What did you guys had to breakfast today?

_.Mevs

A good 'ol peanut butter sandwich. Peanut butter is the best spread.

Though if I'm in a hurry I go toast two breads and use salted butter instead. For some reason I eat faster when I eat the toasts separately and use dairy salted butter for my spread. I'm usually slow eating bread but salted butter makes an exception it seems.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I had to skip breakfast today? Yesterday however, I did have yoghurt with museli. And I guess a slice of break with chocolate. Since I moved for college to a students dormitory where I don't have access to cooking devices, my breakfast has become very light, mostly something I can improvise in a few minutes without having to cook it. Same goes for dinner, unless I have leftovers from lunch (my de facto main meal of the day - thank God with the cantina) or buy something cooked to specially eat for dinner (rather rare sight). 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

5 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Unfortunately, I had to skip breakfast today? Yesterday however, I did have yoghurt with museli. And I guess a slice of break with chocolate. Since I moved for college to a students dormitory where I don't have access to cooking devices, my breakfast has become very light, mostly something I can improvise in a few minutes without having to cook it. Same goes for dinner, unless I have leftovers from lunch (my de facto main meal of the day - thank God with the cantina) or buy something cooked to specially eat for dinner (rather rare sight). 

You... you don't have anything to cook with in your student accommodation?

I couldn't imagine not being able to cook my own meals.

Oh uh also, I usually just have toast at the moment, since it's quick and I've got places to be. But regardless of what I have, I will always drink tea. *British Intensifies*

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, buskerdog said:

You... you don't have anything to cook with in your student accommodation?

I couldn't imagine not being able to cook my own meals

Yeah, unfortunately that's the situation of my students accommodation. If you are to compare it with any images I've received from fiends and former colleagues who now study abroad, conditions here in Romania are an absolute joke. The room (mind you, a 5x5m room I think) has 2 wardrobes, 3 beds, a desk, 2 chairs and a shelf. And that's it. We don't even have a fridge, and some other people here had decided to bring their own fridges. It's supposed to host 3 students, even though they used to shove 4 people in the past with a slightly different configuration. I'm glad we at least finally got heating, provided starting with last Friday. 

But yeah, I don't have any cooking facilities in the room itself, nor do we have dedicated kitchen areas where we could cook. People either bring their own small cooking devices from home, or go to the cantina (mind you, opened Monday to Friday from 11:30 to 17:00) or eat somewhere else. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Stare 1

spacer.png

Spicy noodles. It's sort of a thing now lol.

I actually only have two choices for brekky: spicy noodles and bread.  I tend to dial up each meal with each day but most of the time, I just slap the spicy noodles badge on my menu for the whole week. Bread's okay but with me being a bit overweight, might have to scale the fat and flour back.

• Like 3

Though if I'm in a hurry I go toast two breads and use salted butter instead. For some reason I eat faster when I eat the toasts separately and use dairy salted butter for my spread. I'm usually slow eating bread but salted butter makes an exception it seems

That's nice tbh xd

I love butter toasts, they're the best, but i eat them quickly so it will still be hot xd

R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.png

Edited by _.Mevs
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

Since I moved for college to a students dormitory where I don't have access to cooking devices, my breakfast has become very light, mostly something I can improvise in a few minutes without having to cook it. Same goes for dinner, unless I have leftovers from lunch

I'm surprised tbh, they don't serve dinner?!

Here in Brazil, idk how would be to live in a college, so i can't tell if it's the same of different, i go to the college with a car from my house

I wouldn't say that's very healthy but i think you're doing your best to have a good meal, so, do what you can and please take care of yourself!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:06 AM, PriestOfPain said:

As unhealthy as it is, I usually skip breakfast. I might eat a piece of fruit or toast if I have the time, but I'll typically have a larger lunch to compensate. 

I read somewhere in a health journal that breakfast is actually optional; it's totally fine to skip it if your body can handle it fine. Even if you eat more food in lunch if you don't eat breakfast, it's not enough to actually add yourself more weight.

The reason why so many studies observe people being healthy when they eat breakfast and unhealthy when they skip it is more because of their lifestyle, not necessarily due to breakfast itself. This is just another case of "correlation != causation". ;)

• Like 1
  • Up 1