Why people hate lunarians?

Sir I

• Sir I locked this topic
  • Sir I unlocked this topic

I mentioned last night, didn't I, that I'm not up on the lore of LoLK or the associated manga, so my thoughts on this are kind of moot. However, seeing the awful way they behaved in Reimu and Cirno's wonderful, yet very sad Walfas video "Regret", I don't think it's difficult to see why people hate them at all. (*_*)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.
  • Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

I do not fully hate the lunarians, don't like them but not to the point I will blow up the moon. You can't blame them from leaving earth because of impurity we ALL have, heck if I was on their place I will be leaving earth and just chillax on the moon and having a good time with lunarians. But why they should act like snobs? I mean yeah not want to be impure is one thing, but being full on disrespectful on people who live on Earth and having this superiority complex thinking they are untouchable and better than us is another thing. I think their hatred of impurity and slowly hating the inhabitants on Earth gave them this reputation. And lets not forget the fuel of the fire: KKHTA. This series made the fans hate them to the point of some of them wanting to punch a lunarian if they see one. That is enough of what I said, so is there something else?

Edited by Sir I
  • Sad 1

Like you guys have already pointed out, there are at least two big reasons for why there is a dislike for the Lunarians (even though Sir, it seems like you have responded your own question).

1. The introduction of the Watatsuki sisters in Silen inner in Blue was not very well received. Besides the arrogance expressed, the two sisters single-handedly defeated some of the most powerful characters of Gensokyo, including Reimu. Why very much created a big outrage among fans, and ever since that we barely got any mention of Yorihime and Toyohime in any official material until Who's Who of Humans and Youkai in Gensokyo. From that infamous battle in SSiB, another interesting fan take emerged: as Yorihime is also a shrine maiden like Reimu, she basically represents what Reimu would be if she took her training seriously (also apparently Toyohime works like a Moon version of Yukari?).

2. Like you pointed out. KKHTA happened. To put further salt on the wound, the second half of that series turned from "the inhabitants of Gensokyo killing each other" to "the Lunarians are invading Gensokyo and are killing everyone in a war of extermination". This is pretty much what you need to know when it comes to this side of the hate for the Lunarians.

Bonus lore: apparently, there was a war between Gensokyo and the Moon at some point (there might have been more, but there is one I remember). In this war, the army of Gensokyo led by Yukari basically got crushed on the battlefield. However, through some plot device, Yukari managed to open a portal to the Lunarian capital through a reflection a la final battle in Portal 2, and her, together with Yuyuko if I remember correctly, snuck into the capital and stole some alcohol (they did a bit of trolling). Which, if memory serves me right, was seen as a surprise later at a party when the cast of Eintei (I think) was invited and realized some of the drinks served were from the Lunar Capital. I might have gotten some of the details wrong, but this is basically the story as I remember it.

• Thinking 2

spacer.png

10 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Bonus lore: apparently, there was a war between Gensokyo and the Moon at some point (there might have been more, but there is one I remember). In this war, the army of Gensokyo led by Yukari basically got crushed on the battlefield. However, through some plot device, Yukari managed to open a portal to the Lunarian capital through a reflection a la final battle in Portal 2, and her, together with Yuyuko if I remember correctly, snuck into the capital and stole some alcohol (they did a bit of trolling). Which, if memory serves me right, was seen as a surprise later at a party when the cast of Eintei (I think) was invited and realized some of the drinks served were from the Lunar Capital. I might have gotten some of the details wrong, but this is basically the story as I remember it.

This requires more context. Yukari stole the sake not for trolling but to frighten eirin since she believed that her and kaguya were above the rules set in gensokyo regarding yokai and humans. The entire plot of silent sinner in blue is summed up as "yukari really wanted to establish the pecking order to eirin" that includes the war, tricking remilia into getting involved (which she caught on to but went with it) the entire group getting their asses kicked by the watasushi sisters. All of it was a plot to get lunarian sake to give to eirin which causes her to absolutely lose it in cage of the runagate

• Thanks 1
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

This requires more context. Yukari stole the sake not for trolling but to frighten eirin since she believed that her and kaguya were above the rules set in gensokyo regarding yokai and humans. The entire plot of silent sinner in blue is summed up as "yukari really wanted to establish the pecking order to eirin" that includes the war, tricking remilia into getting involved (which she caught on to but went with it) the entire group getting their asses kicked by the watasushi sisters. All of it was a plot to get lunarian sake to give to eirin which causes her to absolutely lose it in cage of the runagate

Thank you for all the clarification. In all honesty, I have never read the stories themselves. Rather, I got the info through discussions and wiki reading, and have not touched it for like over a year. But still, a refresher is always welcome. 

spacer.png

I'll touch more later but for now enjoy this short reply. (Darn you, sickness)

You're enjoying the time with tea and peaches when suddenly, your teacher that you haven't heard in decades sent you a warning about some Bozo coming to invade: These "Invaders" arrived in a shabby-splin·ter rocket and announcing to 'claim' the moon and then, they challenged the sister to some kind of ritual fight with spellcards and stuff which you ended up wiping the floor with them. They retreat but your sake is stolen.  

If they were less civilized and barbaric, things wouldn't go that well for our Bozos.

• Up 1

Truly is Yin & Yang.