What Is Your Favorite Video Game Character Of All Time?

To start off, there're a lot of awesome characters and it might differ from people preferences. 

Well, I'll keep it short. My absolute favorite is The Mad Dog Of Shimano "Goro Majima" from Yakuza series. The guy is mind-blowinging good he has  Yachie level brain, Junko degree of backstory and is carefree like Yuugi. (My Headcannon: Yuuma in Yakuza is Majima)

Anyways, what're your favorites? 

• Like 2

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

7 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

That's hard, I love alucard from Castlevania sotn but it's a copout because that just happens to be my favorite game.

If I had to pick one character it would have to be Mario, simple though he may be. One can't beat the classics

At first, soldier from TF2 is my favorite. There're simply a lot of cool characters form our beloved franchises.

Of course, you can't beat the classic plumber can't you? He sure is iconic. 

• Like 2

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Hey again! I have many favourites so I'll name just a few.

Mario is one of them and as you said he's too iconic for good reason. I'm sure we all love him.

I also love Vivi from Final Fantasy IX. His black mage design is cute and his moments in the game are heartwarming! There are more amazing characters in Final Fantasy I could talk about, but IX is my favourite one!

Link and Zelda are great as well! They're iconic and seeing them together is always nice. I'm a huge fan of their designs and I think elves are the cutest.

I'm sure you know who my favourite is from touhou too.

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 3

(I swear I replied earlier today)

Don't know if I could narrow it down but I've been playing some kirb lately so King Dedede is on my mind.

Was one of my mains when I played Smash 4.

Spoiler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrhshuEWwAEXLTu?format=jpg&name=orig

• Like 1

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif

3 hours ago, Tenkko said:
3 hours ago, Tenkko said:

(I swear I replied earlier today)

Don't know if I could narrow it down but I've been playing some kirb lately so King Dedede is on my mind.

Was one of my mains when I played Smash 4.

Hide contents

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrhshuEWwAEXLTu?format=jpg&name=orig

That swagger is the only reason to main dedede

Oh I do have a favorite character. Vivian from paper Mario the thousand year door. I loved her character arc and move set, even bought a custom made plush of her

• Like 1

Well mac, there's a lot amazing characters and even if we make a tier or favorite out of 'em, we still like 'em a lot.

There're no judging system, just people trying to appreciate characters. At the end of the day, even If I say my fav is Majima, doesn't mean that I don't like others.

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

A tough one indeed, not least because I've played so many games over the last 45 years. I mean, do I say Wonder Boy since he played a very big part in my life for many a long year in his various incarnations, or do I say Ninon Beart because I now regard her as my modern day waifu. Heh, I suppose if we were to include Touhou Project in all of this, the list would be so long, I'd undoubtedly be talking about the topic for days. (=^_^=)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

12 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Oh, sorry. I misread the title of the thread. This is what happens when you write late in the night instead of sleeping. Should I just delete the reply?

Nah, don't worry too much about. It's tough to have a fav character so, have a good time enjoying the characters that you adore Tiger.

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

I'm torn between Axl from Guilty Gear, Revali from BotW and Ranulf from Fire Emblem, Axl because he's just a genuinely fun, likeable character (can't stand playing as him though), Revali because "cocky asshole who's also legitimately powerful" is one of my favorite kinds of character and Ranulf because mmmmm hot catboy

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Other than Aya ofc it would probably be IJN Kaga from Azur Lane. I just like naval history (I have scale models of the 1st,2nd,&5th Car Divisions of the Kido Butai(Only Hiryu is fully painted and decaled)) so I got addicted to the game.

• Like 2

Damn that's kinda difficult to answer considering I have many favorite characters so I'll pin-point them down per series:

-Metal Gear: Kazuhira Miller, Raiden (MGR), Liquid Snake, Gray Fox, Big Boss, The Boss

-Shin Megami Tensei/persona: Yuzuru Akie (Joe), Atsuro, Nemissa, Ari Ban, Law hero(?), Demi-Fiend solely for his design, Maya Amano (Even though I still need to play Persona 2), Eikichi Mishina

-Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe, Godot (I'll still need to play the squeals), Ema Skye

-Final Fantasy: Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart (Still need to play his game though), Rydia, Locke Cole, Celes Chere(?)

-Touhou: Fujuwara no Mokou (This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone), kirisame Marisa, Reisen, Satori, Hijiri Byakuren, Yuuka, Junko, Lapislazuli Hecatia (Because I love her design), Ibaraki Kasen

-Mega Man: Honestly just Zero (Both in Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero)

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Edit: I forgot bring up characters from Chrono Trigger like Robo, Ayla and Frog or Erik and Sylvando from Dragon Quest XI but honestly I haven't played too many JRPG's so I couldn't think of any other characters that were noteworthy to me.

Edited by TheM3ds
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheM3ds said:

Damn that's kinda difficult to answer considering I have many favorite characters so I'll pin-point them down per series:

-Metal Gear: Kazuhira Miller, Liquid Snake, Gray Fox, Big Boss, The Boss

-Shin Megami Tensei: Yuzuru Akie (Joe), Atsuro, Nemissa, Ari Ban, Law hero(?), Demi-Fiend solely for his design, Maya Amano (Even though I still need to play Persona 2), Eikichi Mishina

-Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe, Godot (I'll still need to play the squeals), Ema Skye

-Final Fantasy: Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart (Still need to play his game though), Rydia, Locke Cole, Celes Chere(?)

-Touhou: Fujuwara no Mokou (This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone), kirisame Marisa, Reisen, Satori, Hijiri Byakuren, Yuuka, Junko, Lapislazuli Hecatia (Because I love her design), Ibaraki Kasen

-Mega Man: Honestly just Zero (Both in Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero)

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Great to see some of your favourites, especially from Final Fantasy and touhou. I need to play Shin Megami Tensei at some point considering how much I loved the Persona games.

I keep reaching the maximum limit for liking posts way too quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Great to see some of your favourites, especially from Final Fantasy and touhou. I need to play Shin Megami Tensei at some point considering how much I loved the Persona games.

I keep reaching the maximum limit for liking posts way too quickly.

Thank you! I've only played Final Fantasy IV, VI and VII but I do love some of the characters in this series, Squall especially, on another note: I still need to play the Persona series myself, I've been wanting to play Persona 4 Golden but I haven't gone around it sadly (what with my craptop and everything).

If you ever get into SMT just be warned: The games can be HARD but there also a blast to play, I'd say if your ever craving a challenge then definitely give the series a shot, it's worth it.

Also Marisa is cool.

Edited by TheM3ds
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say Kirby. He's a cute little puffball that can literally do anything (as long as he inhales the correct enemy), and defeated several gods.

Edited by Ka Takane
might as well put a relevant comment lol
  • Like 1