Touhou Merch

SasaMisa

Apologies if there's already a thread about this, but I was interested to see what everyone else has collection wise. Myself, I started out in 2014 with simply the Marisa nendoroid and the Suika figma, plus a few posters of varying sizes I printed out myself, or got Tesco or Jessops to do for me, and I was perfectly happy with that at the end of the day. (^_^)

Heh, until I found myself on Yahoo Auction a couple of years later looking for the Yoidore Suika fumofumo (I got one for a song... literally the only bidder). Now, I have over a million yen's worth of items all over my flat, including some incredibly unique ones from various Japanese creators. In fact, I had so much of it at one point from duplicate auctions, I started giving it away to my mate and other Touhou fans I've come across, such as TopNep & CastleToastM. (^_~)

I'll go into things in detail in a follow-up post if anyone wants to hear about it, though I'd like to sample your takes first.

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 2

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

I'm not sure why I didn't think to do this earlier, as in include the photos my mate took a while back of some of my collection, derp! (^_^;)

Bear in mind these are a few years out of date - it's grown to almost twice its original size since. I can't show it at the moment though, as the flat is still a bit of a mess from organising the last batch. Maybe in the future when I get through sorting all these damn boxes out. (=^_^=)

Hmm, it also currently won't let me upload anywhere near the 4.88MB it states, therefore I'll just add the first 3 images for the time being (I already halved their size and compressed the heck out of the files too).

Touhou Mono 1 (Dec 2018).jpg

Touhou Mono 2 (Dec 2018).jpg

Touhou Mono 3 (Dec 2018).jpg

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 5

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

Oh my god, your collection is amazing! I love how you arranged everything even if this was years ago and I'd love to see more in detail! 

I just started collecting recently though 90% is just Parsee related. Great to see another person from the UK too!

I usually use Booth to get artwork and short mangas, but I should check Buyee and more auctions as well.

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Lord above, that is a very humongous collection. I would not come as near as this considering I'm a bit broke and never had the chance to buy one. (Well, I want Raiko themed Taiko Drum.)

Anyways, you're truly enticing.

Edited by Gou the frog
Yep, twisted my words.
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

What are the norms and regulation in terms of selling Touhou mech? Can the doujins sell their products only in Japan, or they can export them to the rest of the world too? I was looking in the big cities of Romania, particularly in book shops for anything Touhou-related, but until now I have not found anything. I guess it would make sense if the groups would only be allowed to sell in small shops in Japan and at conventions...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CountVonNumenor said:

What are the norms and regulation in terms of selling Touhou mech? Can the doujins sell their products only in Japan, or they can export them to the rest of the world too? I was looking in the big cities of Romania, particularly in book shops for anything Touhou-related, but until now I have not found anything. I guess it would make sense if the groups would only be allowed to sell in small shops in Japan and at conventions...

Finding anything touhou related in central/eastern Europe is, well, impossible except for online shops.

• Thinking 1

Thanks for the kind replies, guys/gals! The restriction for uploads seems to be for each post as well, so here are the other 3 images... the last one is a quick cut & paste panoramic view Chris did on the spot for me. (^_^)

As to your inquiry, CountVonNumenor, I did touch on the fact I mostly use Buyee for my purchases now because it's convenient, although I did start out originally with Amazon and eBay; occasionally using Mandarake for the rarer stuff. It was finding the Yoidore Suika fumofumo on AmiAmi a while back, but it unfortunately being out of stock that clued me into the proxy services and the rest is history as they say.

Truth be told though, the rules for selling of merch are all over the place. Obviously, larger entities like Good Smile Company have offices in other countries, so it's no big deal for them to sell items outside of Japan and make a tidy profit too. With doujin works, however, it's generally tolerated so long as no real money is being made from it, which many of the disclaimers on the boxes definitely hint at (second generational work, cost of labour/materials only, modest format, that sort of thing). Like with CG collections/dojinshi, it's more about the fandom and recognition than becoming rich, something that is very different from the West - just take a look at dlsite to see what I mean. (^_~)

At any rate, I've contacted artists in the past who had no problem with selling me their stuff for example, and others who wouldn't even reply. For sure, there are creators who flat out won't sell to anyone outside of Japan, as I found out when I tried to bid on a Kisume garage kit on Yahoo previously. You have to remember as well that many Japanese nationals simply aren't comfortable with dealing with foreigners, although the ones that are can be very accommodating for people like me, who will probably never get to attend Comiket or Reitaisai in person.

Edited by SasaMisa
Missing images.
  • Like 3

An impressive collection, clearly you've been accumulating stuff for a long time!

My "collection" of course comes nowhere close, limited not only by the obvious problem of money, but also the fact that for whatever reason, I only buy Touhou merchandise in person. This of course means that my opportunities to actually buy anything a very few and far between, usually coming at conventions - and there's no guarantee I'll even find any affordable Touhou merch at a given convention, although so far, I haven't failed yet - it's taken a hell of a lot of searching sometimes, but I still manage to find something! I'm happy about what I do have though; the fact that I only buy things when I physically find them, coupled with the fact it's rare and takes effort to find them, makes getting them much more special for me, and I can remember the occasion of me buying every item I have.

And btw, I think we do already have another Touhou merch thread here. It's not active anymore but here anyway: https://moriyashrine.org/forums/topic/11-touhou-merch (Wow, topic 11??? That's hella old)

image.png.4c2f1045b495a1fd72efd825af5bb494.png

heh, I have that same Aya.

Edited by buskerdog
  • Up 1

There seems to be an issue with the attachments on the post above... I've asked Nitori for help to sort it out. (^u^)

Anyhow, nothing wrong with the personal touch, buskerdog. A lot of my best items are handmade, not merely something I ordered on GSC, which although very nice, are really just expensive mass-produced painted plastic as TopNep once said to me (right before he also went out and bought the 1/4 Reimu I pointed out to him). Oh, and my Aya is in need of repair incidentally; regrettably one of the risks of buying online.

Heh, and do you mean the zombie fairy, Issac? Yeah, she is super cute, isn't she? (^w^)

Edited by SasaMisa
Removing some text.

31 minutes ago, SasaMisa said:

Heh, and do you mean the zombie fairy, Issac? Yeah, she is super cute, isn't she? (^w^)

Yeah, the fairy is definitely cute. However, the person after the fairy seems even cuter! I wonder who that is? ^_^

• Like 1

You mean Parsee of course - she's actually moved to the top of the other shelf since and now rests next to Suika & Kasen, with Satori & Koishi still on the other side of an actual gourd full of genuine shochu (a story for another time).

I'm pretty sure she was the 3rd or 4th model I bought, and one of the cheapest at the time as well, relatively speaking because the Griffon models aren't exactly cheap at all for the most part. Iku for example, cost me £92 on Amazon and still remains one of my most expensive models. (*_*)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.

1 hour ago, SasaMisa said:

You mean Parsee of course - she's actually moved to the top of the other shelf since and now rests next to Suika & Kasen, with Satori & Koishi still on the other side of an actual gourd full of genuine shochu (a story for another time).

I'm pretty sure she was the 3rd or 4th model I bought, and one of the cheapest at the time as well, relatively speaking because the Griffon models aren't exactly cheap at all for the most part. Iku for example, cost me £92 on Amazon and still remains one of my most expensive models. (*_*)

So I tried looking for the Griffon figures of Parsee and found two models on Amazon. I couldn't find her anywhere else. Her base design costs over £1000 while the limited edition that you have now costs over £200. 

The base one is out of my league but I'm very tempted over the limited edition, I love her too much!

Edited by Isaac

Which one? I've got quite a few of Suika. If you mean the Griffon model, she's most definitely not for sale, being my favourite character and all. If you mean the fumofumo though, I might be persuaded to part with her since I do actually have a spare kicking about. (^_^)

As for Parsee: I bet I could get you one on Buyee for a lot cheaper than that, Issac. I just had a quick butchers at Yahoo Auction and prices are still round about 4000-8000 yen for most of the Griffon models, except for the really limited edition stuff. Okay, I didn't actually see her on there today, but there were several of the little oni, at least a couple of Medicine (I had real trouble getting one of her a couple of years ago) and both Yukari & Chen, and TWO Marisas in one auction, it must be an incident! (^_^;)

Check out this crazy version of Kogasa too:-

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/s1038961986?conversionType=service_page_search

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 1

Damn, you've got one hell of a collection and gotta say I'm impressed! Even for someone like me who can't afford to have a collection in the first place.

Edited by TheM3ds

25 minutes ago, SasaMisa said:

As for Parsee: I bet I could get you one on Buyee for a lot cheaper than that, Issac. I just had a quick butchers at Yahoo Auction and prices are still round about 4000-8000 yen for most of the Griffon models, except for the really limited edition stuff. Okay, I didn't actually see her on there today, but there were several of the little oni, at least a couple of Medicine (I had real trouble getting one of her a couple of years ago) and both Yukari & Chen, and TWO Marisas in one auction, it must be an incident! (^_^;)

Check out this crazy version of Kogasa too:-

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/s1038961986?conversionType=service_page_search

That kogasa one looks great! I'm worried about the condition of some of these figures on Buyee, but they appear to be fine. I would appreciate your help very much in finding Griffon models or even any figure of her that is reasonably priced.

Let's try attaching those remaining images again, shall we. (^_^)

Hmm, they are showing up fine now, but only if I insert them into the text itself, meaning they did upload successfully. Must have something to do with that last image since it is a bit on the wide side, eh! (^_^;)

404891962_TouhouMono4(Dec2018).thumb.jpg.6accd73700f459b59667b276dd00ee58.jpg2110145011_TouhouMono5(Dec2018).thumb.jpg.dcac87d4c96dbf614e032216596bfd47.jpg828882730_TouhouMono6(Dec2018).thumb.jpg.ce7c726ecf608b504df3756400d3b1a3.jpg

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 4:45 PM, vlad07 said:

Finding anything touhou related in central/eastern Europe is, well, impossible except for online shops.

And if I want to get some merch delivered here, make sure they actually do deliver to Romania, and it will not cost me a kidney, what websites/platforms are preferred? Also, if I could pay in cash/at delivery would be excellent (don't have a credit card). 

spacer.png

On 5/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, SasaMisa said:

Let's try attaching those remaining images again, shall we. (^_^)

Hmm, they are showing up fine now, but only if I insert them into the text itself, meaning they did upload successfully. Must have something to do with that last image since it is a bit on the wide side, eh! (^_^;)

404891962_TouhouMono4(Dec2018).thumb.jpg.6accd73700f459b59667b276dd00ee58.jpg2110145011_TouhouMono5(Dec2018).thumb.jpg.dcac87d4c96dbf614e032216596bfd47.jpg828882730_TouhouMono6(Dec2018).thumb.jpg.ce7c726ecf608b504df3756400d3b1a3.jpg

I see Eiki. Neurons activated.

• Haha 1

#Freemyhomie @edoll

2022-04-15_232522126557710.png.79116fe0de14dbdf71665c47f176d52e.png

Yorha_caught_lacking.png.d7f02e51b345581f030f737c9759e11e.png

She's actually with all the MoF characters now, Turbonator, along with Komachi of course, on a big modified shelf I made up after I stupidly tried to move those boards you can see in the first photo with all the models still on them to the left of my fridge. Heh, I still haven't repaired Sanae's damaged gohei, although I did sort out Kanako & Nitori, who both had a foot snap off when they came away from their bases... oops! (#^_^#)

Incidentally, what you see in these 6 images is only around half of what I have now. They don't show any of the stuff in the other rooms of my flat, nor the huge pile of dakimakura, various plushes, key holders, cards, CDs, etc. on the walls adjacent to my bed. Yeah, in short, there isn't anywhere you can look where there isn't something Touhou related - and that doesn't even include all the tapestries, scrolls, posters, clear files, pencil boards, tote bags, badges, manga, dojinshi, and what have you that I haven't even begun to sort through from my last spending spree, which I've stowed in a huge plastic garden chest along another wall for the time being. (^_~)

Also, I have mentioned Buyee a few times already, CVN, and Romania is on the list of countries they ship to. Just be careful when you bid on items because it's very easy to get carried away and wind up with a consignment that is so big, it won't all fit in one box, like I did (it ended up as 4 the last outing). Be wary of the postage & customs fees too as they really can rack up if you're not careful, even if you are lucky enough to secure a bargain. (*_*)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.

3 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

And if I want to get some merch delivered here, make sure they actually do deliver to Romania, and it will not cost me a kidney, what websites/platforms are preferred? Also, if I could pay in cash/at delivery would be excellent (don't have a credit card). 

Here in poland most touhou stuff is on Allegro, which is just the polish version of ebay really. Idk about proper merch sites ( amiami for example ) but they probably ship to your country as well.