What Are Your Top 10 Favorite Touhou Character And Your Experience With Touhou? (Definitely not trying to start any series, or taking notes to members)

Gou the frog

I'm not sure I have ten favorites; the vast majority of characters fall into my "other" category. All this talk about a sorter (which I was previously unaware of) has caught my interest, so I may have to try it (though the implied time commitment is concerning). Off hand, I suppose I'll add Kosuzu and Rinnosuke to my previous list of eight: for the former, I am a bibliophile, too; for the latter, the potential of unique perspective within the world (but this is tentative, as I am without context).

• Like 1

TTT

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Isaac said:

Using a sorter seems more useful in deciding your favourites compared to a tier list. I think its difficult to place characters in ranks and I probably won't put anyone under an A.

I agree. That is why I also like using the character sorter. Also, it helps me a lot at the popularity poll(s) in order to pick the (now 7?) 2hus you can add, as well as the favorite one (#1 usually gets 2 points from what I've seen) 

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

1. Sariel(It just feels...different and unique compared to any other TP character...? And I firmly believe Sariel has the best character design in the series. Sariel simultaneously feels like it belongs and doesn’t belong in TP at the same time, and I just think it/she/he's really neat. Plus it's lore being a Fallen Angel gives it extra badassery points)

2. Cirno

3. Yuugi

4. Clownpiece 

5. Okina

6. Mamizou

7. Sumireko

8. Renko

9. Sagume

10. Yuuka

Honorable mention: ZUN, Shinki, Rinnosuke

Edit: Sariel also looks like it's straight out Shin Megami Tensei, and I cannot stress enough how much I FREAKING LOVE SMT. And finally, I'm also Catholic, so seeing Touhou of all franchises pay homage to beings like Angels from the Bible almost always pleases me.

images.png

download (18).jpg

download (17).jpg

MetatronSMT2.jpg

Edited by Scyzer
  • Like 1

I've only just noticed this thread, and I wasn't aware a character sorter existed either, so I'll just cut & paste my list for now:-

01) Suika Ibuki

02) Marisa Kirisame

03) Youmu Konpaku

04) Patchouli Knowledge

05) Kisume

06) Yoshika Miyako

07) Nitori Kawashiro

08) Yuuka Kazami

09) Futo Mononobe

10) Mima

Fair to say that if it hadn't have been for Wandering Souls, I probably still wouldn't have any serious interest in Touhou Project, much beyond the random artwork I was seeing appear on various image boards. There certainly wouldn't be around a 2.5 million yen collection of almost 500 figurines, plushes, books, CDs, bags, clear files, badges, keychains, posters, tapestries, and other assorted items, that's for sure. (^_~)

Edited by SasaMisa
Word substitution.
  • Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

• 3 months later...

1 - Marisa [I really love how cute she is in both windows and pc-98 versions, her design is amazing and i also have memories about her from even before knowing touhou, since i played a GTA:SA mod that added a Master Spark for CJ xd. Also because her fumo is the cutest in my opinion and her yukkuri is so funny xd]

2 - Cirno [She's funny and i remember listening several songs about her before getting into touhou, actually, she was how i discovered touhou since i found her fumo before all the other ones and already saw memes about her since a long time]

3 - Patchouli [She looks so calm and introvert, idk why but i find it really cool about her as a character, she has a most powerful character look-like (even without being xd), also look smart and certainly is a character with a really cute clothing! Specially her hat with a cute moon, it reminds me of PC-98 Marisa (my favorite version of her) xd]

4 - Clownpiece [I suffered in the battle against her, that's a amazing memory. But not only that, she's also the funniest character for me xd]

5 - Chen [I remember watching all the videos of a channel called Primantiss, there was very cute Chen videos! Sadly it stopped posting 6 years ago and now focus on, uh, not of my interest stuff on Twitter]

6 - Remilia [I remember a cute song with her and Flandre about pudding. And she also has one of the cutest looks in the series for me]

7 - Yuyuko [She's trying to eat my TV controller]

8 - Mokou [I actually just like her look xd]

9 - Meiling [Her battles has one of my favorite themes (Shanghai Teahouse - Chinese Tea), and like most my favorite characters, she has a really nice style and clothing, idk why but i'd can imagine her in a shooting game as a main character xd]

10 - Eirin [I love her theme (Gensokyo Millenium - History of the Moon), is certainly one of my favorites, she look like someone really wise and powerful, it makes me find her so cool!]

About my experience with touhou, i can't say i'm someone with a lot of knowledge about it, i actually started liking it some months ago and i have so much to learn, but i really love it!

Basically everything started when my ex-girlfriend showed me a Cirno fumo, and then i started getting interested into fumos, and well, with that i started downloading the games to play, i started with mobile games (Touhou: Thousand Night Anamnesis and some others with japanese names that idk how to write xd) and watching several videos about memes, fumos and some about the lore too!

Then i found the forum and downloaded the PC games too, i managed to beat TH6 [Normal mode] , TH8 [Normal mode] and TH10 [Hard mode] (and also the Thousand Night Anamnesis, i completed it in Normal and Hard, now i'm doing it in Lunatic xd)

I really love Touhou and mostly this forum! Even though i'm new into it, i'd love to know more about it!

R.png.a3342f3b88f67254714c43c67ae6f17f.pngFumoMarisa.png.746a508fab9d3a87280f1c90d5f4210e.png

• Like 1
  • Up 1