Using physics and logic, if I jump from a helicopter some seconds before it fall in the ground, I'll be alive with some injures or I'd die? (Without counting the helicopter explosion impact)

_.Mevs

Wow this question is quiet… unusual xD

Anyway, it depends on which distance you’re from the ground but if it’s really far you might die from a heart attack before even touching the ground. I know it’s weird but most of the people who died from falling of high distance actually died like this.

Or else if with some luck you’ll be alive you’ll get serious injuries that will makes you stay in a hospital for at least a couple of months

(I hope you’ll have a parachute on you if it really happens 😅)

• Like 1

The problem with this is, if we assume that you jump at the perfect height to not hurt yourself on your way down, and we ignore the helicopter hitting the ground, you still need to jump with enough strenght to counteract the helicopter's speed

let's say the helicopter is going down at  125 mph (~= 200km/h , close to human terminal velocity because i'm lazy), you would then need to be able to jump with enough strenght to completely couteract that speed,
which means you need to jump at a similar speed.

According to random sources, a height of 15 meters with a starting speed of 0  is a 50/50 chance of dying
surviving probably means being crippled permenantly/ for a long time
15 meters means you hit the ground at around 60 km/h (~=37mph)

Can you imagine doing a jump where you instantly go 140km/h (~=87mph) upwards?
Hopefully you won't need to be worrying about such things when you fall, and will have a parachute if that happens.

• Up 2

let's say the helicopter is going down at  125 mph (~= 200km/h , close to human terminal velocity because i'm lazy), you would then need to be able to jump with enough strenght to completely couteract that speed,
which means you need to jump at a similar speed.

According to random sources, a height of 15 meters with a starting speed of 0  is a 50/50 chance of dying
surviving probably means being crippled permenantly/ for a long time
15 meters means you hit the ground at around 60 km/h (~=37mph)

Can you imagine doing a jump where you instantly go 140km/h (~=87mph) upwards?

Okay, it got me thinking xd

That's amazing actually, i feel like if someday i become a math/physics teacher, i'll put a question using this in an exam xd

R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.png

Edited by _.Mevs