruit Junichi to the tea club seems to extend beyond her arc as she did so during Morishima's arc in Amagami SS+
  • Only her good end in the game was adapted to anime
  • Her interaction with Junichi (outside her arc) always seem to revolve around her consciousness with body image. The only exception is Morishima's arc in Amagami SS+ where she wants to recruit him
  • Only her arc in season 1 deviates from the series formula (it did not conclude at Christmas and they did not end up together)
  • Rihoko hates summer and loves winter and snow.

And now for the art gallery:

unknown.png

From the anime adaptation

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_beater

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: https://mimicle.com/lp/amagamiasmr)

__sakurai_rihoko_and_itou_kanae_amagami_

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/40666739)

__tachibana_miya_and_sakurai_rihoko_amag

Illustration by irodori-classical (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75787630)
Extra feature: Tachibana Miya, the younger sister of Jun'ichi

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_keisuk

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/23176659)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_soraci

Illustration by soraciel (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79018783)

Illustration by danieri (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73756498)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_yamaoy

Illustration by yamaoya g (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/51610956)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_saitou

Illustration by saitou shouki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/36100695)

Illustration by santa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/44819874)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_gangan

Illustration by ganganganso (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/41827933)

__nanasaki_ai_ayatsuji_tsukasa_tachibana

Source: seemingly official material

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_sakaya

Illustration by sakayama shinta (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/38800218)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_yamaoy

Illustration by yamaoya g (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/45690504)

Illustration by tachikawa seiji (source: unmarked by Danbooru)

__nanasaki_ai_ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_sakur

__morishima_haruka_sakurai_rihoko_and_na

Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/30441220)

__sakurai_rihoko_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_

Illustration by yuzuki n dash (source: [Lv.X+] Soen Rihoko, released at Comiket 79)
Bonus feature: Tachibana Jun'ichi

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_keisuke_0320030103200301__d099db9b3c5132be06aef851c6f168df.jpg (800×1132)

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/29690060)

__morishima_haruka_sakurai_rihoko_and_na

Illustration by akito (akitotika) (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/26121510)

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: unmarked by Danbooru)

Source: nakahara (fukufuku) (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/25070126)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_neki_w

Illustration by neki (wakiko) (source: Pixiv - access restricted to the image)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_cho_bi

Illustration by cho bi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24665570)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_tachib

Illustration by tachibana roku (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24476165)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_shu_z_

Illustration by shu-z (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21716375)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_kishid

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21588306)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_unyon_

Illustration by unyon (source: http://haruka.saiin.net/~gyroscope/data/img/2011060501.jpg)
Extra feature: Jun'ichi again

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_peg__e

Illustration by peg (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/18254583)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_hida_t

Illustration by hide tatsuo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/19541257)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami__5de000cf93d210

__sakurai_rihoko_kamizaki_risa_miffy_and

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: dead link on Yahoo JP)
Cross-over with miffy 

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami__f56924d2dba907

Source: official material, turned into GIF 

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/14671874)

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/14225618)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_and_1_more_draw

Illustration by umetsu yukinori (source: image board)

__nanasaki_ai_tanamachi_kaoru_tachibana_

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/12926696)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_kaoru3

Illustration by kaoru348 (source: Pixiv - author limited access)

__nanasaki_ai_tanamachi_kaoru_tachibana_

Illustration by g-tetsu (source: unmarked source on Danbooru)

__nanasaki_ai_morishima_haruka_tanamachi

Illustration by gebo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/4581845)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_toship

Illustration by toshipiyo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/4440031)

Illustration by yagumo kengou (source: http://yagumon.blog25.fc2.com/)

__sakurai_rihoko_amagami_drawn_by_takaya

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: https://yande.re/post/show/169638)

End note: I managed to share more images than I expected about this character. Compared to everyone else until now, she is classified as  having large breasts, which in turn lead to finding more not-safe-for-work art of her. Indeed, the character is quite sexualized in fanart, yet I managed to find a lot of good stuff that I could share in here. Not even Tanamachi "Sex Hair" Kaoru got so much content of that kind, despite the fact it exists (it will exist no matter what, and I am perfectly ok with it). Not even the fact there were just 19 pages of fanart (when the characters from Amagami usually have 30 pages or more) could not stop me from finding good material. Anyway, the order in which character showcases will appear is the order in which characters are featured on Danbooru. Therefore, the following one will be Nakata Sae (normally, Tanamachi Kaoru would have been the following one, yet I already covered her in great detail as part of the opening of this thread). 

• Like 2

spacer.png

Character showcase: Sae Nakata

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Sae Nakata (中多 紗江, Nakata Sae) is the main female lead of the third Amagami SS arc. She is a student of class 1-B and a classmate of Miya Tachibana (who is also her close friend) and Ai Nanasaki who studied in an all-girls school when she was in middle school.
  • Appearance: Sae has shoulder-length brown hair that is tied up by two black ribbons with bangs swept to the left side, brownish-green eyes and a distinct characteristic is that her breasts have grown to a large size (as commented by Jessica), which occasionally draws Junichi Tachibana's attention whenever he sees her and usually the jealousy of Miya Tachibana, despite being a first year. She wears their formal school uniform.
  • Personality: Sae is a extremely shy girl because she has studied all her life in a all-girls school, but she got over her shyness when she meets Junichi Tachibana. She also blushes a lot when she talks or makes contact with the boys. After Junichi takes her to Kaoru Tanamachi workplace, she also wishes to become a waitress, something that Junichi helps her to do (with very hilarious results).
    - 16 (End of Rihoko Sakurai Arc and Amagami SS+ Plus)
    - 25 (End of Sae Nakata Arc) 

unknown.png

• Sae has a low soft voice.
  • Sae's arc is unique that it is the only arc to feature a narrator. There is also a running gag in her arc wherein characters (usually Junichi Tachibana) breaks the fourth wall by talking to the narrator. The narrator is even present in Amagami SS+ and her OVA episodes
  • Sae is the only married heroine to be pregnant for the second time in the arc which end with marriage.
  • She's fond of sewing as she sewn her clothes and Junichi's during the best couple contest and offered to sew costumes for the drama club during her arc in Amagami SS+. This may be linked to her name Sae which means "thread, silk" (紗)
  • Sae is the most often to be close with Miya Tachibana. Fact can be shown in her arc, Miya isn't chat often with Ai Nanasaki. But when Ai's arc, Miya is still often to play with Sae, which is due the fact that Ai is always busy with her swimming club activity.
  • Following her arc, she has the most personal character development out of all the leads
  • Sae's favorite season is spring.

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_takayama_k

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_mobu__a9bd

Illustration by mobu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/99409296)

__nanasaki_ai_tachibana_miya_nakata_sae_

Illustration by jishaku (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91181769)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_serizawa_s

Illustration by serizawa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87796144)

__nanasaki_ai_tachibana_miya_and_nakata_

Illustration by ichikei (source: https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7urd0NbnD1qao5jho1_1280.jpg)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_megane_chu

Illustration by megane chuu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21293105)

Illustration by gouda hiroaki (source: image board)

__nanasaki_ai_morishima_haruka_and_nakat

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: image board)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_3u__a03808

Illustration by 3u (source: Pixiv - author limited access)

__nakata_sae_amagami__9934e551d43e7b7a40

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_kishida_sh

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/22873785)

__nakata_sae_amagami__51fa453e9ac5bd7ff1

__nakata_sae_amagami__e96cc074da90c64308

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_gofu__d899

Illustration by gofu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/14157752)

Illustration by oishikaru (source: Pixiv - author limited access)

Illustration by sinzire (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13492220)

__nanasaki_ai_tachibana_miya_nakata_sae_

Illustration by akito (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13424222)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_sakura_aka

Illustration by sakura akami (source: Pixiv - author limited access)

Illustration by star (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13143836)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_suzume_inu

Illustration by suzume inui (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13072706)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_ryunnu__6a

Illustration by ryunnu (source: http://www.sage-sage.sakura.ne.jp/sakuhin80.htm)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_akito_akit

Illustration by akito (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13002719)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_kishida_sh

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/12862096)

__nakata_sae_megami_magazine_and_1_more_

Illustration by yanagi shinsuke (source: https://yande.re/post/show/152234)

Illustration by ishikura keiichi (source: image board)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/5445440) (author also draws Touhou, so bonus points for that; next to these chibi I found an awesome Akyuu illustration)

unknown.png

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/5408793 (same artist as above)

__nakata_sae_amagami_drawn_by_takayama_k

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: https://yande.re/post/show/169639)

__morishima_haruka_tanamachi_kaoru_and_n

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: not sourced by Danbooru)

End note:

If I thought Rihoko was quite heavily sexualized by fanart, and that just because she has larger boobs than the rest of the case, then Sae really takes the cake (she is also one of the characters with larger boobs than the average of the show - interesting how it is always the girls with brown hair in Amagami who go through that...). At least if you are going through the more recent pages of fanart in her section from Danbooru. It becomes more even halfway through it. Lewds are still there all the way tot he first images, but there are only just 12 pages of illustrations (so even less than yesterday). Anyway, according to the Danbooru order, the following character I will cover is Nanasaki Ai. Oh boy, there will be quite a bit of work to do...

• Like 2

spacer.png

Character showcase: Nanasaki Ai

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Ai Nanasaki (七咲 逢 Nanasaki Ai) is one of the main female protagonists of the story and the main protagonist of the 4th arc. She is a student of class 1-A and a classmate of Miya Tachibana and Sae Nakata who is also an aspiring member of the official Girls' Swimming Team. She is revealed to have become the President of the Swimming Team in the first episode of her arc on Amagami SS+.
  • Appearance: Ai has short black hair and purple dusky eyes. She wears the school's uniform and she is the only known girl to use a blue sweater instead of the regular beige one that most girls use. Being part of the swimming team, she is mostly seen wearing a swimsuit, which she sometimes wears under her uniform.
  • Personality: Ai tends to be cold and reserved, hanging most of the time with Miya Tachibana and Sae Nakata. However, when she meets Junichi Tachibana (Miya's older brother), Ai soon falls for him despite having a low opinion of him at the beginning. She possesses a cool and calm disposition which got her some fans in school, and also was noted by others that she acts mature for her age, though sometimes she acts the opposite.
    - 16 (Amagami SS+ plus)

unknown.png

• Ai has a younger brother called Ikuo Nanasaki.
  • Ai is a member of Kibitou Girl's Swimming Team, which is why she is wearing her swimsuit most of the time. Apparently, she admires Hibiki Tsukahara (her captain). Her tan lines are also present in scenes where she's naked [Count's note: wait, what?] or wearing only a towel.
Spoiler

unknown.png

Yeah, the tan is real

• Ai is the only girl to be cold on Junichi Tachibana on her first sight, except on the arcs of Rihoko Sakurai and Tsukasa Ayatsuji.
  • Ai has a habit of wearing a swimsuit under her school uniform.
  • In the anime, Ai's ending is mixed between her best ending and her bad ending. She and Junichi spend Christmas in a hot spring in the mountains, but in the last scene before credits she and Junichi are shown at the beach, talking while Junichi rests his head on Ai's lap. However, her best ending epilogue where she watch fireworks together with Junichi was used in SS+.
  • Ai shares some similarities with Mai Sakura from Amagami's spiritual successor: Both are athletic. Ai is a member who becomes later captain of the swimming team. Mai is a member of the Gymnastics team.
  • Ai is rarely seen with Miya Tachibana or Sae Nakata once she becomes Junichi's girlfriend.
  • In game, she's the only protagonist who will declare her love to Junichi Tachibana regardless of what ending the player gets
  • The "ramen" scene at the amusement park features a reference to Tsukasa Ayatsuji's route in the game when a young Ayatsuji runs in front of the frame.
  • She's the only female lead directly referred in the Seiren anime since her brother Ikuo Nanasaki is a secondary character in the series. She was not referred by name though. This is the same with Haruka Morishima but it falls mostly on her being referred as "students doing lewd things in the shed"

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_yoo_tench

Art by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/95181524)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_saitou_sh

Illustration by saitou shouki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/51741929)

unknown.png

Illustration by saitou shouki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/38237689)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_takayama_

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/102101140)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source (2 versions): https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/101844910)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/101691682)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://twitter.com/Tenchi_24/status/1574186110548611072)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/101031024)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_murasaki_

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/100283747)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/100044367)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (I start feeling the artist has drawn mostly art related to Nanasaki, given how much there is under their name) (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/99843072)

Illustration by, you guessed it, yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/99564455)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/99450780)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_mobu__dea

Illustration by mobu (source: https://twitter.com/qow_213/status/1438156635998851073)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/99118162)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/90725857)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/95491114)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/98510703)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/92021456)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/98240489)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_hanna_lan

Illustration by hanna lancaster (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/97012987)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/97926926)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_bkhayatej

Illustration by bkhayatej (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96523433)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_tenpanco_

Illustration by tenpanco (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96028130)

unknown.png

Illustration by tenpanco (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96041109)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96081684)

Illustration by yoo tench (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/94224214)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/94925456)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_narumi_na

Illustration by narumi nanami (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/39423090)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93582209)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/93316516)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/92987540)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/90211758)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91291811)

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91019336)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_irodori_c 

Illustration by irodori-classical (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75503376)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_sasaki_ak

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87923734)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_serizawa_

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_serizawa_

Illustrations by serizawa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86771407)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_mobu__6b4

Illustration by mobu (source: https://twitter.com/qow_213/status/1212387754371252229)

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/70321034)

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/67382791)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_3four__fa

Illustration by 3four (source: https://drawfriends.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=51095)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_takayama_

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71vtuNJKpxL.jpg)

Spoiler

Illustrations by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/47733689)

Illustration by ichikei (source: https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7urd0NbnD1qao5jho1_1280.jpg)

__nanasaki_ai_kamen_rider_and_1_more_dra

Illustration by saitou shouki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/45647259)

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/45237503)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_tsuhiki_k

Illustration by tsuhiki koyomi (source: Pixiv - author restricted access)

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/43137607)

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/40043032)

__nanasaki_ai_and_puu_amagami_drawn_by_m

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/36676817)

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24103036)

__nanasaki_ai_and_tsukahara_hibiki_amaga

Illustration by sasaki akira (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/28522434)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_nishikawa

Illustration by nishikawa ari (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/26596948)

__nanasaki_ai_megami_magazine_and_1_more

illustration by gouda hiroaki (source: https://yande.re/post/show/210936)

Illustration by inomata masami (source: image board)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_kishida_s

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24819330)

__nanasaki_ai_morishima_haruka_and_tsuka

Illustration by sugimoto isao (source: image board)

__nanasaki_ai_and_morishima_haruka_amaga

Illustration by yanago shinsuke (source: image board)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami__2ac22b009c14d96e4

__nanasaki_ai_and_puu_amagami__904006eeb

Illustration of an uncredited artist (source: https://konachan.com/post/show/85270)

__nanasaki_ai_megami_magazine_and_1_more

Illustration by umetsu yukinori (source: Megami MAGAZINE 2010-11 Vol. 126)

Illustration by inomata masami (source: unspecified volume of Megami MAGAZINE)

__nanasaki_ai_amagami_drawn_by_kujou_hyo

Illustraton by kujou hyotarouo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/7932217)

__nanasaki_ai_morishima_haruka_tanamachi

Illustration by gebo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/4581845)

End notes:

Wow, this was quite a long one. Also even more of a wow, I was not expecting to see just to authors (yoo tenchi and murasaki iro) for the bulk of the posts, In the vase of the latter, I think their entire gallery is dedicated to drawing of Nanasaki Ai. And one more notice. The more you got back in time on illustrations posted on Danbooru, the greater the chance to find a discussion in the comment section. These comment chains can be quite a mixed bag. This time however, it was scary to see implied endorsement of CP in one of the images. Without trying to look too weak, I do not know which one is more wrong - the fact there is NSFW of a character that is canonically 15, or the fact I have seen comments implying lust (like calling the image "delicious" and all the sort). Again, she is 15... Bonus for the "what can be worse" category, the one confused guy who thought the girl looks too physically developed for the age while everyone was trying to correct him - nothing wrong in the gesture, just that the execution was less than subtle in regards to some of he users' desires. Extract:

Spoiler

Arantheus (almost 13 years ago):
 She looks a bit too well-developped for a 15 years old girl ... 
(0 upvotes) (Reply)

DameNingen (almost 13 years ago):
I guess you havent had much 15 year old girls if you think so :D the kids these days are ripe pretty fast. delicious
(1 upvote) ( Reply)

hungkok2007 (almost 13 years ago):
@DameNingen: you got that absolutely right.
@Arantheus: If you even had any clue, you would know that adolescent girls mature physically at very uneven rates. There are fourteen-year-olds who are externally indistinguishable from young adults. (But notice I didn't say "internally," heh) Yet there are eighteens and nineteens who look like fifteens and sixteens.
(3 upvotes) (Reply)

Snesso (almost 13 years ago):
DameNingen said: I guess you havent had much 15 year old girls if you think so :D the kids these days are ripe pretty fast. delicious
Because having 15 year old girls is normal.
(0 upvotes) (Reply) 

hungkok2007 (almost 13 years ago):
"Having" could easily mean "giving birth to and raising", in which case a parent would be more than qualified. "Delicious" would be cause for worry, though. Why was my previous comment rated "below threshold"?
(0 upvotes) (Reply)

NuclearArbitor (almost 13 years ago):
Because CP is illegal and some one felt that you were endorsing it i guess
(-2 upvotes) (Reply)

user 327244 (about 12 years ago):
And in today's news children are getting hotter and that's pretty cool
(0 upvotes)  (Reply)

L of Shame (over 7 years ago):
hungkok2007 said: "Having" could easily mean "giving birth to and raising," in which case a parent would be more than qualified. "Delicious" would be cause for worry, though. Why was my previous comment rated "below threshold"?
It's ok. When he/she said "delicious", they were only endorsing cannibalism.
(0 upvotes) (Reply) 

This is the second case of the type when I ended up in a "Danbooru chat, what the fuck?", first time being after seeing their reactions on a Touhou image (again, obviously NSFW - those attract all the fun discussion), and a back-and-forth discussion on whether the image was basically mass r*pe or the girls willingly too part in a mass... let's call it interactive meeting. 

Spoiler

[The art which sparked the whole controversy will not be lined or shown for the sake of decency; the only detail given will be that the artist who caused the whole ruckus is knows as "kakutaku_gohan" on Danbooru - search on your own risk]

Orgolove (over 9 years ago):
Woah, Green hair obsession! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

(2 upvotes)  (Reply)

user 368087 (over 9 years ago):
[hidden]

(-9 upvotes) (Reply)

Skylander (over 9 years ago):
[hidden]

(-21 upvotes) (Reply)

Zaku Zelo (over 9 years ago):
orgolove said: Woah, Green hair obsession! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

There's plenty wrong with rape, anon. Especially mass rape like this.

(-6 upvotes) (Reply)

OOZ662 (over 9 years ago):
So many white knights blazing out of the woodwork these days. Blacklists, guys.

(4 upvotes) (Reply)

FJH (over 9 years ago):
I thought we had a Green Hair Alliance Pool amidst the hundred other Touhou pools.

(0 upvotes)  (Reply)

FJH said: I thought we had a Green Hair Alliance Pool admist the hundred other Touhou pools.
pool #3830; it was changed from "green hair" to "all the same hair."

(0 upvotes) (Reply)

WatcherCCG (over 9 years ago):
OOZ662 said: So many white knights blazing out of the woodwork these days. Blacklists, guys.

Which don't work with a basic account. Besides, some people don't think rape should be glorified like this. Ever. And anyways, wouldn't Komachi or just the gods in general slaughter these dudes for violating Eiki?

(-7 upvotes) (Reply)

WatcherCCG said: Which don't work with a basic account. Besides, some people don't think rape should be glorified like this. Ever.

I've never heard of that, and it isn't listed as such. A lot of people think sex with animals should be taboo, alongside loli and plenty of other things we still host. Danbooru is an image repository, not a place to spark ideology debates.

(4 upvotes) (Reply)

WatcherCCG (over 9 years ago):

OOZ662 said: I've never heard of that, and it isn't listed as such. A lot of people think sex with animals should be taboo, alongside loli and plenty of other things we still host. Danbooru is an image repository, not a place to spark ideology debates.

Fair point. I just know that MY blacklist settings seem to not work at all, and I'm on a basic account.

(0 upvotes) (Reply)

WatcherCCG said: Fair point. I just know that MY blacklist settings seem to not work at all, and I'm on a basic account.

Firstly, check that each tag you want to block is on its own line. If you have them all on the same line, only posts containing all of the tags at once will be blocked. For instance (minus the brackets),

[rape blonde_hair] would not block this post.
[rape
blonde_hair] would block this post.

This way you can do things like combine the spoilers tag with a specific copyright so that you can still see the "standard" art for a series while keeping spoilers away. If it still doesn't work, it may be a bug with Danbooru 2, and should be brought up in the forum if not the bug tracking site (which can also be found in the forum).

(2 upvotes) (Reply)

So it's white knighting now to say that rape is bad. How depressing.

(-4 upvotes) (Reply)

CGrascal (over 9 years ago):
Zaku_Zelo said: So it's white knighting now to say that rape is bad. How depressing.

No, it's white knighting when it's done in a condescending tone

(4 upvotes) (Reply)

S1eth (over 9 years ago):
How do you know it's not consensual?

(4) (Reply)

CGrascal said: No, it's white knighting when it's done in a condescending tone

That wasn't a condescending tone.

(-3 upvotes) (Reply)

ice73 (over 9 years ago):
S1eth said: How do you know it's not consensual?

I was wondering that myself. Mintycake tagged it rape, but all that's said on Pixiv is "orgy" (乱交).

(3 upvotes) (Reply)

Mintycake (over 9 years ago):
I kinda assumed rape mostly from looking at it, and seeing that a lot of the artist's material looks like forced situations, but if you think it doesn't fit, feel free to change it~

(0 upvotes) (Reply)

ice73 (over 9 years ago):
Nah, there are restraints anyway. No hair off the top of my head.

(-2 upvotes) (Reply)

Zaku_Zelo said: So it's white knighting now to say that rape is bad. How depressing.

A site-wide comment; been a rash of people complaining about blacklistable topics recently.

(2 upvotes) (Reply)

Angrybull (over 9 years ago):

WatcherCCG said: And anyways, wouldn't Komachi or just the gods in general slaughter these dudes for violating Eiki?

No, Mima will do the slaughtering because they forgot her, again. Ruukoto will try to clean up the mess, but those stains won't come out.

(1 upvote) (Reply)

...did I really tag this with faceless_mail? I think I need help...
EDIT: The dog_ears was for Kyouko, though. Isn't that what those are?

(0 upvotes) (Reply)

S1eth (over 9 years ago)
Until now, we've used dog_ears for when we have the meta knowledge (from canon or because the artist said so) that the character is a dog girl/boy. (That's also why we have dog ears/wolf ears/fox ears even though one cannot distinguish between them). Since Kyouko is a yamabiko youkai and not a dog, she's usually not tagged with dog_ears, but simply animal_ears.

(-1 upvote) (Reply)

Cheinsaa (about 9 years ago):
Time to blacklist this artist too since this and rest of his Pixiv is garbage... (And I CAN complain here because rape is in my BLACKLIST and this is clear fucking RAPE, so should be hidden) [Updated about 9 years ago]

(-5 upvotes) (Reply)

OOZ662 (about 9 years ago):

cheinsaa said: Time to blacklist this artist too since this and rest of his pixiv is garbage... (And I CAN complain here because rape is in my BLACKLIST and this is clear fucking RAPE, so should be hidden)

That's more of a tag war issue than a blacklisting problem at this point.

(1 upvote) (Reply)

Hoobajoob (almost 9 years ago):
[hidden]

(-10 upvotes) (Reply)

(what am I doing that I ended up editing a decade old comments warfare into a more digestible format at 5 AM... This in itself would deserve a separate talk)

I am sorry for the note in which this section of the presentation ended, it really was something that had to be addressed right from the very beginning. Especially when most of the cast in not canonically older than 16-17 at best (or like in the case of Nanasaki, by 15 years old). Yes, I have to write one day asking what is so magic about the age of 16 in Japan than all characters are in that age span. Next time anyway, we are dealing with the first heroine of Amagami SS, Morishima Haruka

• Like 1

spacer.png

Character showcase: Rihoko Sakurai

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Rihoko Sakurai (桜井 梨穂子 Sakurai Rihoko) is one of the female protagonist of the story, and her story is in the 5th arc. She is a childhood friend of Junichi Tachibana and Kaoru Tanamachi and a student of class 2-B.
  • Appearance: Rihoko has brown hair and brown eyes. She wears their school uniform, but she wears a vest rather than the black coat and her attire is similar to Kaoru Tanamachi.
  • Personality: Rihoko has a huge appetite who is also extremely clumsy, forgetting things with unusual ease. Her best friend is Kanae Itou, who is an extremely athletic girl. She is often seen in the library, reading dieting books and also a member of Kibitou Tea Club. She has an unrequited love for Junichi Tachibana ever since childhood.
    - 17 (End of Rihoko Sakurai Arc and Amagami SS+ plus)

She seems like one of the most lovely and cute characters in this series!

Mostly because of the huge appetite and her ease to forget stuff, it reminds me of some cute moe anime characters!

And since she likes Junichi since the childhood, i think the part where they become a couple will be so cute, i might start watching the anime after this Christmas [i'm doing some stuff and probably won't be free till then =') ], i'm sure will be a amazing experience!

Till now, i liked all the characters, all them are beautiful and have interesting and unique personalities!

I feel like Amagami will be one of my favorite series, i just can't wait to watch it =D

End note: I managed to share more images than I expected about this character. Compared to everyone else until now, she is classified as  having large breasts, which in turn lead to finding more not-safe-for-work art of her. Indeed, the character is quite sexualized in fanart

I feel so innocent of not noticing it till you talk about it xd

Tbh, she seems like a normal girl character for me, but well, people manage to make sexual stuff even about a fridge (i'm not kidding, i already saw this), so, yeah, isn't so surprising at all =')

Btw, good job in your search for good arts, all them are amazing! =D

Edited by _.Mevs
  • Like 1

Character showcase: Sae Nakata

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Sae Nakata (中多 紗江, Nakata Sae) is the main female lead of the third Amagami SS arc. She is a student of class 1-B and a classmate of Miya Tachibana (who is also her close friend) and Ai Nanasaki who studied in an all-girls school when she was in middle school.
  • Appearance: Sae has shoulder-length brown hair that is tied up by two black ribbons with bangs swept to the left side, brownish-green eyes and a distinct characteristic is that her breasts have grown to a large size (as commented by Jessica), which occasionally draws Junichi Tachibana's attention whenever he sees her and usually the jealousy of Miya Tachibana, despite being a first year. She wears their formal school uniform.
  • Personality: Sae is a extremely shy girl because she has studied all her life in a all-girls school, but she got over her shyness when she meets Junichi Tachibana. She also blushes a lot when she talks or makes contact with the boys. After Junichi takes her to Kaoru Tanamachi workplace, she also wishes to become a waitress, something that Junichi helps her to do (with very hilarious results).
    - 16 (End of Rihoko Sakurai Arc and Amagami SS+ Plus)
    - 25 (End of Sae Nakata Arc) 

She actually has a interesting story, like being from a all-girls school

Sounds nice because, it looks like we'll see her journey to:

- Become a waitress

- Get over shyness

- Fall in love with Junichi

She sounds like one of the most interesting girls for me, also because i imagine, the fact that she's shy probably brings lots of cute and funny moments =D

Also her hair, i have something with wavy pigtails, i find it so cute!

She certainly would be one of my favorite characters!

End note:

If I thought Rihoko was quite heavily sexualized by fanart, and that just because she has larger boobs than the rest of the case, then Sae really takes the cake (she is also one of the characters with larger boobs than the average of the show - interesting how it is always the girls with brown hair in Amagami who go through that...). At least if you are going through the more recent pages of fanart in her section from Danbooru. It becomes more even halfway through it. Lewds are still there all the way tot he first images, but there are only just 12 pages of illustrations (so even less than yesterday). Anyway, according to the Danbooru order, the following character I will cover is Nanasaki Ai. Oh boy, there will be quite a bit of work to do.

It's funny that i noticed that she had larger breasts before i noticed it in Rihoko xd

I noticed it in the second fanart you showed, i think would be pretty hard to notice at all xd

But, aside from that, i have to say, what a cute character!

She's one of the most interesting ones for me =D

FumoMarisa.png.746a508fab9d3a87280f1c90d5f4210e.png

• Like 1

Character showcase: Nanasaki Ai

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Ai Nanasaki (七咲 逢 Nanasaki Ai) is one of the main female protagonists of the story and the main protagonist of the 4th arc. She is a student of class 1-A and a classmate of Miya Tachibana and Sae Nakata who is also an aspiring member of the official Girls' Swimming Team. She is revealed to have become the President of the Swimming Team in the first episode of her arc on Amagami SS+.
  • Appearance: Ai has short black hair and purple dusky eyes. She wears the school's uniform and she is the only known girl to use a blue sweater instead of the regular beige one that most girls use. Being part of the swimming team, she is mostly seen wearing a swimsuit, which she sometimes wears under her uniform.
  • Personality: Ai tends to be cold and reserved, hanging most of the time with Miya Tachibana and Sae Nakata. However, when she meets Junichi Tachibana (Miya's older brother), Ai soon falls for him despite having a low opinion of him at the beginning. She possesses a cool and calm disposition which got her some fans in school, and also was noted by others that she acts mature for her age, though sometimes she acts the opposite.
    - 16 (Amagami SS+ plus)

So, now the character i was more interested in xd

I absolutely love straight hairs, but short hairs are absolutely perfect, and when is straight + short... I absolutely love it!

She is so cute and i already thought she was a cold character, she has this energy xd

Honestly, she's not only cute, she's so beautiful! I feel like, when i watch the Amagami anime, she'll be my favorite xd

End notes:

Wow, this was quite a long one. Also even more of a wow, I was not expecting to see just to authors (yoo tenchi and murasaki iro) for the bulk of the posts, In the vase of the latter, I think their entire gallery is dedicated to drawing of Nanasaki Ai. And one more notice. The more you got back in time on illustrations posted on Danbooru, the greater the chance to find a discussion in the comment section. These comment chains can be quite a mixed bag. This time however, it was scary to see implied endorsement of CP in one of the images. Without trying to look too weak, I do not know which one is more wrong - the fact there is NSFW of a character that is canonically 15, or the fact I have seen comments implying lust (like calling the image "delicious" and all the sort). Again, she is 15... Bonus for the "what can be worse" category, the one confused guy who thought the girl looks too physically developed for the age while everyone was trying to correct him - nothing wrong in the gesture, just that the execution was less than subtle in regards to some of he users' desires. Extract:

Jeez, it actually scares me

Ped0s are the thing i hate the most in the world, and it also goes to lolicons (yes, lolicons are ped0s and nothing will change my view about this), it's disgusting how people can't just see a beautiful character and think "is beautiful character" or see some arts, some thing are so unnecessarily sexualized but well, what we can say... Japan.

I absolutely hate when i look for something about Touhou, K-On or any other stuff that has cute characters and find nsfw stuff, like, they're basically children, the fact that in the lore it has 24000 or 18 years old doesn't change the fact that the character has a childish appearence, and when the character is also underage in the lore itself, it manages to be way worse...

It's just horrible, i liked the character but now i'm with a bit of fear of looking for wallpapers and other arts and basically see something NSFW related, it destroys characters sometimes

I am sorry for the note in which this section of the presentation ended, it really was something that had to be addressed right from the very beginning. Especially when most of the cast in not canonically older than 16-17 at best (or like in the case of Nanasaki, by 15 years old). Yes, I have to write one day asking what is so magic about the age of 16 in Japan than all characters are in that age span. Next time anyway, we are dealing with the first heroine of Amagami SS, Morishima Haruka

Don't worry! The important is that you talked about it, surely who is interested into the thread will see it!

And about that magic of 16yo in Japan, i don't think is only there since lots of american series also do it, i think it's because the 16yo is a age where you're getting prepared to the adult life and getting away from the teenager life, since you'll have lots of discoveries like the wish to be loved and independent, and also is the age where you're in the mid of the high school, so you have lots of stuff that happens in that time (for me, my 16yo were one of the best ones of my life, i had lots of nice experiences!), so, probably is because of it, you experience lots of personal conflicts and also new stuff happening in your life during that age

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

She seems like one of the most lovely and cute characters in this series! Mostly because of the huge appetite and her ease to forget stuff, it reminds me of some cute moe anime characters! And since she likes Junichi since the childhood, i think the part where they become a couple will be so cute, i might start watching the anime after this Christmas [i'm doing some stuff and probably won't be free till then =') ], i'm sure will be a amazing experience! Till now, i liked all the characters, all them are beautiful and have interesting and unique personalities! I feel like Amagami will be one of my favorite series, i just can't wait to watch it =D

I guess you will really enjoy this series. Each of the girls gets their own story arc to shine in, and in which to present their interaction (and affection) towards Jun'ichi. I am still debating whether to add some of the supporting characters too, or focus on the main ones. Especially characters that seem to be connected to our main cast in different ways like friends, colleagues and so on. One story is quite whole, that of Keiko Tanaka; she is a close friend of Kaoru, and is usually helped by her and Jun'ichi in trying to deal with a crush Keiko has for another colleague. But more on that once I finish with te main cast. 

Tbh, she seems like a normal girl character for me, but well, people manage to make sexual stuff even about a fridge (i'm not kidding, i already saw this), so, yeah, isn't so surprising at all =')

Yeah, i really know what you are talking about. Except I did not learn about it through a fridge, but through a door knob turned into waifu... It's Japan, don't ask :YoumuStare:

Jeez, it actually scares me

Ped0s are the thing i hate the most in the world, and it also goes to lolicons (yes, lolicons are ped0s and nothing will change my view about this), it's disgusting how people can't just see a beautiful character and think "is beautiful character" or see some arts, some thing are so unnecessarily sexualized but well, what we can say... Japan. I absolutely hate when i look for something about Touhou, K-On or any other stuff that has cute characters and find nsfw stuff, like, they're basically children, the fact that in the lore it has 24000 or 18 years old doesn't change the fact that the character has a childish appearance, and when the character is also underage in the lore itself, it manages to be way worse... It's just horrible, i liked the character but now i'm with a bit of fear of looking for wallpapers and other arts and basically see something NSFW related, it destroys characters sometimes

I guess this just happens. Just way too often. And with artist being completely desensitized when doing it - "I hate CP, but 50 dollars is 50 dollars" kind of situation. Coming back on the 14-16 years of age part.  My problem is that I basically cannot really like the characters, or take a crush on them (since most of the Amagami cast is not older than 17 at most in the anime adaptation), as it would basically be pedophilia on my side (I hate being legally an adult, as I can no longer make the "jokes on you, I cannot be a pedo if I am also underage" comment). Which makes all the lewds of a legally underage fictional character feel weird and uncomfortable.

Especially those that involve sex - does it get better or worse if both characters involved are underage? None of the two character can be called a pedo as they are the same age compared to the classic situation of the faceless adult/"ugly bastard", but remains even more wrong on the side of 1) the person who drew the art itself and 2) th person who commissioned said art, if that art piece was a commission? Given that most of the sexual content in this series is usually one girl from the cast (sometimes make it two of them) + Jun'ichi, we are talking about a group where none of them is older than 16-17. 

Anyway, with all this now solved, time to get into the next relevant topic:

Character showcase: Morishima Haruka

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Haruka Morishima (森島はるか Morishima Haruka) is the first heroine featured in the Amagami SS anime. She is a third year student in class 3-A and is popular throughout the school.
  • Appearance: Haruka has black hair that has a black-white headband inside and blue eyes. She has straight hair with bangs, they are curly near the end. She wears their black school uniform.
  • Personality: She has a teasing and playful nature. She is a very picky person, bit eccentric and quite insecure when it comes to things she likes the most. She also likes cute stuff, especially puppies. Her best friend is Hibiki Tsukahara, the captain of their school's girls' swimming team and the one who tends to berate her.
    - 18 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS Plus)
    - 27 (Amagami SS episode 4 / Haruka Morishima Arc epilogue)

latest.png

• Haruka's middle name is "Lovely".
  • Haruka is a quarter-British from her mother's side.
  • Haruka shares similarities with Mao Mizusawa, one of the 7 heroines from Kimikiss, the spiritual Predecessor of Amagami SS. Both Mao and Haruka are the oldest heroines of their respective series, and are the only senior students in their groups.
  • Haruka is the second of three female love interests to be older than the protagonist followed by Aki Muroto if one is to follow both her and Aki's respective arcs.
  • Haruka is the only senior or oldest heroine not to have a three-letter name within her full name, though she does share her first name with Haruka Niimi who is also one of the seven heroines of Photokano.
  • Haruka loves to be spoiled by Junichi Tachibana in many ways, from letting Junichi lick the back of her knee, to playing a kidnapped princess by pretending she was tied up and letting Junichi feed her while he acts as a bad guy.
  • Haruka is always sleeping at the clinic and is often seen by Junichi there. She also has an encounter with Kaoru there, and they chat happily.
  • Haruka is the only female that Miya Tachibana disliked at the first sight, but it is never revealed how Miya will attract to her eventually.
  • Haruka is the only main heroine who Junichi love on the first sight and Sae Nakata almost become the next, but not due Junichi only likes her shyness and bust size.
  • She's the only female lead that is older than Junichi
  • Haruka's ending in the anime is directly taken from her best end in the visual novel.
  • In the game, if Junichi does not progress Haruka's route, when Romeo (a first year) confesses to her, they will begin to start to spend time together in the same way Junichi does when the player spends time with her.
  • Her knee kiss with Junichi has been referenced multiple times in Seiren anime. It was the reason the discipline committee was formed. This also makes her one of the heroines indirectly referred in the Seiren anime (although this was more indirect compare to Ai Nanasaki who was referred by her brother multiple times).
  • She is the only character that is married but doesn't have any kids after the time skip.

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_taka

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_seri

Illustration by serizawa (source: https://twitter.com/serizawaroom/status/1572602442608672774)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_mobu

Illustration by mobu (source: https://twitter.com/qow213/status/1565689234886799361)

__morishima_haruka_and_tsukahara_hibiki_

Illustration by jishaku (source: https://twitter.com/ddyh4kdzd7ckihy/status/1562444164654309376)
(Bonus feature: Tsukahara Hibiki)

Illustration by mobu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/100064304)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_mats

Illustration by matsukan (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/95596104)

Illustration by mobu (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88174470)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_denp

Illustration by denpa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/80721293)

__morishima_haruka_and_ayatsuji_tsukasa_

Illustration by neginegio (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/59735563)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_nama

Illustration by namako mikan (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/54103928)

Illustration by takayama kisai (source: https://yande.re/post/show/109118)

__morishima_haruka_and_morishima_jessica

Illustration from Nyantype Magazine (source: image board)

__morishima_haruka_and_tachibana_miya_am

Illustration by akito (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/12536035)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_tsuk

Illustration by tsukino jougi (source is not mentioned by Danbooru)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_kaze

Illustration by kazeno (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/25280586)

__morishima_haruka_amagami__3a342141a33b

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_take

Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21916100)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_okom

Illustration by okome tsubu (source: Pixiv - artist limited access)

__morishima_haruka_tachibana_miya_and_ta

Illustration by haitaka (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21359499)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_kish

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21083921)

__morishima_haruka_amagami__a088cfd6096b

__morishima_haruka_amagami__e31647f1d95f

Source: official material (for some reason extracted from here https://konachan.com/post/show/85270)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_and_1_more_dr

Illustration by takahashi hidenobu (source: image board)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_kish

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13334997)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_and_1_more_dr

Illustration by motomura kouichi (source: https://yande.re/post/show/147029)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_tosh

Illustration by toshinobu40 (source: Pixiv - artist restricted access)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_waka

Illustration by wakatsuki sana (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/11774105)

illustration by takayama kisai (source: not mentioned on Danbooru)

__morishima_haruka_amagami_drawn_by_nekomaru__008cb9182c85502dd7812433fad87d43.jpg

Illustration by nekomaru (source: http://nekoryu.blog65.fc2.com/)

End note:

while working on this one, Danbooru decided to not work anymore and refused to load images as I was half-way though the gallery. It does this sometimes, but it is not due to bad internet connection because anything else with internet works well... Might be just another error of the platform. 

People sure have had a lot of fun with her design... in more than one way. Given she is 18 in the series, all I can say is that it's "open season" for all kinds of art as this gets out of the problematic zone raised by the other, underaged characters. Therefore, a lot of art featuring Haruka in her underwear, swimwear or even less (she is also probably the Amagami character with most fanart depictions of intercourse from what I have seen up to this point, most of them with Jun'ichi or implied to be Jun'ichi in the image; her friend Tsukahara Hibiki tends to be involved in this often, be it girls' love or "fun for three"). Yeah, official material sure did play a role in the whole thing, given some of her depictions in the anime...

Spoiler

latest.png

latest.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

I guess you will really enjoy this series. Each of the girls gets their own story arc to shine in, and in which to present their interaction (and affection) towards Jun'ichi. I am still debating whether to add some of the supporting characters too, or focus on the main ones. Especially characters that seem to be connected to our main cast in different ways like friends, colleagues and so on. One story is quite whole, that of Keiko Tanaka; she is a close friend of Kaoru, and is usually helped by her and Jun'ichi in trying to deal with a crush Keiko has for another colleague. But more on that once I finish with te main cast.

I'm sure i will! It reminds me of Higurashi but without nobody, uh, killing someone or themselves (i made a thread about it so i won't talk a lot), i really like those animes that each arc is one reality for something or someone specific!

Btw, i think you should add the supporting characters too, those characters always have interesting stuff about them that people could get interested in! (it also includes me, i'd personally like to see it xd)

Keiko sounds like a interesting character tbh, i got interested on her just by it's description, so i imagine how would be to see more about her =D

Yeah, i really know what you are talking about. Except I did not learn about it through a fridge, but through a door knob turned into waifu... It's Japan, don't ask

Is it bad that i got interested to see what would it be? xd

I guess this just happens. Just way too often. And with artist being completely desensitized when doing it - "I hate CP, but 50 dollars is 50 dollars" kind of situation. Coming back on the 14-16 years of age part.  My problem is that I basically cannot really like the characters, or take a crush on them (since most of the Amagami cast is not older than 17 at most in the anime adaptation), as it would basically be pedophilia on my side (I hate being legally an adult, as I can no longer make the "jokes on you, I cannot be a pedo if I am also underage" comment). Which makes all the lewds of a legally underage fictional character feel weird and uncomfortable.

Well, it reminds me of that time we talked about NSFW in Touhou (i think was in the thread about hate in modern Japan culture), it actually happens with everything and well, it ends up making the community of something look gross when isn't true...

In the end, anyone with money can make commissions (and obviously the person wouldn't make a commission about a normal hent4i, this person will want more since there's money into it, so that people won't just ask for something they can easily find on google)

About the ages part, i don't think that there's a problem in liking them as characters (i like Goku and it doesn't mean i'm gay), the problem comes when you think or has a desire of sexual or romantic stuff with them... When it happens, things are definitely weird

In my case, any NSFW of characters that are underage or look like underages are completely weird and gross tbh, is amazing that people think that turning something into 2D completely remove the gross desire they has

Especially those that involve sex - does it get better or worse if both characters involved are underage? None of the two character can be called a pedo as they are the same age compared to the classic situation of the faceless adult/"ugly bastard", but remains even more wrong on the side of 1) the person who drew the art itself and 2) th person who commissioned said art, if that art piece was a commission? Given that most of the sexual content in this series is usually one girl from the cast (sometimes make it two of them) + Jun'ichi, we are talking about a group where none of them is older than 16-17. 

Well, this question of if is better or worse when both are underage, there's 3 stuff you have to think

1 - What's worse, one kid or two kids?

2 - People with that age shouldn't be having that kind of relation, they aren't even independent enough to live alone and sustain all by theirselves, if they can't take care of 1 life they shouldn't be doing something that could make them take care of 3 lives

And

3 - You're seeing two underages doing something they shouldn't, but well, it certainly is way more sick if is a grown man taking away the innocence of someone, because while 2 underages doing that would be probably a moment when they're both h0rny or in that phases of puberty, when is a grown man, is literally someone destroying the innocence and maybe life of a innocent child/teen just because of it's gross desires

• Like 2

Character showcase: Morishima Haruka

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Haruka Morishima (森島はるか Morishima Haruka) is the first heroine featured in the Amagami SS anime. She is a third year student in class 3-A and is popular throughout the school.
  • Appearance: Haruka has black hair that has a black-white headband inside and blue eyes. She has straight hair with bangs, they are curly near the end. She wears their black school uniform.
  • Personality: She has a teasing and playful nature. She is a very picky person, bit eccentric and quite insecure when it comes to things she likes the most. She also likes cute stuff, especially puppies. Her best friend is Hibiki Tsukahara, the captain of their school's girls' swimming team and the one who tends to berate her.
    - 18 (Episode 20/Rihoko Sakurai arc Part 4 and Amagami SS Plus)
    - 27 (Amagami SS episode 4 / Haruka Morishima Arc epilogue)

Idk why but some characters carries a energy of their personality in their appearances xd

She has a nice hair tbh, i think she's a funny and charismatic character =D

And btw, her hair is something that i can't avoid to notice, she has a really beautiful hair!

Mostly the end of the hair, it is different to most characters (not as beautiful and unique as Kaoru, but certainly is a beautiful and unique hair xd)

I think i'll like her when i watch it =)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

Idk why but some characters carries a energy of their personality in their appearances xd
She has a nice hair tbh, i think she's a funny and charismatic character =D
And btw, her hair is something that i can't avoid to notice, she has a really beautiful hair!
Mostly the end of the hair, it is different to most characters (not as beautiful and unique as Kaoru, but certainly is a beautiful and unique hair xd)

I think i'll like her when i watch it =)

Yeah, Haruka has quite an interesting haircut, especially with that sidelocks. Interesting, she also might be the character that gives the strongest impression she is the adult of the group. Which is quite appropriate, given she is 18 and I think the oldest (when the rest of the cast is anywhere between 15 and 17). 

Anyway, last time I forgot to mention who the next character will be, so without further ado, I will get directly to it:

Character showcase: Kamizaki Risa

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Risa Kamizaki (上崎 裡沙, Kamizaki Risa) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and a minor character of Amagami SS+ plus. She is a secret heroine in the game and anime. She has a crush on Junichi, and she is secretly stalking him. She is also a student of class 2-B and a classmate of Rihoko Sakurai.
  • Appearance: She has long brown hair and black eyes. Her hairstyle is almost the same as Tsukasa Ayatsuji. She wears the formal school uniform but she wears a vest instead of a black coat.
  • Personality: She is a shy girl and has been in love with Junichi ever since grade school. She has been secretly stalking him and is very overprotective of him, leading her to break other girls' hearts for what she thinks will save Tachibana from another heartbreak. She may be an example of a Yandere.

latest.png

• Her voice actress also voices Keiko Tanaka, a friend of Kaoru and a classmate of Junichi.
  • She was actually shown in the opening themes before the start of her arc.
  • She is also shown in each girl's arc in the OVA. She always shows up for at least once in each girl's arc, and is always seen in the background as a passerby.
  • In the Bad End of the game she has a yandere personality.

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_hibikid

Illustration by hibikida1113 (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86089617)

__tachibana_miya_and_kamizaki_risa_amaga

Illustration by kakki28469387 (source: https://twitter.com/KAKKI28469387/status/1275077550075609089)

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_serizaw

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_serizaw

Illustrations by serizawa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82511252)

__kamizaki_risa_and_kamizaki_makoto_amag

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/61449102)

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_shouji_

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/57107612)

__kamizaki_risa_and_kamizaki_makoto_amag

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/60525816)

More illustrations by shouji nigou (source - all part of a bigger collection: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/47412872)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/45693423)

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_murakam

Illustration by muramaki murako (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/9346244)

__kamizaki_risa_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_a

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/41658157)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/9067032)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/32319723)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_kamizaki_risa_ama

Illustration by santa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/26524211)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/19502795)

__kamizaki_risa_real_life_and_2_more_dra

Illustration by haitaka (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/18019131)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/16427317)

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_purea__

Illustration by purea (source: Pixiv - image no longer available to the public)

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/14877416)

__tachibana_miya_tsukahara_hibiki_kamiza

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/11219959)

__kamizaki_risa_amagami_drawn_by_nishiur

Illustration by nishiuri warito (Pixiv - image no longer available to the public)

End note:

Reading through the wiki and any other source that explains her, it seems like Riza is a character that did not appear in the original game (the source material), but was later added into the anime adaptation as a new member to the cast. With this character, we are now done with the main cast as ordered by Danbooru. From next time on, we are getting into the supporting cast of the series. And the one I really want to begin with is Keiko Tanaka. I have talked about her a little bit recently thanks to the connection with Kaoru, so why not start from there. "It's like poetry. It rhymes" (George Lucas, probably). 

As for the art itself, this edition only proves each of the Amagami characters has at least one very dedicated artist who draws them quite a lot. If there is to notice some sort of a pattern:

• Tanamachi Kaoru - is drawn a lot by takemi kaoru (huh, quite fitting)
  • Ayatsuji Tsukasa - has been depicted very often by... well, there is not really a specific artist for her - MYTH BUSTED
  • Rihoko Sakurai - is often illustrated by... quite a lot of people, some more prominent names on my list being takayama kisai (even though they have drawn pretty much everyone in the series) and kishida-shiki
  • Sae Nakata - is featured quite a bit in the art of, again, takayama kisai and kishida-shiki
  • Nanasaki Ai - is probably one of the best examples of what I mean, as she is heavily featured in most of the at created by yoo tenchi and murasaki iro
  • Morishima Haruka - has most illustrations in her section of this thread coming from mobu, but if I were to also count her NSFW depictions from the past few years, I could have also probably counted in the artist rudoni
  • Kamizaki Riza - has ben depicted quite a few times by shouji nigou

Actually, I forgot about Jun'ichi himself. So next time I will either have a double feature, or keep him for the end. In all honesty, I would rather go for the latter option, as a way to close the explanations part of this thread with the very protagonist all this adventure in Amagami started from. Because had it not been for Jun'ichi to be "unceremoniously rejected two Christmas Eves ago" (thank you, wiki section of Danbooru), we most likely would not have ended up meeting all this colorful cast around him. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

• CountVonNumenor changed the title to The Amagami thread - an introduction to the cast

So, first of all, i was gonna reply to it yesterday but i had a kinda tiring day, so i went to sleep and i'll reply today! (i usually check the forum when i wake up xd)

Yeah, Haruka has quite an interesting haircut, especially with that sidelocks. Interesting, she also might be the character that gives the strongest impression she is the adult of the group. Which is quite appropriate, given she is 18 and I think the oldest (when the rest of the cast is anywhere between 15 and 17).

Oh, you're right! It's interesting to know she's the oldest, i thought there was only teens in the group xd

Character showcase: Kamizaki Risa

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Risa Kamizaki (上崎 裡沙, Kamizaki Risa) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and a minor character of Amagami SS+ plus. She is a secret heroine in the game and anime. She has a crush on Junichi, and she is secretly stalking him. She is also a student of class 2-B and a classmate of Rihoko Sakurai.
  • Appearance: She has long brown hair and black eyes. Her hairstyle is almost the same as Tsukasa Ayatsuji. She wears the formal school uniform but she wears a vest instead of a black coat.
  • Personality: She is a shy girl and has been in love with Junichi ever since grade school. She has been secretly stalking him and is very overprotective of him, leading her to break other girls' hearts for what she thinks will save Tachibana from another heartbreak. She may be an example of a Yandere.

She's so cute! But first of all, idk why i did read her name as "Kamikaze Risa" (it kinda scared me because of what a kamikaze is but when i noticed i confused things i started laughing xd)

Since she's a secret heroine in the game, i wonder if there's a arc for her, mostly knowing she stalks him, i think that probably a arc between them would be funny to watch, i imagine a scene where she's caught stalking him xd

Somethink K-On showed me is that for some reason, the brown haired girls are between a explosion of cuteness or funny, so, seeing that this one is a yandere is pretty surprising for me, but at the same time, it makes me way more interested into her, i think she has some cute aspects like being shy but idk how it is portrayed in the anime (since a shy yandere can be a scary character that don't talk to anyone and looks like that hates someone, but at the same time it can look like a character that's just kinda clumsy with others and blush easily, i'll have to watch the anime to find out)

Is cute that she wanna protect Junichi, but thinking of the yandere part, i wonder if is it really that cute as i'm thinking xd

But tbh, her haircut is beautiful and she's a cute character, it's the last character i'd imagine as a yandere, that's what makes me so interested into her

Reading through the wiki and any other source that explains her, it seems like Riza is a character that did not appear in the original game (the source material), but was later added into the anime adaptation as a new member to the cast. With this character, we are now done with the main cast as ordered by Danbooru. From next time on, we are getting into the supporting cast of the series. And the one I really want to begin with is Keiko Tanaka. I have talked about her a little bit recently thanks to the connection with Kaoru, so why not start from there. "It's like poetry. It rhymes" (George Lucas, probably)

Oh, so she wasn't a original character in the game? Maybe she was a idea that they had to give something else to the anime aside from the main loves Junichi will live, it makes she look like a character that completes well the anime, i think it will be nice to see her!

Since now we're gonna see the supporting characters, i'm way more curious since probably there will be lots of interesting characters!

Actually, I forgot about Jun'ichi himself. So next time I will either have a double feature, or keep him for the end. In all honesty, I would rather go for the latter option, as a way to close the explanations part of this thread with the very protagonist all this adventure in Amagami started from. Because had it not been for Jun'ichi to be "unceremoniously rejected two Christmas Eves ago" (thank you, wiki section of Danbooru), we most likely would not have ended up meeting all this colorful cast around him. 

It will be nice to see Jun'ichi in the end, since it will be like "that's the guy that will go through everything you saw till now", it's like a good way to show a bit of how the stuff will happen connecting his personality with the personalities of the characters you showed so far!

• Like 1

Oh, you're right! It's interesting to know she's the oldest, i thought there was only teens in the group xd

I mean the age difference is little from the rest of the cast (1-2 years). There's just this feeling from her design (or maybe it is just due to fanart?) that she looks more developed than anyone else. 

It will be nice to see Jun'ichi in the end, since it will be like "that's the guy that will go through everything you saw till now", it's like a good way to show a bit of how the stuff will happen connecting his personality with the personalities of the characters you showed so far!

Then it is set. This series' male protagonist will be the one who will close the explanation section of this thread (in case the thread will continue past this lore segment). 

Character showcase: Keiko Tanaka

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Keiko Tanaka (田中 恵子 Tanaka Keiko) is a minor character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. [Keep in mind: Amagami SS and SS+ (plus) are two different series, SS+ being a continuation series of the former]
  • Appearance: Keiko has shoulder-length dark brown hair that has bangs hanging over her eyebrows and brown eyes.
  • Personality: Keiko is the quiet and shy type who is always smiling. She is Kaoru Tanamachi's friend who has a crush on a boy in her class that she confesses to him while Junichi Tachibana and Kaoru later give her advice on various things. On one rare occasion during Kaoru Tanamachi's arc in the game, when Keiko is dumped again and Junichi encourages her, she's touched by his kindness and asks him to be her boyfriend, but only for Kaoru to punch him in the face and declares that there's no other girl for him but Kaoru herself.

latest.png

• Keiko and Risa Kamizaki share the same seiyuu.
  • In the anime series, Tanaka is voiced by Mai Kadowaki

Illustration by sansho ss (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82172953)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_wasabi_m

Illustration by wasabi master (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/98597916)
I would also like to insert here the commentary of the author of this image: "In the end, Tanaka-san is the cutest. I watched Amagami SS the other day. She's a little pitiable, but Tanaka-san has a gentle, charming disposition. This illustration is from a scene in the opening."

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_mobu__d0

Illustration by mobu (source: Pixiv - image with limited access)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_mobu__00

Illustration by mobu (source: Pixiv - image no longer available for public view)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_nakahara

Illustration by nakahara (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/27831889)

(Repost from one of the first replies, but I love how wholesome it is) Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/44068487)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_toki_tok

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/28100686)

(Probably another repost, but I don't care) Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24778535)

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21384006)

Illustration by santa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/22234853)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_ytis__82

Illustration by ytis (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/14130104)

Illustration by ytis (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/19636115)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_ytis__3b

Illustration by ytis (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/13257465)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_shouji_n

Illustration by shouji nigou (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/11557899)

__tanaka_keiko_amagami_drawn_by_tamago_y

Illustration by Tamago (source: http://yotsumi423.blog55.fc2.com/)

End thoughts:

We have entered the territory of supporting characters. From now on, it is possible that information will become much more scarce to find for each, as the wiki did not write a lot on the topic (I guess this is what happens when you have to rely on a wiki run on Fandom, like when ou have to compare the Touhou wiki with the Touhou Fandom wiki). Also, there is significantly less fanart to pick from (about 54 images in total). You may have noticed Tanaka appears a lot in art together with Kaoru. But I guess that is bound to happen, given the two are connected in the series and Tanaka herself can't really be associated with anyone else. 

In the image of her getting pushed from behind to send the letter, the hand pushing her is probably that of Kaoru, given the beige sweater and relation between the two. The scene is also apparently from the opening of the anime, so I guess I will get to see it once I actually decide to give the show a try. 

Next time, we are covering Tachibana Miya, the younger sister of Jun'ichi. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

I mean the age difference is little from the rest of the cast (1-2 years). There's just this feeling from her design (or maybe it is just due to fanart?) that she looks more developed than anyone else. 

Oh, for me she looks like the other girls in the cast xd

Then it is set. This series' male protagonist will be the one who will close the explanation section of this thread (in case the thread will continue past this lore segment). 

Nice, he'll be the cherry in the top xd

Character showcase: Keiko Tanaka

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Keiko Tanaka (田中 恵子 Tanaka Keiko) is a minor character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. [Keep in mind: Amagami SS and SS+ (plus) are two different series, SS+ being a continuation series of the former]
  • Appearance: Keiko has shoulder-length dark brown hair that has bangs hanging over her eyebrows and brown eyes.
  • Personality: Keiko is the quiet and shy type who is always smiling. She is Kaoru Tanamachi's friend who has a crush on a boy in her class that she confesses to him while Junichi Tachibana and Kaoru later give her advice on various things. On one rare occasion during Kaoru Tanamachi's arc in the game, when Keiko is dumped again and Junichi encourages her, she's touched by his kindness and asks him to be her boyfriend, but only for Kaoru to punch him in the face and declares that there's no other girl for him but Kaoru herself.

She looks like a kinda clumsy character and is so cute, specially her bangs! (is amazing how the hairs in this series are always a detail that calls my attention, mostly since i first knew it because of when you talked about Kaoru's hair xd)

She's quiet and shy, so i think the moments where she appears must be cute! Mostly knowing that she suddenly asks Junichi to be her boyfriend xd

I think she's a nice character to see! And i hope she did conquer the boy she likes, would be nice to see more romances happening aside from the main ones!

And i wonder why Kaoru punched Junichi if it was Keiko that asked him, that's something xd

We have entered the territory of supporting characters. From now on, it is possible that information will become much more scarce to find for each, as the wiki did not write a lot on the topic (I guess this is what happens when you have to rely on a wiki run on Fandom, like when ou have to compare the Touhou wiki with the Touhou Fandom wiki). Also, there is significantly less fanart to pick from (about 54 images in total). You may have noticed Tanaka appears a lot in art together with Kaoru. But I guess that is bound to happen, given the two are connected in the series and Tanaka herself can't really be associated with anyone else. 

In the image of her getting pushed from behind to send the letter, the hand pushing her is probably that of Kaoru, given the beige sweater and relation between the two. The scene is also apparently from the opening of the anime, so I guess I will get to see it once I actually decide to give the show a try. 

Well, even if there won't have a lot of information compared to the main cast, i'll still love reading about the supporting characters! Since i'll start Amagami anime after the Christmas, i think it will be a good start to know the characters!

About the fanart part, i think that only the best ones you find will be good, since they're already a good start to look more for other arts! (like, i got interested in Keiko because as i could see, there's a lot of cute arts of her!)

21 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

And i wonder why Kaoru punched Junichi if it was Keiko that asked him, that's something xd

Without having watched the show yet, I can only imagine the thing having gone one way. Since it was during Kaoru's arc, it means it was her time to shine as the girlfriend of Jun'ichi (basically her timeline/route in the game). Why she punched him? Probably just to avoid him having any possible idea, like a "don't you even dare, Junichi" sort of thing. 

Character showcase: Tachibana Miya

• General information (curtesy to the Amagami wiki): Miya Tachibana (橘 美也 Tachibana Miya) is a secondary character of Amagami SS. She is a student of class 1-B and the younger sister of Junichi Tachibana.
  • Appearance: Miya has black hair and black eyes. She has slight resemblance to her brother. In school, she wears their standard school uniform. Her Kibito High School Uniform consists of a black jacket, black sailor collar, white collared shirt, black neck ribbon, black pleated skirt, and black knee-highs.
  • Personality: She is a playful girl, and tends to call her brother "Nii-Nii" which sometimes annoys Junichi secretly. She tends to be jealous when her brother is with another girls, with the exceptions of Sae, Ai and Rihoko, who are her close friends. She was always seen walking home with Sae and Ai. She also has a habit of teasing Sae when it comes to Sae's breast. Her favorite food are meat buns. She is shown to care a lot about her brother as seen in episode 26 where it is implied that she is concerned as to why her brother does not have a girlfriend
    - 16 (Amagami SS+ plus)

latest.png

Some trivia from the same article:

• Miya's arc is the OVA of the series.
  • Miya is the only support characters to have her arc in both anime seasons.
  • In the game and the OVA, Miya bites Junichi Tachibana's neck, telling him "its a playful bite [jp: amagami] - an expression of love!". This is the only reference to the title in both the source material and the anime.
  • Out from all the 6 main heroines, Miya only dislike Haruka Morishima at first.
  • Her extra ending in the game: "Miya/Imouto End" happens if you raise certain flags with her and if you fail to get with any girls. On Christmas, she finds a kitten. Junichi goes with her to find her mommy cat. He saves the mom cat from being run over. Miya and Junichi see the kitten and mom cat playfully bite each other (amagami!). Tachibana explains "amagami" is a form of affection. Miya bites Junichi to show how much she loves her 'nii-nii'.

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_fagi_k

Illustration by fagi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/100406263)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_takaya

Illustration by Takayama Kisai (source: Amagami SS+ DVD Cover)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_takemi

Illustration by takemi kaoru (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/19820241)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_irodor

Illustration by irodori-classical (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/94988723)

__tachibana_miya_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_

Illustration by masuo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82912477)

__nanasaki_ai_tachibana_miya_sakurai_rih

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/43559829)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_keisuk

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/73755389)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_danier

Illustration by danieri (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75353602)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_gouda_

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_gouda_

Illustration by gouda hiroaki (source: unspecified on Danbooru)

__tachibana_miya_amagami__e3bdb33eb73aa8

Source: image board (very possible to be official material)

__tachibana_miya_and_tachibana_jun_ichi_

Illustration by Takayama Kisai (source: image board)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_yinzha

__tachibana_miya_amagami_and_1_more_draw

Illustrations by yinzai (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/25271483)

__ayatsuji_tsukasa_and_tachibana_miya_am

Illustration by santa (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/28122536)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_keisuk

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/27332298)

__morishima_haruka_and_tachibana_miya_am

Illustration by akito (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/12536035)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_kishid

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: artist's website - no longer working)

__tachibana_miya_amagami_drawn_by_murasa

Illustration by murasaki iro (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21046179)

Illustration by Takayama Kisai (source: dead link)

__tachibana_miya_sakurai_rihoko_and_tach

Illustration by ishikura keiichi (source: image board)

Illustration by Takayama Kisai (source: unspecified - most likely official material)

Illustration by gebo (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15640497)

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15623438)

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/2997265)

End thoughts:

Today we have gone through a character in a very close relationship to the protagonist. There is probably more art of Miya than for a lot of the girls in the series, so that means she does not escape the lewd depictions. To make it even worse, let's just say she is also depicted in incest, so I am not even sure what to be concerned of - the fact she is 15-16, or the very fact her brother is involved in this. For the sake of decency, it seems like it does not happen very often though, or at least Danbooru preferred to only present less than 5 such images in the 20 pages long board. Next time, we are going from very young to very old (compared to pretty much everyone else in the series), and re going to cover Takahashi Maya

• Like 2

spacer.png

Character introduction: Maya Takahashi

• General information (curtesy to Amagami wiki): Maya Takahashi (高橋 麻耶 Takahashi Maya) is a secondary character of Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ plus. She is a homeroom teacher of class 2-A in Kibito High School, who later becomes the homeroom teacher of class 3-B. She is "a quite glamourous teacher in charge".
  • Appearance: She has brown hair and brown eyes.
  • Personality: Maya is a homeroom teacher in the protagonist's class. Because of yoga and jogging, she maintains her healthy beauty, which makes her popular along male students. Maya is a person of firm characters, but sometimes she makes mistakes. Maya is still single, and has no lover. She waits for wonderful love for 5 years. She is graduate of the same school she teaches at, and the first school's Miss Santa. Frankly, she feels inclined to be fighting drunk. Depending on game progress, protagonist can attack her, which will lead only to a bad ending.

latest.png

Some trivia from the same article:

• Maya likes yoga, jogging, interacting with students and drinking.
  • Maya dislikes jokes of middle-aged man colleagues and gambling.
  • Maya gets to school by car.
  • Kibitou High's Miss Santa Contest used to be a normal Santa Contest until her prank appearance in the event about 10 years ago. Since her win, the participants ratio swung heavily toward girls and then it became what we see in the show.

Bonus profile created on Danbooru:

• Class: 2-A Homeroom teacher
  • 所属: 日本史担当
  • Birthday: October 24
  • Zodiac: Scorpio
  • Blood Type: O
  • Dislikes: 同僚のオッサンギャグ, gambling
  • CV: Hayamizu Risa (早水リサ)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_rabiya

Illustration by rabiyamarabi (source: https://twitter.com/rabiyamarabi/status/1584465072490876929)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_mamiya

Illustration by mamiya myanmar (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/51010948)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_mobu__4312700143836c2b17ea48385c1ae7e8.jpg

Illustration by mobu (source: https://twitter.com/qow213/status/1585287801758969856)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_yoo_te

Illustration by yoo tenchi (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/102182881)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_mg_ren

Illustration by mg renders (source: https://a.mg-renders.net/2014/09/amagami-ss-takahashi-maya-render-ecchi_28.html)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_kishid

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/29107678)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_toki_t

Illustration by toki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/24078163)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_keisuk

Illustration by keisuke (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/21381647)

__takahashi_maya_amagami__3fe396a5e2f4fd

Image with uncredited author on Danbooru 

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_shibas

Illustration by shibasaki shouji (source: Pixiv - image no longer available)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_kishid

Illustration by kishida-shiki (source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/16264570)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_ryunnu

Illustration by ryunnu (source: uncredited on Danbooru)

__takahashi_maya_amagami_drawn_by_tamago

Illustration by tamago (source: http://yotsumi423.blog55.fc2.com/)

End thoughts:

First time I am dealing with a teacher since Keine. This sure will be interesting... Alright, making the gallery research for this one sure has been one hell of a trip. There are just 5 pages of photos and a total of 99 images, yet this might be the character with the highest percentage of NSFW per number of images. I guess it really makes sense to find so much content of sorts, given we are 100% sure she is an adult (Maya is 29 in the series). For the first 2-3 pages of Danbooru results, I was weary there will be nothing I could post in here. Even the first images are stretching quite a lit the border of what I could get away with. Also a note, images in each of these introductions are presented in chronological order, from the latest to the oldest Danbooru uploads under the tag of the character. 

Anyway, next time we are dealing with Umehara Masayoshi, another one of the friends of Junichi.

• Like 2

spacer.png