What Touhou character do you dislike the most?

sodaodaoda

For me, it's definitely Joon, she doesn't care about anyone, not even her sister, and she's wasteful. Although, considering that she takes pride in being Gensokyo's most hated person, I think that was intentional.

What about everyone else?

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

Jo'on is most certainly a prick, but I actually like her as an antagonist. While blatantly selfish, her motivations are also understandable, and her strategy for preventing any of the protagonists from beating her is actually really clever. Without going too much into spoilers, seeing Yukari pull the old UNO reverse card on her has to be one of the most satisfying moments in the story of any Touhou game for me.

My least favourite character: Medicine Melancholy... why does this character even exist? The only thing I remember about her from PoFV is the poison fog clouds which cripple your movement and make it hard to see. Also, her theme is creepy...

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Personally, I really do not have a character that I hate per se. Worst case scenario, I would just say that they are less interesting to me, and I would just go with the sorter. But since last positions are occupied by PC-98 characters about which I have absolutely no idea who they are, I will include both the rock bottom character, and the lest favorite one from the Windows era (with which I am much more familiar):

• Rock bottom: Kikuri (PC-98) - can anyone explain to me who she is, where she came from and what she does?
  • Least favorite (Windows era): Ebisu Eika - I am sorry Eika, but I literally know close to nothing about you; besides, I really did not manage to get so much interest for you either, being stuck as just a Stage 1 boss in a game from which I actually managed to get one of my top 10 favorites (Mayumi on #7 spot); nor have I managed to find yet any bot of redeeming fan creation to put you into value and make things more interesting
Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 3

spacer.png

Hmm I would have to say design wise it's komachi, her look just doesn't work for me

Character wise, shou she gets shoved to the side by ichirin immediately and her quirk of "losing a pagoda" is not good imo. Which is a waste since she's bishamonten which should be a cool idea and relationship with Byakuren but instead she gets forgotten about

• Like 1
  • Up 1

I wouldn't say "dislike", but I love to hate Suwako. Something about the weird frog/girl/nature-god thing to me begs the question of "what was ZUN drinking when he made her?" because I want a pint! And what's with her hat? Is it alive? Is it a brain parasite that controls her actions?

Edited by ruthlessRuthenian128
emphasis
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ichirin, but only because she feels kinda mediocre and boring compared to the rest of the UFO cast and I'm mad she got a character slot in the new fighting games instead of literally anyone else from that game

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Ichirin, but only because she feels kinda mediocre and boring compared to the rest of the UFO cast and I'm mad she got a character slot in the new fighting games instead of literally anyone else from that game

I think people like ichirin purely because of unzan and his unapologetic brofisting ways.... though poor shou getting shafted because of it

• Up 1

I don't personally have any hatred for any character in Touhou. If I have to say, Most of the time, I've no info about Pc-98 Characters. According to the sorter in the bottomless place, there's Kikuri. (Like Von) I have no idea about her. Maybe, I'll change my view of her in the future.

In the window era, I once found myself disliking Seija Kijin, but that all changed after I researched her and 4 months had passed. There was something strange in my mind: I believe she flipped my opinions about her.

Although, I'm quite pissed at Yuuka for Mater Sparking in Louts Land Story. Thus ending my 1cc. 

• Like 1

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, you know, I think Touhou has to be the first series ever where I can't definitively say I dislike anybody. Okay, I do find some characters very disturbing, frightening even (Yukari would be my top choice for that moniker), but they are all just so interesting and enigmatic in their own way, despite being people-eating monsters for the most part. Precisely how ZUN does it is beyond me, although I wish he would educate the West a little in how to create likable female characters because boy do we need them nowadays. (T_T)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

On 5/3/2022 at 5:08 AM, SasaMisa said:

Hmm, you know, I think Touhou has to be the first series ever where I can't definitively say I dislike anybody. Okay, I do find some characters very disturbing, frightening even (Yukari would be my top choice for that moniker), but they are all just so interesting and enigmatic in their own way, despite being people-eating monsters for the most part. Precisely how ZUN does it is beyond me, although I wish he would educate the West a little in how to create likable female characters because boy do we need them nowadays. (T_T)

Yukari is pretty scary but damn shes probably the most perty one

• Up 1

I don't particularly hate or dislike any character themselves but Sannyo and Misumaru's attacks make me really mad >:C
Actually scratch that if I go way backwards, I don't like Parsee. I don't like her attacks and I don't like her attitude fr fr. I guess in that same vein that darn amanojaku Seija kinds ticks me off too but not quite the same way. I can at least enjoy her but for some reason Parsee fills me with an alternative rage I cannot describe

"I'm still trying to find the whereabouts of the heart,

now I have to find the bustling marketplace too? What the heck Zun?"

2069208610_ChimataEyes.png.e5c4f93eec188519fc7cb80192af2301.png

3 hours ago, Queen Honeybumble said:

I don't particularly hate or dislike any character themselves but Sannyo and Misumaru's attacks make me really mad >:C
Actually scratch that if I go way backwards, I don't like Parsee. I don't like her attacks and I don't like her attitude fr fr. I guess in that same vein that darn amanojaku Seija kinds ticks me off too but not quite the same way. I can at least enjoy her but for some reason Parsee fills me with an alternative rage I cannot describe

There isn't anyone I dislike at all, I think everyone is great! Shame about your feelings on Parsee who is my favourite. However, I'm not surprised given the way she's been treated a lot in fandom.

I talked more about my hatred of this in the 'Flanderization of touhou characters' topic as well.

Edited by Isaac

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

There isn't anyone I dislike at all, I think everyone is great! Shame about your feelings on Parsee who is my favourite. However, I'm not surprised given the way she's been treated a lot in fandom.

I talked more about my hatred of this in the 'Flanderization of touhou characters' topic as well.

Okay, you know what? Maybe I was too hard on Parsee. Maybe I can come to like her too. It's totally possible I was falling into the extra fandom headspace, as hard as I try to avoid it. While I didn't exactly have a clear idea in the first place and didn't really think of her like how it seems she might be sometimes portrayed I also might not have let myself try to understand very clearly. I humbly beg forgiveness >.< thank you for helping me open my eyes a little

• Like 1

"I'm still trying to find the whereabouts of the heart,

now I have to find the bustling marketplace too? What the heck Zun?"

2069208610_ChimataEyes.png.e5c4f93eec188519fc7cb80192af2301.png

3 hours ago, Queen Honeybumble said:

Okay, you know what? Maybe I was too hard on Parsee. Maybe I can come to like her too. It's totally possible I was falling into the extra fandom headspace, as hard as I try to avoid it. While I didn't exactly have a clear idea in the first place and didn't really think of her like how it seems she might be sometimes portrayed I also might not have let myself try to understand very clearly. I humbly beg forgiveness >.< thank you for helping me open my eyes a little

Please don't worry about it, I thought similar ways as you when I first discovered touhou. I'm glad my opinion on a lot of characters changed once I played the games and found out more stuff about them. Thanks for understanding my point of view as well!

Edited by Isaac

I like Parsee myself and she was one of the first Griffon models I ever purchased - comparatively cheaply at the time too as I recall. I guess seeing her cute little sprite wandering around that cave with all those iron golems in Touhou Hack and Slash, coupled with an excellent rendition of 'Green Eyed Jealousy' playing in the background (heh, not that I knew it back then), did that to me. (=^_^=)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

3 hours ago, SasaMisa said:

I like Parsee myself and she was one of the first Griffon models I ever purchased - comparatively cheaply at the time too as I recall. I guess seeing her cute little sprite wandering around that cave with all those iron golems in Touhou Hack and Slash, coupled with an excellent rendition of 'Green Eyed Jealousy' playing in the background (heh, not that I knew it back then), did that to me. (=^_^=)

Great to hear! I'm not sure what Griffon figures were, so when I searched up Parsee, she looked so adorable. I would love to know more places where they make figures of all the characters. I usually check Good Smile and Ami Ami but they are limited to the most popular characters.

I was interested in knowing more about her before playing SA, but as soon as I heard her theme in game, I knew she'd always be my favourite.

28 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Great to hear! I'm not sure what Griffon figures were, so when I searched up Parsee, she looked so adorable. I would love to know more places where they make figures of all the characters. I usually check Good Smile and Ami Ami but they are limited to the most popular characters.

I was interested in knowing more about her before playing SA, but as soon as I heard her theme in game, I knew she'd always be my favourite.

Yeah, SA really does have some powerful themes and characters (Kisume is my favourite there by the way, but Orin is by far the best of the Griffon models in my opinion), with only TD winning out over it for me personally on an emotional level. (^_^)

As for the figures: I now use Buyee myself, which is a proxy service for any popular Japanese website you care to mention. It can get pretty expensive with the fees, postage and customs charges, yet I kid you not that it's possible to obtain things on Yahoo Auction Japan for next to nothing, like I did with a personalised image of Keine for a mere 1 yen the first time I used it. (^u^)

Edited by SasaMisa
Adding some text.
  • Like 1