Looking for info about this fangame i stumbled upon, Touhou ~ Gensou Sato Dokasuka Wars

TheNameIsSofly

Hi there, i'm new to the forums, this is in fact my first post in here, but i wanted to look for information about this fangame i found, since googling didn't bring much result (just giving me ~2010 blogspot pages to download it from and equally old youtube videos)

I'm talking about Touhou ~ Gensou Sato Dokasuka Wars

All i know about the game is that

*It was released the 8/15/2009 (MM/DD/YYYY) in Comiket 76
*It's a 3D fighting game, like the Dragon Ball budokai tenkaichi series (just in a way, way smaller form)
*Playables characters include Reimu, Kanako, Inu Sakuya, Minoriko, Shizuka, Flandre, Mokou and Utsuho

It's apparently for PC, but after downloading and checking for viruses, there's only a .bin file and a .cue file, both simply named "dokusaka"
image.png.3be0693b9a37d1d56197811b26c5502d.png

There is also apparently a trial version according to a youtube comment, saying that that's the only version they could find

Here's the video with the comment i mentioned (Volume warning, seriously it's really loud)

If you have any info about this game, i'd love to hear it, and if you have a playable version, that would be even better

• Thinking 1

As the man says, get yourself a program like DAEMON Tools Lite, mount the image, then you can install/play it like any other game. (^_~)

Hmm, and I might be mistaking it for another, very similar title (it was quite a while ago now), but I seem to recall people complaining when this was released on the PS4, saying it was far too basic for the machine. (T_T)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

8 hours ago, SasaMisa said:

As the man says, get yourself a program like DAEMON Tools Lite, mount the image, then you can install/play it like any other game. (^_~)

Hmm, and I might be mistaking it for another, very similar title (it was quite a while ago now), but I seem to recall people complaining when this was released on the PS4, saying it was far too basic for the machine. (T_T)

Thank both of you, i was able to play a little bit of it, knowing what to do when all the instructions are in japanese is pretty hard

By the way, i'm trying to archive this game on the internet archive, but i can't find anywhere who made this, not even in the readme, it just mentions "Fryotei and the developers of this game", if any of you have any idea on the team that made this game, it would be fantastic

This game is actually not called "Gensou Sato Dokasuka Wars". Evidently from the game's cover, it's actually called "Gensokyo Dokasuka Wars", and I can't say I'm sure where this misconception comes from.

In any case, this game was created by a doujin circle called "Kouryokutei" (roughly meaning "red-green pavilion"). There's a website which is laughably difficult to navigate, but you should be able to find the game by doing a CTRL+F for "C76". I believe it's a one-man circle run by a person that goes by Combat Wakamoto (surprisingly still quite active on social media!)

No clue who "Fryotei" is though, sorry. Perhaps it's the person who originally ripped the game and posted it to whatever website you got it from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ACE_DEUCE said:

This game is actually not called "Gensou Sato Dokasuka Wars". Evidently from the game's cover, it's actually called "Gensokyo Dokasuka Wars", and I can't say I'm sure where this misconception comes from.

In any case, this game was created by a doujin circle called "Kouryokutei" (roughly meaning "red-green pavilion"). There's a website which is laughably difficult to navigate, but you should be able to find the game by doing a CTRL+F for "C76". I believe it's a one-man circle run by a person that goes by Combat Wakamoto (surprisingly still quite active on social media!)

No clue who "Fryotei" is though, sorry. Perhaps it's the person who originally ripped the game and posted it to whatever website you got it from.

Actually, both Kouryokutei and red green pavilion appeared when i tried to use other translators; seeing as it was mentioned along side a developer team in the readme, i tought it was some kind of publisher or something like that

Thanks a lot, i'll update the archive page right away