Whats your favorite fangame and why?

Bruninho

I would say Luna Nights. I'm biased towards this game since it was my first touhou fangame. Besides a  metroidvania with Sakuya as the main lead sounds like perfection. It helped introduce me to the series once I finished it too!

• Like 2

Wandering Souls for much the same reasons as Isaac, although it's more like Valis than a Metroidvania. Indeed, until I came across it on YouTube and decided to give it a go myself, my knowledge of Touhou Project was practically non-existent, to the point where I didn't even know who the shrine maiden was. (^_^;)

Edited by SasaMisa
Inserting a sentence.
  • Like 2

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

Even if I haven't played many fangames, Frantically Forbbiden Fruit is my number 1 pick. It's a very fun fangame that has a really good soundtrack, is pretty easy and has a very neat gimmick! I just don't like how I have to pray that it doesn't set my laptop on fire every time I play it kekw

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

Fantasy Maiden Wars is a beast of a fangame that I'd even consider one of my favorite games overall. Game was surprisingly fun, music is amazing and it does a great job at reimagining the incidents from 6-12 all while mixing in an original plot. Really hope someone picks up the translation for it some day.

By the end of it I had like around 140 hours of gameplay which is just, insane.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif

Ah, yes... this will be a difficult choice.

Live-A-Live was one of the greatest I've played... although now I see how janky it often was.

I, too, consider Gensou Shoujo Wars the best I've played, even if I never finished it... maybe the most recent release will get translated...

I find Luna Nights and Genso Wanderer to be close seconds.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

I really enjoyed Fantasy Maiden Wars but found it to be a bit unpolished, it crashed for me constantly and I wasn't able to find good translations for any of the later games (like the dialogue would be translated but none of the UI). ultimately I think I'll have to go with Mystia's Izakaya, unlike Fantasy Maiden Wars I was actually able to figure out how to play even before the translation and now the main game and 1st DLC are translated (just waiting for the 2nd DLC translation).

• Like 1

I recall watching TheDepressedEeyore play Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet all the way through actually, after my mate and I fooled around with it briefly one night at his house (I still call it the "Touhou Heads" game to this day, you know). Never did get round to playing it myself, in spite of downloading it all those years ago, although I'd more or less agree with Tenkko's points 100% here from what I have seen. (=^_^=)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

• 4 months later...