Touhou Characters That Look Good In White Tights?

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, I am new here. There is an interesting formality to white tights under dresses like a complete erasure of carnality that really gives off the sweet, innocent aesthetic. Even though the characters are hundreds of years old they still look like children (zun's benign, though accidental effort to make his characters clean) I am against the sexualization of these children as our brains walk a line of nurturing and evil, many in the anime community take the evil side because they (usually) like the manipulation, the brain's feeling to breed, the things that make up a drawing perfectly crafted by perverts and virgins of a loli character. It is a line that drives men to which fate they choose. Why watch shows that contain high school girls? Well, the audience for these types of content were made for teenagers that've hit puberty. Was the brain made to develop itself and it's presences on these dipictions of characters in media? This continues later on to life for some; their brains are programmed. I feel as if people drive their ability to nurture and export that unused energy on something they shouldn't (of something that is horribly morally incorrect) that is lolicon. May their motivation be sinister or be simple as just a hourly happiness fix. I don't know. White tights refects some that are within morales. You can say the same thing about black tights (I have a preference of them being completely opaque). Everything is elegant though not meant to be.. Am I protecting those in my own way?  (not the best example but I can't find any good images on safebooru, I am too nit-picky) 

sample_94e26f14eacb8cab5778e1a186776fbdf49ceabc.jpg

• Thinking 2

Not gonna lie, the topic in itself is actually interesting, and I've been thinking about it for a while. Particularly in the first half. So I will have to go through it piece by piece...

13 hours ago, Thistle_ said:

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, I am new here.

Welcome to the community. Nice to see new people coming in and starting discussions on various topics. 

Even though the characters are hundreds of years old they still look like children (zun's benign, though accidental effort to make his characters clean)

I have been talking a lot about this part in a dedicated thread. Short version of the thread, it was about me trying to understand the way and artistic choice of ZUN, and whether drawing everyone in these child proportions was intentional or not. Scratch that, there are actually 2 threads I would like to refer to:

With this, perhaps I could revive discussion in the original threads as well.

I am against the sexualization of these children as our brains walk a line of nurturing and evil, many in the anime community take the evil side because they (usually) like the manipulation, the brain's feeling to breed, the things that make up a drawing perfectly crafted by perverts and virgins of a loli character.

This whole thing reminds me of a couple memes I have seen recently. Trying not to stray far from the Terms of Service, the two memes I would like to refer to are the following:

Spoiler

IMG_20220217_134537_326.png

6bf.png

I am stil trying to understand the culture and appeal formed about the whole concept of "loli/lolicon" (and by further extension, that of "shota/shotacon" as well). Personally, I just do not see the appeal of it. Overall, this seems to be generally more a Japan thing, at least in terms of who is producing the themed art. 

Why watch shows that contain high school girls? Well, the audience for these types of content were made for teenagers that've hit puberty. Was the brain made to develop itself and it's presences on these depictions of characters in media? This continues later on to life for some; their brains are programmed.

I think it might be related to that temporary release of dopamine - but don't trust me, I pretty much failed biology and moved to Philology when I noticed I was much better at history and geography. Anyway, puberty is a weird part of our lives, very hard to understand. Even myself, at the age of 20, am still trying to understand what the hell happened to me through those years. It does not help either that I reprimanded, have not asked, kept secret or did not have who to talk to about the changes happening inside of me, so I might say I had a...perhaps crippled (?) development I have to recover from. Anyway, "life is strange".

Oh, speaking of people having weird to say the least reactions. This is more than likely copypasta, but after all, all copypasta has something at its original - best copypasta is the one that evolves naturally, many times without you even having intended it to be as such (spoiler for rather obvious reasons):

Spoiler

IMG_20220905_211429.jpg

Perfect representation of the more degenerate side of the internet - and exactly the one I was talking about in the "why are Touhou fans so horny" thread weeks ago. Anyway, all I could tell to those people is...

unknown.png

As for overall depictions, it is just what sells/brings in most attention and makes people want to watch your show. Numerous people have told me that many times anime works as a medium to escape from the harsh, shitty reality people live in. How much do you want to indulge yourself in this escapism, it is up to you. You just want something normally you would not have access to, at least that is how I feel it is.

Additional lecture: 

May their motivation be sinister or be simple as just a hourly happiness fix.

Again, I think this might be related to what I just said in the previous paragraph.  

You can say the same thing about black tights (I have a preference of them being completely opaque).

Personally, I do like the black, opaque thigh-highs. They are elegant, or just an element I tend to find attractive in terms of wardrobe (please don't judge me). They look good on a lot of characters, and can be fit with a lot of other accessories. On of the examples I really like comes from the artist Iganashi1 (even though I really like their art as a whole, especially their version of Eiki):

FHdUS9FacAwG8Px.jpg

As for overall canonical black thigh-highs, Nue has always been an interesting case. Black stockings, combines with short black hair made for combination that caught my attention for a while. Maybe not exactly the illustration drawn by ZUN in UFO, but there is a loot of good fanart that tends to outline the features and fashion style of the character (and characters in general). 

Yet another additional lecture: 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

I don't know where to start since the subject of this topic is about a lot of interesting things... 

So, I think that this white tights thing is related to loli only since the 2000s because of sweet lolita fashion (this fashion consists of dressing up like a Victorian era little girl or just an angelic porcelain doll) so it's kinda an efficient way to make a character looking like a little girl or a pure girl. Otherwise, this black tights thing is also a sexualised concept in the anime universe (as in My Hero Academia for Ochako Uraraka) it's oftenly linked to mature women, office or teacher's uniform, etc... as in the drawing of Eiki that CountVonNumenor used in his answer, here, Eiki looks like an office working lady. Anyway, I prefer that people have this kind of "preference" 'cause it's never related to loli (even if I find it kinda weird... 😐)

Now, about the sexualisation of the fictional characters, you better know that it's not a new phenomena, it's in fact the best technique that character designers uses to make a manga or a videogame popular, I already compared some videogames or manga together and I noticed that videogames where female characters were not designed in an obscene way were not popular but when there is a lot of fan service content, the videogame or manga in question gets quickly popular (as for Kobayashi's Dragon maid or Cobra to mention an old anime). After all, most of the otaku loves manga for the characters...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

I am stil trying to understand the culture and appeal formed about the whole concept of "loli/lolicon" (and by further extension, that of "shota/shotacon" as well). Personally, I just do not see the appeal of it. Overall, this seems to be generally more a Japan thing, at least in terms of who is producing the themed art

in japan a lot of adults do look like kids (mainly girls) , which is one of the main causes of the loli phenomenon. as for shota, my thoughts is that a lot of japanese people decided to do equality in that if girls could look really young in japan, then boys should do.

it's like the uzaki problem where a lot of people kept calling this a loli all because she's short.

download.jpg.c2cdc4c8da595d737f69714855af3d05.jpg

49 minutes ago, Darksymphony777 said:

in japan a lot of adults do look like kids (mainly girls) , which is one of the main causes of the loli phenomenon.

You're wrong on this one : young women in Japan are acting like kids, not looking like kids, in order to look cute, pure and innocent, wich is something that men in Japan, likes a lot. But there is two different phenomenon that you shouldn't get mixed up like this : the loli phenomenon, this one is mostly associated with the idea of sexualised kid like characters and the "moe" phenomenon wich is about childlike characters who are just acting cute and innocent (like Minky Momo or Dejiko). So, the moe phenomenon is due to what you said about adults who wants to looks like kids in Japan but the loli phenomenon is a mix with moe and hentai-esque bodies (like, chubby tigh or drawing flat chest in a very special way...).

1 hour ago, Darksymphony777 said:

it's like the uzaki problem where a lot of people kept calling this a loli all because she's short.

download.jpg.c2cdc4c8da595d737f69714855af3d05.jpg

Now, the only reason why people call Uzaki a loli isn't because she's short but it's because the proportions of her face and her head are the same as a child : round face, the eyes are way too big and the mouth is too close of her eyes. Here is an example of why being short isn't a reason at all. The character that you can see here, is short and is 8 years-old but she looks more mature than Uzaki because of the well-balanced proportions of her face (and her body also but this is not very important here since i don't know how old Uzaki is...).

OA - Pearl.jpg

On 9/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, Nekofire said:

Now, the only reason why people call Uzaki a loli isn't because she's short but it's because the proportions of her face and her head are the same as a child : round face, the eyes are way too big and the mouth is too close of her eyes

Sorry for separating this accidentally pressed send. They did both "she's short, therefore she's a loli, therefore she's a child" and that for her artstyle makes her look like a kid, which I would agree with if not for seeing the page that introduced her.

Now for the loli phenomenon, I honestly didn't know that. I have met people who are adults who do look like kids, most vividly a friend I was with in high school who was 17 but looked 11 and had to carry a passport around to prove her age. So I simply thought that some Asians can look like children in their teens or twenties.

uzaki_chan_wa_asobitai_1_3.jpg