Pictures With A Thousand Words

Cejic

The goal of this game is to take a picture and pull a story from it. This story could be about any part of the picture provided to you, and can be of any length. Once done writing the story attach a new picture for the next person to use, and read or comment on other posts. 

Rules:

• Keep comments concise and constructive, avoid needless arguing and deriding of others
  • No 18+ content in images or writing. If you must include mature themes I suggest being familiar with "boot scenes". This includes excessive violence or romance.
  • If you know the source material for an image, don't use it. The goal of this game is to come up with new stories, not tell the cliff-notes of popular media.
  • Large images and long stories should be contained in spoiler tags to keep the thread readable. If you have to scroll to reach a button, it should have a spoiler.
  • If you wish to partake anonymously, you can PM me or someone you trust to post for you. (If posting for someone else, make sure you inform us that it is not your work.)
  • Direct thread order is not as important as participation. Feel free to reuse images from before for writing or for the next poster's reference if you want to get another take on that image's story.

Example post:

Spoiler

Reference Image

Spoiler

large.TokyoMagnitude80ep01c.jpg.e3df9309

Story

Spoiler

"The ruins of the old world loom in the distance, waiting to consume those who enter them. Hungering to release their fury on the weary traveler that dares disturb their confines for an evening of shelter. Their wrath rarely ends with the death of the intruder, as the winds carry the stone's vengeance to the masses, poisoning the young and old alike. Truly, one fool can cause the death of hundreds."

At least, that's what the elders say. Myself? I tend to take a more nuanced approach to life. While unstable the wonders of the old world hold the secret to many things, including ways to grow structures large enough to house even the largest of clans. Not to mention the wonders of smokeless lanterns fed with metal and mobile storage contraptions much too heavy to move with flesh and brawn. Such marvels would be lost without us delving into past perils. Surely not all items from the past lead to its downfall, else where would we have began?

That's not to say I've not seen the dangers of the ruins. Collapsing buildings and curses strong enough to paralyze the strongest of men for simply stepping in their path are plentiful. Wild predators stalk the halls, both high and low, some even striking out in packs to control the area around their dens. Poisons so finely misted that all sense fail to detect them, eating away at flesh and sanity too slowly to notice until lethally dosed. Ever present, the danger keeps many alert, and many more away, but that just makes my business even more lucrative.

I am a delver, and as a delver I climb these crumbling towers in search of materials and knowledge long abandoned. My tools are as foreign to the lowlanders as the ruins themselves, for what could contest with such mysticism from the old world but the mix of new rituals and old knowledge? I've seen many delvers fall, taken by the towers that provide us with trade means, and I've seen the cold stares of towns poisoned by the very blights the plume from the dust of a collapsing spire. I'd be lying if I said I knew I was doing the right thing, but how do you let go of something when it grabs at the mind? When curiosity has lead you to treasures beyond your kin's greatest dreams? Do you throw it down for the pretense of safety, guaranteed only to slow the inevitability of death and disease? 

I don't. And friend, I hope you don't either.

Next Image

Spoiler

large.yucca-612_full.1743515.jpg.ba66d11

Starter Image

Spoiler

large.dd5e7cfd8c6f9a8cb6624e65fd52a80b.g

W2HhOfH.pngThe ケロ happened here?

• 5 months later...

is this the previous image? cause i can't see it above

Spoiler

is_this_it.jpg.08648dbcd29481c24922745397c1ab7f.jpg

WARNING : I'm suck in English and I'm suck at storytelling

Spoiler

The Earth has became a barren land with almost no signs of life. alongside with scorching sun that burns everything, radioactive environment that deteriorate life and acid rains that melts away human flesh. man struggle in this barren land, trying to life with the oblivion of the world.

Inside a shelter that blocks everything even the slightest ray of light. We live in the darkness, hiding from the cruelty of nature, and creating our own enviroment. And yet the problem still remains. No matter how hard we try to hide, the nature still got us. We are humans, we ARE mortals. Death is inevitable for us.

We humans finally found a new way to life. That is to make a vessel that can contains human soul, or more like a vessel that can contains conciousness. And we did it, we made a machine that surpasses humans, immune to all threats of nature and most importantly "ageless". Then all the remaining humans leave their own flesh and starts new life.

The machines work splendidly, the hazardous evironment is not a bother to us. We advance quickly, making a new civilization, explore the undiscovered, and many things that can't be done in the previous. But something is missing. After day by day I finally realize that we have lost our humanity, turning ourself into a lifeless machine. we try to revert what we have done, but it's all too late. our previous vessels are already rotten, turned into a dust. I rethink what's the meaning of life while waiting the machine devours my remaining humanity, leaving it to none. I guess that's what the consequences for denying our nature.

One day, a mysterious figure appeared, it looks like a human girl but why the environment doesn't affect her at all, why the sun doesn't burn her, why the rain doesn't melt her. she just walk around like nothing is happened. Then she makes contact with the remaining machines. all the machines that she touch suddenly shuts off. one by one she contact them all until my turn has come "what will she do to me, what will happened to me?" and then she touched me. the moment she make contact with me i realize. she is the nature herself. she help us to be one with the nature as we should have before and lives in a new cycle. I guess the nature still loves us, we are the one that harming our self.

Next image

Spoiler

IMG.thumb.jpg.9bf96e8cb9cebacb683379bfa697242b.jpg

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Archived