Map of Gensokyo

buskerdog

I have long thought about what it would take to create a map of gensokyo accurate to all cannon information we have... well I've learned that someone has in fact done just that! It's not perfect by the author's own admission, and perhaps should be treated as a kind of "first draft", but still, have a look at it and tell me what you think!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I do really like the quality of the drawing itself and the inclusion of some of the new locations. However, as the OP notes, there are a few inaccuracies in this map which I do hope get fixed going forward. Off the top of my head:

• I believe the Hill of the Nameless is actually behind Eientei, but the description is pretty vague so it could go either way really
  • I don't think Mayohiga is nearly as far away from the Hakurei Shrine
  • A few other placements which are debatable like Muenzuka and Kasen's house (though these are generally hard to pinpoint)
  • A few missing things like the Old Fairy House and the entrance to Makai
  • And the obvious, Youkai Mountain and the Misty Lake are both probably a lot bigger than that

Though it's still easy to appreciate the raw amount of effort that's been put into this, major props to the artist.

Also no drawing of Yukari's house in one of those side margins? 0/10 actually terrible map

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1