What do you guys think about fan OC's?

Sir I

Until now, I have only grown familiar with 2 OCs when it comes to Touhou, both of those being basically isekai. One of them if the dude from Diamond in the Rough (despite the fact I never watched that series) and the Main Character from Touhou Lost Word (probably mandatory to mention that she is established since you start the game to be a girl, so there is that). I guess they are both fine, and it very much depends on the way they are written. If the story is believable, or at least evolves naturally, I would say the idea is perfectly fine for me. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

spacer.png

I mainly associate OCs with the Sonic community (since I was in in that community for many years), but in terms of Touhou OCs, I don't really have that much of an opinion on them (since I don't really know of many notable ones)

However, I should note that I've actually made a music theme for a Touhou OC someone else thought up of in their dream.

As I said yesterday in the Chatbox, I've seen quite a few of them in various Walfas videos, so I don't mind them myself. Unlike CVN, I have actually watched all of Diamond in the Rough too, therefore I'm well acquainted with Brolly Diamondback. In addition to that, MiniWitch3 also produced some really nice characters for his Wiccan & Swordsgirl series, successfully integrating them into the lore of Gensokyo, even pairing one of them up with Okuu of all people. (^p^)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the point of making a touhou OC when you have so many options to choose from in the main cast already. Unless it's part of a larger fangame. Take the OCs in "Elegant Impermanence of Sakura", for example. Not only do they have beautiful and unique designs, personalities that stand out, but catchy and distinct tunes to accompany that. Take a look at one of my favorites, I wish she were part of the real cast so the design would get more attention:

Love the round faces in the art style too. They're cute. :p

The theme gets really good at around the 1:48 mark.

Edited by Canaranjo
complementary comment at the end.
  • Like 1

patchouliass2.png.e11a8850318b379359e5d4f48a638bd3.png

• 3 months later...