Potentially interesting game mechanics?

Queen Honeybumble

What are some game mechanics that you guys could see or would want to see in a future Touhou game? Like, if you could imagine what Touhou 19 would be like, or a similar style of game? 
For example: Maybe some kind of mouse cursor related ability? Like a switch that swaps between two sets of enemy bullets? A mechanic for possessing enemies for a time? Stuff like that. I wanna see what kind of cool ideas other people might have. I'm no game developer or anything either, I just figured that other people might have interesting imaginations and wondered what it'd be like to imagine them myself.

This isn't serious really so there are no stupid answers!

• Like 1

"I'm still trying to find the whereabouts of the heart,

now I have to find the bustling marketplace too? What the heck Zun?"

2069208610_ChimataEyes.png.e5c4f93eec188519fc7cb80192af2301.png

If there was a new fighting game. I would like a idea of a main mechanic being based off ramping up damage the longer one does a combo while also being allowed to a graze type counter allowing any attack to be reversed into the opponent starting a counter

Does that make sense, I think that makes sense

• Like 1

just bring back last word mechanic from Touhou 8 pls

I generally prefer Touhou games where the mechanics are more "pure" and less gimmicky, so I like things like the classic era games and DDC and still enjoy games like WBaWC and UM that have gimmicks, but am glad for the fact that each gimmick is only for one game. That being said, if I must come up with something new...

Maybe a skill tree system? Similar to UM's cards except instead of purchasing random cards with the currency you collect, you use it to open pre-determined bonuses in the skill tree. Most would be small bonuses that just give you a slight advantage in certain areas so you can tailor to your playstyle, but if you get right to the upper levels of the skill tree there could also be some crazier effects that can completely change how you play. And different characters would get their own skill trees, to make them distinct.

Another idea is just a good ol' charge shot (bound to a different button so you can still rapid fire, looking at you PoFV)

Hmmm you know what I like my ideas, maybe I should steal them

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

Does that make sense, I think that makes sense

I think it makes sense but also I'm neither very good or very knowledgeable on the fighting games. but it does sound interesting!

13 hours ago, Turbonator said:

3 handed gaming.

Yes. If you cannot grow a third hand, how can you be expected to grow the third brain required to play Touhou in the first place? :D

"I'm still trying to find the whereabouts of the heart,

now I have to find the bustling marketplace too? What the heck Zun?"

2069208610_ChimataEyes.png.e5c4f93eec188519fc7cb80192af2301.png