Touhou 19 prediction thread

sodaodaoda

Hello, I'm finally online after several weeks!

I've been thinking about Touhou 19 for a while now, thinking of what's it gonna be, the gimmicks, what characters are gonna appear and so on. I will admit that I am a bit impatient with waiting for a new 2hu title, especially since the last one came out, *looks at calendar* a year ago holy shit
So yeah, I like to imagine what things will appear next lol

Personally, I'd like the game to be a Phantasmagoria styled game, we haven't had that one since almost 20 years ago (lol), and honestly, the Phantasmagoria games are really damn fun imo (even if the AI is unfair a bit at times).
And if it's a bullet hell, I'd like a calm story, honestly (like EoSD, I'd say that game was pretty calm compared to, let's say, IN, SA or LoLK).

What would you guys like in 19?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

46 minutes ago, sodaodaoda said:

Personally, I'd like the game to be a Phantasmagoria styled game, we haven't had that one since almost 20 years ago (lol), and honestly, the Phantasmagoria games are really damn fun imo (even if the AI is unfair a bit at times).
And if it's a bullet hell, I'd like a calm story, honestly (like EoSD, I'd say that game was pretty calm compared to, let's say, IN, SA or LoLK).

Same I’d love a phantasmagoria game with all the new characters against each other and now there’s online multiplayer so that’ll be fun:KoishiXD:

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

I was actually thinking the same thing, you guys... I mean, UM pretty much bundled every mechanic ZUN's ever come up with in one game, therefore what really is there left to try at this point that hasn't already been done to death!? (#^_^#)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.
  • Like 2

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

44 minutes ago, Tayaya said:

Same I’d love a phantasmagoria game with all the new characters against each other and now there’s online multiplayer so that’ll be fun:KoishiXD:

Mannnn, online multiplayer would be fun af, especially if it's like via Steam or something like that.

30 minutes ago, SasaMisa said:

I was actually thinking the same thing, you guys... I mean, UM pretty much bundled every mechanic ZUN's ever come up with in one game, therefore what really is there left to try at this point that hasn't already been done to death!? (#^_^#)

Maybe there's still more stuff to be done? Who knows...
Also unrelated but UM was so damn fun because of those cards!

• Thinking 1
  • Stare 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

11 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

Mannnn, online multiplayer would be fun af, especially if it's like via Steam or something like that.

Heh, just as long as they don't mess it all up at launch, like they did with AoCF, eh? (^_~)

• Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

I originally had a multiple-paragraph message typed out going through my problems with the series right now, but after re-reading it I realized it was less about predictions and more just the ramblings of someone who cares way too much about characters appearing in more than one mainline game (why is Nue Houjuu being in TD the last time anyone introduced post-MoF showed up in a mainline game they weren't introduced in). So, put simply, I have no idea where this series is going, but a new Phantasmagoria game is realistically the only way we're getting new recurring characters in a mainline game, so I hope we get that. And a fighting game spinoff. I like those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I feel like touhou 9 is either gonna be about celestials, or it will wind up introducing another religion. the past 2 games have both expanded on things already present within the touhou world (17 being hell, 18 being the tengu) and so i believe that we will get more on either celestials or maybe even netherworld stuff... sanae will not be playable and will instead be reimu, marisa, youmu and reisen.

Edited by nightsedge561
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, Tayaya said:

Absolutely agree, a new phantasmagoria game would be super fun, especially considering a lot of the mechanics have been refined since the last one, it feels very overdue, whatever Touhou 19 ends up being though, I am excited regardless. :KoishiXD:

• 2 months later...