Do i need a VPN for the official game torrents?

Nahte23

• 2 weeks later...

I never got a notice from my ISP after years of torrenting, though I guess that's because geolocation of IPs in my country isn't really accurate (like you could be in Central Luzon in the Philippines but your IP shows you're in Metro Manila. That's really far). So I never bother with proxies and stuff. And I think you're more likely to go in trouble if you seed the torrent, not mere downloads. So you can simply configure your torrent client to just leech, not seed if you're really worried.

Also if you're going to use proxies for torrenting, don't use Tor. The Tor Project strongly discourages it, not only because it puts heavy load on their network, but also because it's almost always useless privacy-wise. Stick with a VPN instead, which has better support for torrenting.

• Up 1

Er, leeching kind of defeats the point of torrenting, don't you think? (^u^)

At any rate, for smaller doujin stuff, it's probably not an issue, but believe me, you start downloading recent releases of Hollywood movies or TV shows, you are absolutely going to get flagged by your ISP nowadays in the US, Western Europe & the Commonwealth countries, so I wouldn't risk it. Of course, why you would actually even be bothering with modern day woke material is beyond me, but that's an argument for different thread. (=^_^=)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

You dont really NEED a VPN to torrent...

Torrenting in itself is not illegal... It's only when you're misusing is when your ISP will look down on that.  ?

And honestly, exposing your real IP isn't a big deal. The most others will know is who your ISP is. It reveals your geolocation but not your precise location.

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

• 6 months later...

VPN is no longer relevant; many companies have begun to fight against it because of its popularity of VPN. And this is not surprising, as the company wants to know the real location of its customers. But to hide your real location, you can use proxy servers. I have been using the premium proxy to bypass regional blocking for several years. The proxy is an intermediary between your computer and the site you want to connect to. Thus, the proxy server guarantees a higher level of anonymity.

Edited by LqqsgsVgin

• 1 month later...