I'm making videos covering Touhou fangames

Tenkko

Hey long time no see been a while since I've been active around these parts. Don't know if that's gonna change anytime soon, might be here for the next remix tournament whenever that happens.

But anyways, last week I finally set out to start making videos about Touhou fangames I've played. Still figuring out and experimenting with the style, but I got two of them up as of now: Yoiyami Dancers and Udongein X, so please check them out if that's something you're interested in!

• Like 4
  • Up 1

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif

10 hours ago, Tenkko said:

might be here for the next remix tournament whenever that happens.

oh yeah, I'm meant to be hosting that :KoishiXD:

Also, heck yeah I really like your style of videos! We've all seen the conversations here about needing better Touhou Youtube content, it makes me happy to see someone actually took the plunge and gave it a shot. It's also quite strange to hear someone's voice for the first time when you already knew them but didn't know what they sound like! But you seem to be a great speaker, so well done! And nice to you see you around here after a while!

I am now subscribed to your content :AyaSmug:

• Like 2

I'm always excited to see people covering fangames. AspreyFM comes to mind first, and his videos were really helpful when exploring which fangames were worth buying and checking out. It was thanks to him I found my favorite non-shmup fangame thus far: Kubinashi Recollection. I've already tried YoiYami Dancers and really liked it, despite being very not good at all at rhythm games. Now you've got me interested in checking out Udongein X. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you've got in store. You've earned another subscriber.

If I might offer a little early-stage criticism, though, I'd recommend slowing down your reading a bit for future videos. Your accent can be pretty thick in places, and reading quickly led to a handful of moments where I needed to rewind a few seconds to catch what you were saying. It wasn't any kind of deal-breaker, but it's just not a fun viewer experience. Once you've got your personal style figured out and "find your voice" so to speak, I think it'll sort itself out reasonably soon.

• Like 2

Shanghai Doll knows what you've done.  162257545___alice_margatroid_and_shanghai_doll_touhou_drawn_by_nekoguruma__abeeeaa945645f8ecfdbbe81a2857a13(5).jpg.6da63ce849c93f73625172cb4a291f2a.jpg  I hope you're proud of yourself.

12 minutes ago, SoundOfRayne said:

Now you've got me interested in checking out Udongein X.

Trust me, for 5 bucks it's worth the money for the polish and gameplay. Also tip if you want to get the costumes. Master the deathbombs for the shining needle castle.

And one thing that you probably don't know about tenkko is that if you put in 20040815 in the sound test. You unlock her touhou 9 outfit.

And you also earned another subscriber, I can even help with some games if you need a number 2. I like helping 

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice words everyone, I really appreciate it! :KoishiXD:

54 minutes ago, SoundOfRayne said:

If I might offer a little early-stage criticism, though, I'd recommend slowing down your reading a bit for future videos.

Oh yeah absolutely, I felt that while editing the Udongein X vid in particular but I had a bunch of it done at that pace already and didn't wanna suddenly change it. Even while recording I was struggling a lot so slowing down is definitely a thing to do. But yeah it's like you said, still figuring out what I'm going for and hey, language gets better with time right.

50 minutes ago, Darksymphony777 said:

And one thing that you probably don't know about tenkko is that if you put in 20040815 in the sound test. You unlock her touhou 9 outfit.

You're not gonna believe me but yes I... I forgor 👌

54 minutes ago, Darksymphony777 said:

I can even help with some games if you need a number 2. I like helping 

Oh, thanks for the offer! I think I can handle it for now I mean, it hasn't even been a week since I started this. But I'll definitely keep you in mind if anything comes up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New video up! This time on Touhou Luna Nights, that metroidvania that surprisingly got very popular. Or maybe it's not that surprising?

I had a couple setbacks with this one, aside from the fact that it's a tad longer than my previous ones.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I don't see a lot of people talking about it, so my recommendation is Touhou Fantasia!

It's free on steam and the soundtrack, graphics, everything is so beautiful! 

Just a edit: Is a bullet hell game so, if you don't want to play it (since is too similar to original touhou games), is okay! =D

capsule_616x353.jpg.9bce0d7f2d9c352ec296f9142d59162a.jpg

Edited by _.Mevs
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

6 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

So, I don't see a lot of people talking about it, so my recommendation is Touhou Fantasia!

Oh I have no qualms about covering a bullet hell game, in fact I wanted to make a video on the ido fangames at some point (check them out if you can, they're pretty solid)

Working on a bit of a big project right now (I'll make a separate thread for that when it's done), but I might make a quick vid to look at this. Thanks for the suggestion! :KoishiXD:

7 hours ago, _.Mevs said:

It's free on steam and the soundtrack, graphics, everything is so beautiful! 

Just a edit: Is a bullet hell game so, if you don't want to play it (since is too similar to original touhou games), is okay! =D

capsule_616x353.jpg.9bce0d7f2d9c352ec296f9142d59162a.jpg

Aah, I played that one! It's pretty fun, shame that it's just an extra stage :(

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

congrats fam, you are now one of the 22 people I'm subbed to
wish I had seen this thread earlier since I have forgotten what it feels like to follow a touhou channel that actually has solid content and can make funny videosimage.thumb.png.a3988fe5deeef626fa0e042d64612aa2.png

when we're alone and the world is gone...

...I turn to you, you're my number one...