RT8: [NOT] the Last Remix Tournament

Ken Hisuag

it's finally the time, huh everything i said before + my picks were as following: (if that wasn't obvious)

Spoiler

1. Amane - Lunatic Vengeance
2. Linjin - kimi ni itaru yamai (illness is approaching you) (Edelritter Remix)
3. Tenyu - Rough Sea (Blacklolita Remix)

• Thanks 1

Wow! You actually cited one of my choices Ken, and not only that, my favourite of the three as well: I'm honoured! It's ironic, you know, since the night I spotted you talking about it on the Chatbox, I wasn't going to bother posting first of all. Like I stated right back at the beginning, on account of the ME/CFS, I didn't feel particularly good. However, the three tracks I picked popped into my head and I thought, what the hell. (^_^)

Speaking of which, in case it wasn't blatant enough already from how game orientated they all were, these were my choices:-

1) ARA - Area 4 (Capital City of Flowers in the Sky)
2) Composer for The Mystery of Gensokyo - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World
3) Yukari - Palace of the Earth Spirits

It's been a fun tournament in any event, and it's certainly given me a lot more insight into different varieties of music associated with Touhou Project. Thank you again everybody for taking part and making it all possible. (^_~)

Edited by SasaMisa
Inserting an edit.
  • Up 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

Let's see how much I can cover now.

4 hours ago, SasaMisa said:

2) Composer for The Mystery of Gensokyo - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World

This reminds me, I managed to track down a name to credit for arrangement! The group responsible for making the game was "Gekikara Spice," and the sound design for that group was handled by one "Raian F." FTR, and all that . . .

Also, "Yukari" was the sound designer for "Rainbow Sheep," and I'm more sure now that "ARA" is the famous Yoshiki 'ARA' CarrotWine.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, Gou the frog said:

that's is all I can remember from the 17 pages of musical discovery thread

I had to resist reacting to this statement at the time it was made, but now I want to clarify my utter shock and awe at the implications: You went through all seventeen pages of Musical Discoveries?! You have my utmost respect, my lad, and I hope our contributions over the years made it a worthwhile experience.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:32 AM, Gou the frog said:

Compare to the past tournaments, this sure is an up. Eight participants sure takes up those two months ay? 

Average round duration in past tournaments has been at least two-per-week, including RT5 which was our previous record at seven participants (technically six and this seven, depending on if you count the host as a "participant"). So I'm inclined to attribute the extended duration to more relaxed rate of review submission, hence my comment on round six. From my perspective as host, this was a difficult change to adjust to, as there is no precedent for the situation for me to fall back on (the closest we've gotten in the past was a discussion about reviews being submitted too quickly). Ultimately, I admit it didn't really cause any issues with the tournament itself, and I didn't notice any negative effects on the participants. However, as a relatively inactive [non]participant, the delay and extended duration was bit more taxing on me. This could just be something I need to adjust to, but I'm interested in hearing other thoughts on the matter, either in favor of the longer duration or in consideration of some alternatives.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:38 PM, buskerdog said:

Last time I said I would host the tourney after, so I'm ready to take up the role of the next host. I'm very busy at the moment and anticipate that I will continue to be for several months, so maybe expect the next one later rather than sooner; that being said it seems this tourney alone has lasted us a good while. Whenever the time for that next tourney comes, not needing to make comments myself as the host should suit my business.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:38 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

When are we gonna have the next one?

My thanks to you, busker.

In the past, the commencement of a new tournament is entirely dependent upon the discretion of the next host. We've experimented with a variety of timings, with the first few tournaments being a full six months apart and later tournaments averaging out to one every two-and-a-half months. If future tournaments are to be as lengthy in duration as this one, then I think we should assume a longer rest period; but the final decision will be left with busker. As always, further discussion on the matter is welcome.

5 hours ago, SasaMisa said:

It's been a fun tournament in any event, and it's certainly given me a lot more insight into different varieties of music associated with Touhou Project. Thank you again everybody for taking part and making it all possible. (^_~)

This, in essence, is everything I hope for with these activities. Thank you, and everyone else, for sharing your tastes, experiences, and considerations with all the rest of us! Lord willing, we will yet get to do this again!

I still want to get to that discussion on mashups, but I think I'll make that a separate post since this one has been all responses.

• Like 4

TTT