Touhou 6's anniversary is soon! (+ ZUN's mystery project)

buskerdog

On the 11th of August, Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (AKA Touhou Koumakyou) will be 20 years old! Touhou 6 is very important game in the series, marking the start of the windows era and introducing many characters and songs that have become especially iconic to the fandom.

To celebrate this occasion, Touhou Youtube creator Megapig is rallying the community to release a bunch of fanmade content on August 11th.

So if you want to join in, get something ready for the anniversary day!

In other "news" - although everything I'm about to say here comes from a secondary source, so take it with a grain of salt - there was apparently a tweet made recently that ZUN won't be attending the livestream for Touhou Station game jam this year - but supposedly the reason for this is that he's hard at work on something to release at next Reitaisai.

Due to the upcoming anniversary, some people speculate that he could maybe be remaking Touhou 6 - but to be honest, it's probably just Touhou 18.5 or Touhou 19. Still cool!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, buskerdog said:

Due to the upcoming anniversary, some people speculate that he could maybe be remaking Touhou 6 - but to be honest, it's probably just Touhou 18.5 or Touhou 19. Still cool!

I am not sure we are going to get anything about Touhou 19. At least not yet, as I believe it is too early, at just a bit over a year after the full release of the previous main game and about 9 months after a spin-off. If I were to predict when the next main game will be announced, I would rather say end of winter-early spring 2022, just to have a 2 years gap and go by the UM pattern. But 18.5 seems like a more possible option if you ask me. Especially given that 17.5 was supposed to come long ago. 

Anyway, I might try contribute with something for 11th August. Just to draw something again after way too much time. Do the creations need to be posted anywhere specifically? 

spacer.png

I've been planning to make a speedpaint timelapse for 8 drawings, related to EoSD, each drawing will be about the bosses (with the 8th drawing being Reimu and Marisa). If I do decide to make that and post it, I will be sure to post the finished drawings + the Youtube video here!

Also YESSS 18.5!!!! It looks like we will have even more cards than in 18! I'm so excited!!! :KoishiXD:

• Like 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo