How much is a touhou game worth it?

Bruninho

Posted (edited)

$15-$20 but considering that the games are becoming more and more like bored apes that price range is way too generous.

Edited by Turbonator
  • Up 1

[Posted from my internet capable kettle]

#Freemyhomie @edoll

2022-04-15_232522126557710.png.79116fe0de14dbdf71665c47f176d52e.png

Yorha_caught_lacking.png.d7f02e51b345581f030f737c9759e11e.png

$8 max for the shooting games.

Posted (edited)

Games that on steam cost 5-6 dollars for my region and I don't mind to buy them for that price.
15 dollars would be fine for patched or patch-able games (now steam versions have problems with some patches. So even after I bought games on steam it is really easier to play "other" versions).
That much I would pay because shooting games is not moving sprites only, but music that is great and effort in danmaku side that don't feel repetative

Edited by Alia Khin
I like to edit
  • Like 1

I would probably say that for the physical releases, $10 to $15 is probably fine. However, for the digital Steam releases, I feel that $5 is a much better cost for the standard bullet hell Touhou games.

• Thinking 1

Posted (edited)

Certainly not more than $20 (which would be around £15 for me) - I mean, they are dojin games after all. For sure, you can get stuff on dlsite, where I bought TD as it happens, for less than that with a lot more gameplay overall for your buck/pound. (^_^)

Edited by SasaMisa
Spelling mistake.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

Idk the conversion for y'all dollar people, but on steam the mainline games are about £11.40 whereas the danmaku spinoffs are all about £8.30 - personally I think the mainlines games should also be at that same price as the spinoffs. But what I really want is for ZUN to just make a value bundle to be able to purchase the games by era

• Up 1