Connected Spirits - A Touhou Game Jam submission

buskerdog

I've made a new fangame for Touhou Station Game Jam 2022! The theme this game is based on in "tsunagu" - "connect".

Connected Spirits is high-score chasing beat-em-up game where you control Youmu's human and ghost half simultaneously. By considering the position of both characters, you can chain your combos for longer and collect additional stamina so that you can keep slashing. Vengeful spirits will attempt to attack the Saigyou Ayakashi, defend it for as long as possible and defeat as many as you can! The game gets progressively harder the longer you last, and maintaining a high combo isn't just to be flashy, it becomes very important in the later stages of the game!

The music was made by my friend Cassare. I did the programming, design and pixel art, and Needlemouse contributed an image to the title screen.

The game was hastily translated into Japanese with the help of some online dictionaries and DeepL

The game can be found on my itch.io here: https://buskerdog.itch.io/connected-spirits

And it can be found on the game jam website, along with all the other submissions, here: https://touhou-gamejam.web.app/en/work/kEkFZpJsZoBBxdZT/

You can also check screenshots of the game following the above links!

Edited by buskerdog
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

• 2 weeks later...