東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence

OkuuFallout

Hello everybody, I am OkuuFallout.

Some of you may know of the now dead website named http://shrinemaiden.org. If you wish to know why it's dead, look here: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=29584.0. The website now has a successor by the title of http://shrinemaiden.com, and while it is not nearly as big as it once was, it still exists.

However, this isn't the purpose of this topic. I simply wish to inform people of this post I made on it: https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=343.0

Here is the post I made on it:

Hello everyone. Let me get straight to the point: I have a piece of fanfiction I am working on. It was originally meant to be a RP thread on here, but as I was drafting the initial post, I figured that a story format would be better. Since it was meant to be a RP thread, it is written in the 2nd person perspective. I made a post on Twitter about this too, so I'll paste it here along with the link.

After I pasted this, I realized I made a typo in this website's url. Whoops.

-----

Wish I could make this Tweet only go to select people, but oh well...
#touhou #東方Project
Hi whoever's reading this. An ambition came to me recently to host a Touhou RP thread on http://shrinemaiden.com . However, as I was drafting the initial post, I thought that a roleplay format wouldn't be the best. As a result, I have decided to create a work of Touhou Project fanfiction.

I haven't changed the general idea from the RP thread, but the plot is still developing, as I prefer writing with whatever comes to mind, and change it later if needed.

I'm still working on the final title, but for now, I'm calling it "Touhou Beyond the Fourth Wall - A Yukari Story".

I have little experience with creative writing, but I am still fairly confident in my abilities as a writer. The last time I tried this was in 7th grade and was about Barney the Purple Dinosaur being a demon from Biblical Hell. My writing teacher LOVED it, not for the story (although that may have been part of it) but for the general craftsmanship.

Overall, I'm saying that this is my first piece of fanfiction that I've ever tried. As it was once meant as a RP thread, it is in the 2nd person POV, with the primary pronoun of "you". If you want to see my work so far, I have it on a Google Doc so people can see my progress.

Thanks for listening if you've read everything thus far. The link is below if you are interested. Thank you!

Later, after the initial posts...

Oh yeah. There is some Yukari x Ran shipping, but nothing really obscene comes up. Also I'd like to add that this shipping may or may not affect my current Yukari x Reimu shipping preference, but it's too soon to tell.

-----

The link won't show since it was embedded in the post, but I'll link it below:

I look forward to everyone's thoughts. Thank you!

-----

Hello once again, I'm here to say that I have changed the document that was previously linked into my old draft. From now on, I will be editing on a different document. This is because I would like the format to be a little more like an actual novel. I have also "published it to the web" for easy reading rather than watching me edit and looking at the edit history, but it looks a little weird because of the formatting in the document.

Thanks again for the support!

Here is the link to the Google Doc

And here is the link to the "Published to the Web" link

Also pleeeeeeeeeease consider joining Maidens of the Kaleidoscope (the website's title). It isn't very active, but it is a neat community that I discovered about a year ago, before even this website. Thanks!

Edited by OkuuFallout
  • Like 2

i will join maidens of the kaleidoscope, been wanting to for a long time. wish i was a part of this fandom in its prime. i will add your fanfiction to my reading list too, currently reading "rise of the evening star", an interesting fanfic about a villain who doesnt follow the spellcard rules, but in a more unique way than just having her kill the protagonists. i reccomend

• Like 1

Wow. I didn't expect such a quick response, so thanks! I'm sure the people over at MotK will appreciate that. And thanks for the support for Touhou: CoVE (yes, the abbreviation was intentional). As for "Rise of the Evening Star", I will leave myself a note to check it out, so thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: DEAR GOD. 192,000 WORDS. Ok then... I'll start it... sometime in the near future...

Edited by OkuuFallout

• 3 months later...

So it has been quite a while since I've posted here, huh? Well, I've since only done a little bit, I think. I don't remember where I was at when I posted this, so...

Anyway, I'm working on the 6th chapter, and Chapters 1-5 are available. I would like to preface that it may take me awhile to finish what is now known as "Act 1", but if you're reading this, thanks for your time!

I'll post each status update below to keep tabs on how it has gone.

• Like 1

Status Update: ⑨/⑨/22

Hello! OkuuFallout here. I have recently decided to release chapters 5-8 all at once when they’re finished. If you are wondering why, I can’t say that just yet. However, I believe you’ll understand why I did this once they are released. However, as of September ⑨, 2022, this work is on a “drafting hiatus” for the next couple months (at most).

Thanks for reading so far!

Edited by OkuuFallout
  • Like 1

Status Update: 10/04/2022

Hello there. Just in case you were wondering, I haven’t gotten much progress done. Heck, before today I only had a single paragraph done for Chapter 5. So yes, I had writer’s block, but I have an excuse this time. I’m introducing my least favorite Touhou character to the story, so it’s been pretty hard to think of what I want to do for Chapter 5. But after thinking about it, I still have no idea what to do (^^; But I’m just going to go with the flow for now, as I usually do, and hopefully I’ll finish Chapter 5 soon (and bring in that one girl as little as possible).

I also made some edits to the last paragraph of Chapter 4, since I have changed my mind about how the Chapter 5 interactions will go.

A day later…

After a period of thinking about the incredibly short length of the chapters, I have decided to essentially group chapters up into “acts”. Chapters 1-4 will be Act 1, while 5-8 will be Act 2. It won’t always be 4 chapters, but I still consider it an improvement.

Thanks, and stay tuned!

Edited by OkuuFallout

Status Update: 11/03/2022

Hello everyone, OkuuFallout here. I have made a few minor changes to my Wattpad version of Touhou CoVE. But that’s not the most important part. A few days ago, I started working on Chapter 6 after a brief hiatus where I needed to know where to go next with it. I’ve figured it out, I just need to overcome a little roadblock in the chapter content. I’ve been wondering if I should lengthen the newer chapters out a bit, but as of now, I believe I will just continue the usual way.

Thanks for reading so far!

Edited by OkuuFallout

Status Update: 12/07/2022

Hey there. OkuuFallout here. For the past month, I’ve been feeling somewhat unmotivated when it comes to working on CoVE. I’ve only gotten about a single page’s worth done in Chapter 6 so far– I've been working on it off and on. However, I’m here to announce a minor change. Formerly known as “Act 1”, Chapters 1-4 are now titled as the prologue, with the next batch of chapters starting as Act 1 instead.

I realize I’ve been inactive for quite some time now, so I will give an apology/holiday gift to those who have been keeping up.

As of 12/07/2022, Chapter 5 is now released. 

Thank you again, if you’ve been keeping up. If you could wait another couple months, I will likely be finished with Act 1 by then.

OkuuFallout, out.

Edited by OkuuFallout