Fusu-posting season is back, boys

CountVonNumenor

"Ah shit, here we go again" ~ Carl "CJ" Johnson, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004)

Looks like I just can't help it but explore more the topic of Touhou fans being weird. We are back to the Fusu-posting era, guys.

For anyone unfamiliar with the events I am going to cover today, I will try explaining what happened in the build-up to these days. About a year ago (already a year), a user called "The_Entire_Circus" has started uploading translated art of a creator called Fusu. Fusu's art usually revolves around the idea of a PoV drawing in which one of the Touhou girls is confessing how much she likes you, and would like to go somewhere with you. The posts and dialogue were very fanservice-y and cheesy, but the art in itself was not bad. Therefore, Circus got usually between 1000 and 1500 upvotes per such post. In time, people have started to complain about the repetitive nature of the posts, as the whole trend lasted for at least 2 months on a daily basis. Initially, the complains were not very vocal, being like 1-2 comments per post. Some of the complains were about the cheesiness of the posts, others about how repetitive they are, and some were directly referring to the fact Fusu has an entire second half of his works that is very NSFW (basically, a part 2 of the confession drawing that ends up with things getting...physical). However, at the end of November 2021, something changed. What seemed like local outrage started to turn into an actual revolution. People were going against the Circus and complaining everywhere, demanding for an end of these posts. Everybody reacted differently: some became violent in the posts, others made memes mocking the Fusu trend, while others made counter-art in parody of the actual Fusu works like this and this. Soon afterwards, the whole Fusu-posting disappeared, but it took at least a week for the people to finally calm down as both sides of the conflict started clogging the community with posts.

Before we can go further, I need to make something clear: THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK TOWARDS THE PERSON POSTING THR TRANSLATED CONTENT, NOR SHOULD IT BE TAKEN AS SUCH. I AM CONDEMNING ANY SORT OF POTENTIAL HARASSMENT TOWARDS THE PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THESE DISCUSSIONS. 

Ever since, it seemed like there was little activity on the side of the Circus when it comes to Touhou content. They just moved into other subreddits, with occasional posts on r/touhou as well. Some of them more wholesome...

4wkm61zih2w81.jpg

... while others being vaguely questionable TLed (Translated) content...

Spoiler

...and some in between.

Spoiler

5jocrvjg2ny81.jpg

wbyw1b8vgf091.jpg

(second one also ended with the thread locked by moderators; reason is unclear, as a lot of the potential clue comments have been deleted by moderators - assumption is that they were either lewd, or people being "horny on #general-chat")

A few signs started foreshadowing a little change in pace though, with an increased amount of memes that would lead to the events of these days:

kqpqhdxfsyt91.jpg

7wyc4hftddu91.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg

Anyway though, it seems like for the past month there has been a build-up in terms of the content this person posted. It started with a little poll asking if Fusu content should be retuning to the community, followed by a weird meme, and more questions whether Fusu-posting should be brought back. Yesterday, we got the definite answer: FUSU IS BACK. How so? We have returned to the practice of daily posting PoV love confession images (even if this is Nue we are talking about):

dwrkgus2fyu91.jpg

People's reactions were... to be expected. Some Reddit gold right here:

• lots of people asking for the "Nuenis"
  • "The return of [TLeD]"
  • "Holy crap, Fusu is back. I wonder if the Fusu drama will happen again like last year. Though it is the opposite of Fusu so maybe not."
  • "I want your Nueins. NOT your boobs."
  • "Ah shit, here we go again"
  • "If you're not a flat adult , don't even bother"
  • [From The_Entire_Circus themselves] "The people have spoken! As requested, here is the slightly sussy "anti-Fusu / Fusun't" series by siw0n! It consists of untranslated pieces portraying a different world from the Fusu-verse. For those planning to enter the Fusun't-verse and follow this series, please prepare to feel... something. Enjoy!"
  • "Joke's on you - Nue lifting her dress just reveals an eldritch abomination that makes you roll and fail your sanity checks. Besides, the sexiest part about Nue is still absolute territory". (rather true, probably the first thing that catches your attention on her design is the "zettai ryouiki" thigh-highs if I am to be fully honest)
  • "oh are we doing this again I got the bag of confetti saved up OOHOOHOOHOOHOOHOOHOO"
  • “I always come back” - The_Entire_Circus, probably"
  • "Not horny, I just want to be happy"
  • "God damn he actually returned. Now do I leave popcorn just in case?"
  • "Fusu but based?"
  • "The king returns! Welcome back with your TLeD!!!"

the-return-of-the-king-lord-of-the-rings.gif.7f03fb16509b0d87042e51117cf85322.gif

(same energy)

• "Round two 🍿"
  • "As in you'll kill me for wanting a look, or the act of looking itself will kill me?"

cjjnvrckg5v91.jpg

In today's Fusu translation meal, Kogasa...

We are not yet sure what will the upload pace be, if it will go again into daily posting or reduce the number to a limited one every week. Until now, there has been a second post done 9 hours ago. The number of upvotes is still high, probably not as high as it used to be last year, yet people are still falling for it. The post from yesterday is at over 900 upvotes, while the one from today went past 130. There is only one problem though. I see the Circus might be starting to scrape the barrel by starting to get into early drawings of the artist, since there are just that many... quality safe for work Fusu works. And when running out of those, I guess the Circus shall move to r/touhou_NSFW? And things are even worse for the Circus. There has been almost no safe-for-work drawn by the artist in the past year. His art switched from the confession type (the ones posted on the subreddit last year) + "sexy times" (basically part 2 of the confession images) to just the latter. If one has the "keep out R18 content" filters activated on Pixiv, they will not be aware of that entire side of the author. But if you go to somewhere like Danbooru, you will see. And oh boy, at least 10 (make it 15 by the time of updating this text) continuous pages of hentai (which also has amorous confessions) followed by starting to see again the (safe for work) art + "part 2" really is an experience...

Why am I pointing this out, now at 1 AM? Honestly, I am not very sure either. It is mostly my curiosity to see how things well evolve this time around. I am acting like a journalist (quite ironically a profession I can get into once finishing the studies in the field of politics - like famous historian and sociologist Max Weber said, journalists are people who wanted to get into politics, and sought to turn them into a profitable business; one goes into politics after already having the financial support behind him, not to create said support while in office). And sometimes, journalists are like flies. When a fly finds manure, it gets attracted to it. The more smelly the manure, the more appealing it is to the fly. But let's get over journalists and flies, and return to our Fusu friend.

1) The good (or maybe morally ambiguous?): Out of all Touhou artists, how did he get so much prominence? The answer looks to be obvious. "Artist draws cute girls doing cute things" might be the simplest answer. And I think it tries to not only appeal to the public, but also fill an empty space some may feel. After all, there are people out there who really like their waifus, and would definitely like to see said waifus confess their love to the person. The morality here is a little questionable, given the self-indulging and wish-fulfilling nature of such works, but I guess they also do find their own place in this world. It is a little shame the speech bubbles have cheesy, generic dialogue, because the art style in itself really is not bad. It is perhaps... misguided and misused. But now that I played a little bit of the devil's advocate, let's see a little bit the other side of the coin.

2) The bad (and the ugly): Back when I wrote "Touhou and mature content: the conclusion", I honestly though I was over with the topic, and that I covered everything I was interested in (as well as getting a little bashed and turned into copypasta online). I will just directly rip the following part from that thread, as it just as relevant now. In order to finish, just getting a bit more of Fusu, point-of-view art, empty love confessions (+ sex) and repetitive content, because why not. Actually, because there will remain in history a time when r/touhou was clogged with his art, which drove many to despair back then (and lead to some of the images including the one I have used in the opening of the post) (source - https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comments/wjld05/whats_wrong_with_fusus_art/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3) 

unknown.png

(I have definitely not chosen an Akyuu example just because I really like her very much, and was overall drawn rather nicely - used a safe-for-work image for obvious reasons)

Through time, people have come to a variety of arguments why the phenomenon of "Fusu-posting" may not really be the brightest idea. And I will quote a number of those below, given they provide a rather interesting insight into what the community thinks of the posting campaign and artist as a whole. Just to keep it short, the comments will go into spoiler form. There is nothing bad to read in there, so do not fear advancing into the spoiler area:

Spoiler
  • "I never thought there was nothing wrong with Fusu's artwork. I kinda enjoy them. I prefer to see the Touhous as tender, submissive and even amorous sweethearts rather than these overpowered, malevolent and homicidal bitches". 

• "I found it to have weird undertones and I disliked how the characters basically had the same personality so I drew a parody. Then the sub got swathed with similar memes. Oops"

• "It was oversaturated for a while, also UwU-ification of the Touhou girls. But yes there are weird arse double standards with content people despise and content they love. Hell even what people can and can't post on this reddit has weird double standards."

• "Maybe it's the same as Hammer? Where their fanart went from wholesome and cute to horny in the blink if an eye? And so people are miffed that Fusu is only drawing hentai now instead of some kind of balance between the two?" [Count's comment: Fusu has not drawn a single safe-for-work image since November last year. If you have the "keep out R18 content" filter activated on Pixiv, you will not see anything new in his art list since 11 months ago, but you will know he has been busy with a quick check on Danbooru]

• "The fact that all characters act like generic anime girls and shipping them with the viewer just seems kinda sad (this may be harsh to some but I don't know how to phrase it other way). Also personally I'm not too fond of hentai but that's just me"

• "Tbh nothing was wrong with the art itself, I feel like a large amount of the problem people had was the fact that it was being posted too frequently according to them, and they were sucking up all of the upvotes from other posts that deserved them more in their eyes. And that's a fine PoV to have, they were highly upvoted iirc, but also I browse on new rather than top / hot so idk for sure. I'm a bit biased because I kind of liked the art style and didn't really bother reading most of the translations (after the first few I got the idea pretty quick lol)"

[for better formatting, I will leave this here]

1. "The art itself is degrading, and takes, shall we say, great liberties with the 2hus' characterizations for the sole purpose of titillating the viewer. It's neckbeard-bait, plain and simple. And Touhou as I like it is the antithesis of neckbeard-bait"
  2. "Someone was spamming it virtually nonstop at one point on this sub. And whether due to the initial novelty of the thing, the horniness of the average redditor, or bots, those posts got lots of upvotes and shot to the top of Hot more often than not. Even people who initially didn't mind it eventually got sick of it"

If you go the Fusu art and character "development" route, aka "oh random anon, I love this so much; please do it more to me" (now I regret writing this), you have to actually try develop a story to make sense, otherwise you end up with wish-fulfilling power fantasy. We may al want it at some point, but then we realize it just can't be achieved. It sums up the PoV style image though, especially when it becomes repetitive. it just assume all the 2hu girls will be "submissive and breedable" if we are to use meme slang, and that they would accept such favors without any real reason at all. That's...not how the world works? Even if we talk about fiction, it is not for nothing that people say best fiction is the one you might have a hard time separating from reality/does not feel overly far-fetched. Based o an example discussed recently with @adzi in regards to Reimu, even with the... other function shrine maidens used to have, the scenario of her being willing to give "services" to a complete stranger or let guard low enough so you could end up doing mischievous things to her is still far from being plausible (or in any good taste).  I would just like to end the Fusu question on the following quote, which I think will remain relevant not only just for anyone part of the Touhou community, but probably in any other community online that has a large, or at least (more) remarkable female cast element:

"No anon, I am sorry to say but your waifu doesn't love you or asks you go out with her, or go into any sort of romantic confession to a complete foreigner. No anon, your waifu will not allow or want you touch her in inappropriate places. No anon, your waifu will not beg you have sex with her"

No matter how things will evolve in the following days or weeks, I will try keep my "journalist" work going and update the situation directly from the frontline. Aya Shameimaru... I mean CountVonNumenor, signed out. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

Oh, glory to fusu!
Let's go point by point, I guess.

2 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

His art switched from the confession type (the ones posted on the subreddit last year) + "sexy times" (basically part 2 of the confession images) to just the latter.

- I haven't actually seen a fusu post that consists of a "confession" leading to an NSFW scene. They're either one or the other.

There is only one problem though. I see the Circus might be starting to scrape the barrel by starting to get into early drawings of the artist, since there are just that many... quality safe for work Fusu works

- This trend is already starting with posts that are meant to satirize the fusu style, so I wouldn't say this is a return to glory, but a birth of a new, evolved form of fusu posting (which is really just translating the posts of another artist).

Fusu's art usually revolves around the idea of a PoV drawing in which one of the Touhou girls is confessing how much she likes you, and would like to go somewhere with you. The posts and dialogue were very fanservice-y and cheesy, but the art in itself was not bad

- I do think fusu's art is lackluster, actually. As pointed out in the discord server, they feel like factory made work. Every character has the same proportions, the same face, the same eye shape, the same skin color, and so on. It is a pleasant combination to see once or twice, but after the 50th post you realize how lazy it is. There's no personality exuding from the proportions of the character, or the variations we normally see in real people and that helps give characters more personality. It's like he's switching dresses and haircuts on a doll. Reminds me of other instances where I've seen this "efficiency":

Spoiler

13+ Anime Shows That Have “Same Face” Syndrome

anime memes love live same faces

Now, regarding your main point.
First and foremost, I find it hilarious that it got turned into a copypasta. Congrats on your newfound fame. XD
But I digress. It's rather obvious that the personalities of touhou characters are very far removed from anything resembling waifu wish-fulfillment fantasy. These characters used to be even stranger than they are currently (check how many quotes are made in reference to eating the player by the other characters in Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, for example). But quite frankly, I feel like the appeal to realism, or whatever you want to call it, to a fantasy world that is 95% written by fandom is akin to the unfortunate social commentary we see shoehorned in every form of escapism nowadays.

Not everything needs to be thought out, well written or be an accurate representation of reality. Ultimately, one can understand the distaste that naturally comes with this type of fan-servicey mentality, but in a post as silly as fusu art, it just seems out of place. If people enjoy seeing their characters as their cute fantasy wife, is there really such a big problem? You spoke of fusu posting being a tiresome part of the community for a while back, but in my perspective, it's equally tiresome to see this judgmental discourse of someone's personal entertainment being braindead and that they should be ashamed by it. It's patronizing and quite frankly, unnecessary. Just the absurdity of stating you are losing your mind over a drawing on reddit is quite telling to begin with.

In other, simpler words: "For some things, you just turn your brain off." Or you can just ignore them.

Those are my 2, or rather, 20 cents on this whole ordeal. Hopefully it was of some use to you.

As for your comments on journalism: I'd say you could definitely make a career out of this, but not in the traditional sense. The area is plagued with the need for speed as far reporting, which leads to inaccuracies and big scandals. Ironically, reporting on the silly internet phenomena like you're doing right now could be a very valuable way to make a name for yourself, especially on youtube. Can't say the touhou community is terribly huge, but given the, uh, questionable quality of what the current english speaking youtubers do when covering the fandom, a niche can definitely be carved there. There is so much history waiting to be uncovered. You'll have to be good at investigating, though.

Ugh, I hate writing long winded posts. Cana out.

Edited by Canaranjo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

patchouliass2.png.e11a8850318b379359e5d4f48a638bd3.png

21 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

No matter how things will evolve in the following days or weeks, I will try keep my "journalist" work going and update the situation directly from the frontline. Aya Shameimaru... I mean CountVonNumenor, signed out. 

Coming back to you with today's news:

hpu4e3xcwcv91.jpg

Posted 9 hours ago, currently at almost 170 upvotes

I will have a clarification right off the bat. The art posted this year by The_Entire_Circus is not from Fusu, but another artist known as siw0n. The one Circus was talking about as a lead in the "Fusun't" side of the community. Which I think might explain the messages within the text bubbles

(more examples of classic Fusu post below; please excuse me for the amount) 

x249wpg7bry71.jpg

The equivalent of today's post

0picxmg8pba71.jpg

2tn7dbzm54481.jpg

co9qe3j3ryd71.jpg

qcau3h4be5081.jpg

ilhzarsduak71.jpg

28r2v1jvzob71.jpg

rmyip4tsylu71.jpg

86zsef3ljho71.png

3x0ohi1rzwj71.jpg

syyuvhamveb71.jpg

ldn37wx1b0t71.jpg

Alright, with this detour now over, I can focus on answering some of the reactions until now.

20 hours ago, Canaranjo said:

I haven't actually seen a fusu post that consists of a "confession" leading to an NSFW scene. They're either one or the other.

I am glad to see you around here, Cana. It's been a while since I last saw you in one of my threads. It is not really a direct lead, therefore why i usually went with the "" when it came to "part 2". However, if you are to judge from Danbooru and image positioning, usually one of the confession drawings with immediately followed by a drawing of the same character from the confession having intercourse with the PoV anon. 

This trend is already starting with posts that are meant to satirize the fusu style, so I wouldn't say this is a return to glory, but a birth of a new, evolved form of fusu posting (which is really just translating the posts of another artist).

The posts satirizing Fusu were  not so bad. Some were actually pretty good, even if the counter-revolution started clogging the feed. This one is probably my favorite example from when all that happened:

unknown.png

Credit for the image: https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comments/qpy018/satori_reads_your_mind_parody_of_fusus_work/ 

I do think fusu's art is lackluster, actually. As pointed out in the discord server, they feel like factory made work. Every character has the same proportions, the same face, the same eye shape, the same skin color, and so on. It is a pleasant combination to see once or twice, but after the 50th post you realize how lazy it is.

That is something I really agree with. And combined with what you have pointed out in the spoiler section, could it be something the artists are calling "same-face syndrome"? When things are becoming too repetitive in somebody's art, especially in regards to facial features. The problem about Fusu-posting last year is that it overstayed its welcome. It started towards the end of the summer, and lasted until late October/early November. Posts were coming on an almost daily basis and were still faming upvotes, which in the end led to people getting sick of all it and so the revolution began.

First and foremost, I find it hilarious that it got turned into a copypasta. Congrats on your newfound fame. XD

Yeah, that happened. Probably I had most fun while reading reactions on r/copypasta after the person posted there my essay. There were people asking me (the guy who write the original text) "go touch grass". Or that it was me being either autistic or having gone into a complete mental breakdown. 

But quite frankly, I feel like the appeal to realism, or whatever you want to call it, to a fantasy world that is 95% written by fandom is akin to the unfortunate social commentary we see shoehorned in every form of escapism nowadays.

True. However, at least to me, there is still a difference between suspension of disbelief and poor taste coomer wish-fulfillment/power fantasy. Even in a community where 95% of the content (maybe even more) is written by the fans. Maybe people try to cope with their life problems and lack of fulfillment irl, therefore using escapism as their way to feel better?

Ultimately, one can understand the distaste that naturally comes with this type of fan-servicey mentality, but in a post as silly as fusu art, it just seems out of place.

I will probably take it as just me having some sort of distaste for this kind of things. I like some of the characters, some of them even quite a lot, but I have never really thought to go that far as to imagine them falling in love with me or doing...things to me. But again, I guess that is just me. 

It's patronizing and quite frankly, unnecessary. Just the absurdity of stating you are losing your mind over a drawing on reddit is quite telling to begin with.

Personally, I have not lost my mind over what happened. At most, I just stayed on the side and watched how things unfolded. I will admit that at the beginning of the Fusu-posting era I used one of those people who used to upvote the posts, or at least the ones where I thought the art itself looked pretty. But after a while, it became boring, so I just stepped aside and left people do whatever they considered. The fact they have lost their mind and went mad over it was something I surely did not expect. 

Or you can just ignore them.

That is what I really ended up doing when I grew bored of the whole ordeal. 

As for your comments on journalism: I'd say you could definitely make a career out of this, but not in the traditional sense. The area is plagued with the need for speed as far reporting, which leads to inaccuracies and big scandals. Ironically, reporting on the silly internet phenomena like you're doing right now could be a very valuable way to make a name for yourself, especially on youtube. Can't say the touhou community is terribly huge, but given the, uh, questionable quality of what the current english speaking youtubers do when covering the fandom, a niche can definitely be carved there. There is so much history waiting to be uncovered. You'll have to be good at investigating, though.

Thank you. I have thought about the idea of making journalism in the YouTube form you have described for a while now, especially ever since I started writing mini-articles turned threads on this forum. In the research department, do not worry. If I am actually interested in the thing I am writing about, I would end up going to any length to be thorough enough and make the proper research. But until I would start making essays and present them on a larger scale than this forum, there might be a long time as I am currently dealing with college. The initial form for such a project was through an English/Romanian (or both - Romania does have a small, but still deserving attention community, so why not given them a dose of the larger community to discuss about in the absence of national Touhou forum) blog, but YouTube may also be an option.

As for other projects, I am actually intending to write one day a military history book. Well, more of an illustrated guidebook, focused on military vehicles of the Romanian Army up to the end of the Second World War (or can be continued up to nowadays if there is enough info). 

12 hours ago, adzi said:

Well, I didn't know "Fusu-posting" was a general term about translating pics with 2hus speaking to the POV-anon.

I am calling it "Fusu-posting" because that is what it is. Posting art coming from that artist. This year's trend may no longer be correctly called "Fusu-posting", but it has only been 3 days in and we don't know for sure what will the Circus come up with tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, adzi said:

also Kogasa being remotely less-unwilling to show her boobs compared to Nue? What is this travesty? 🤣

Care to elaborate a little bit? You got me intrigued now. 

3 hours ago, buskerdog said:

sounds like another incident

1282825131_Ahshit.thumb.jpg.c508d424a0661aab28626345ac98dacf.jpg

This one is a certified classic

• Like 2

spacer.png

I have promised to keep a record of this for ever day of new posts. And because of that, there is the most recent one. Completely unrelated to PoV reactions to whatever the unseen person said. Just Futo going to a restaurant. Honestly, I find quite interesting to see the way things ae developing this year:

nh6jprmzrjv91.jpg

Meanwhile, some have decided to start doing it too, as perhaps this might be the potential beginning of Hammer-posting as well:

yqmj5g264lv91.jpg

Ah yes, Hammer. The guy who drew the wholesome "Touhou cups" (chibi-sized Touhou characters inside teacups, mostly with their heads popping out), but who can also quickly go from 0 to 100 in terms of lewdness with his nowadays art.

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 10/23/2022 at 12:22 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

Care to elaborate a little bit? You got me intrigued now.

Idk... Kogasa seems to be a "good girl", while Nue seems more like a mischievious type.

Also, fun fact! On Danbooru there's no explicit content with Sanae by Fusu!

• Like 2

Oh man, it's happening again huh.
Tbh, I don't really care for Fusu posting, since I'm not really on Reddit (I don't honestly like the Touhou sub), but it's interesting to see what people think of it.

To me, while Fusu art does look nice, it's super repetitive.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:22 AM, Canaranjo said:

Every character has the same proportions, the same face, the same eye shape, the same skin color, and so on.

Just like Cana said here.
Even the expressions, they're all the same..

I do, however, like the new "Fusu style" artist that Circus has been posting. I think that it's pretty accurate as to what each Touhou would say if they were asked those questions.

Honestly, I wish those PoV types of images would just be banished from r/Touhou, there are so many better fanarts that deserve recognition.

• Like 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

On 10/22/2022 at 1:51 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

Back to the usual. Today's specialty, bunny:

hv5ww2ia8rv91.jpg

5 hours ago, adzi said:

Idk... Kogasa seems to be a "good girl", while Nue seems more like a mischievous type.

I can see that. Kogasa is the kind we would think of as a precious cinnamon bun. While Nue... well, it's Nue. Aka "fandom gets horny over canon thigh-highs".

5 hours ago, adzi said:

Also, fun fact! On Danbooru there's no explicit content with Sanae by Fusu!

This one sure comes as a surprise. I really have to check it myself too, just to be able to truly believe. You know, in the name of research... Given the fanon reputation of Sanae, I still find it hard to believe Fusu did not involve her in anything explicit...

EDIT: huh, just as I checked and it looks like you are right. Besides some questionable feet stuff, there is absolutely nothing else to be explicit. Oh, the irony...

5 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

To me, while Fusu art does look nice, it's super repetitive.

It sure can feel as such if you are watching too much of it, especially in a short amount of time. I guess that is why Circus chose another artist this year. Another thing I noticed is that images no longer reach the 1.5K upvotes performance of last year, at best getting around 500 and usually just above 100-15o upvotes on a daily basis. Maybe since they are no longer so wish-fulfilling?

I do, however, like the new "Fusu style" artist that Circus has been posting. I think that it's pretty accurate as to what each Touhou would say if they were asked those questions.

I think the post from today will really answer this one part.

Honestly, I wish those PoV types of images would just be banished from r/Touhou, there are so many better fanarts that deserve recognition.

I have actually seen this idea being thrown around a lot last year in the counter-movement stage. If you want to read more about it, I recommend the thread which also gave us the Satori parody of the format:

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

God his been art has been ruined for me. When they were first a thing, I saw them as a "Oh that's neat." thing. And then the continuous surge of his works getting posted happened and slowly but surely, I was getting desensitized. Anytime I see his work, I just get war flashbacks.

cjjnvrckg5v91.jpg

Does anyone know about the version of the images where the girl rejects you? Specifically the artists? I've seen a lot of them but I don't remember who did those

• Like 2

As I have explained in the opening of my latest LostWord news round-up, my past couple days have been quite busy. Finally, I can come here and update the thread:

07w1si847yv91.jpg

(the image I was supposed to post yesterday)

8qd33dw075w91.jpg

Today's specialty: fox

10 hours ago, Plasmy said:

Does anyone know about the version of the images where the girl rejects you? Specifically the artists? I've seen a lot of them but I don't remember who did those

I think The_Entire_Circus mentions in every post the source of the images. This year, the artist they have chosen is siw0n (speech bubbles are originally in Japanese) https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/19848183

spacer.png

Today's meal: another birb

bpxk5bfnccw91.jpg

Besides, it seems like this is another one of those days when others decide to join the Tled trend and post whatever "Found Fanart":

Spoiler

l7wmelrr0dw91.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

On today's meal, Pettan pettan tsurupettan:

kvou5tz7ijw91.jpg

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 10/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

As I have explained in the opening of my latest LostWord news round-up, my past couple days have been quite busy. Finally, I can come here and update the thread:

07w1si847yv91.jpg

(the image I was supposed to post yesterday)

8qd33dw075w91.jpg

Today's specialty: fox

1. when the Unyu is literally too dumb to be fooled.
2. THE SEX FOX WAS A LIE!!

• Like 1

Trying to recover (again) 2 lost days (a bit hard with a very busy schedule and less able to access the internet than usual), there have been 2 new posts:

gak9ky0vjqw91.jpg

Rat
BOTTOM TEXT

3so1wjh5qxw91.jpg

Try to spell "dammit im mad" backwards [visible confusion]

Spoiler

unknown.png

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/74417219

On 10/29/2022 at 7:37 AM, nightsedge561 said:

cant wait for them to find gaoo.

I have decided to have the foolish curiosity of looking into what that artist draws. Now my only reaction is that I wanna load a shotgun with malicious intent (or maybe use a Puckle Gun with the square bullets loaded)

14 hours ago, adzi said:

2. THE SEX FOX WAS A LIE!!

Truly a lie all along, just like the cake

• Haha 2

spacer.png

15 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Trying to recover (again) 2 lost days (a bit hard with a very busy schedule and less able to access the internet than usual), there have been 2 new posts:

gak9ky0vjqw91.jpg

Rat
BOTTOM TEXT

3so1wjh5qxw91.jpg

Nazrin is quite standard... now I wish there was a Kokoro or Shou pic.

The Seija is freaking hilarious. I wonder how a Sagume scene would work out.

Finally posting this in time, it looks like today's meal includes fox again:

xqekezzcw4x91.jpg

5 hours ago, adzi said:

now I wish there was a Kokoro or Shou pic

Do  not worry, there might be some coming eventually, if the Circus will be posting just as much as they did last year

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Finally posting this in time, it looks like today's meal includes fox again:

xqekezzcw4x91.jpg

Ah, of course.

First she refuses to show her boobs (although it's frankly reasonable on its own), and now she shows up trying to scam... AND SHE GOT HERSELF A LOST WORD-LIKE RAINBOW HAIR REFLECTION. Hard pass.

• Haha 1

Coming back (again) after a couple days instead of daily (I really need to solve my internet providing issue), we have a double upload. This time, Shion for days:

3ikpbkfq0cx91.jpg

wkip39zt5jx91.jpg

Interesting how the art style seems to be changing from one image to the other.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Ka Takane said:

It's funny to see people there heavily downvote the mods' sticky comments at first just because they approved the post LOL.

Wait a minute, that actually happened? I really need to pay more attention to what is going on with these posts. If we are to keep the trend the same way it did last year, we can expect about a couple months of Circus posting daily until going back into the shadows until next year.

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Wait a minute, that actually happened?

Yeah, I was there lol. I considered posting about it here first, but decided to not steal your journalism and let you do the reporting instead. It'd be kinda boring if the literal moderator who approved the post circlejerk himself here. ;)

Edited by Ka Takane
only quote relevant part
  • Like 1