What Are Your Top 10 Favorite Touhou Character And Your Experience With Touhou? (Definitely not trying to start any series, or taking notes to members)

Gou the frog

I couldn't decide on who my top 10 favourites were, so I used a sorter to help me out. It's not 100% accurate and there isn't any I dislike regardless of their rank. Parsee ❤️ 

sort-2022-04-20(14_47_26).png

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 4

according to a sorter my top 10 is
10 Flandre
9 Kosuzu
8 Star (no idea how she got into my top 10 when neither of the other Faries of Light did, Luna is my favourite of the 3 but the sorter ended with her in 14th place)
7 Satori
6 Sakuya
5 Patchouli
4 Medicine
3 Tenshi
2 Kyouko
1 Mystia

in case my top 2 don't make it obvious I've been playing a lot of Mystia's Izakaya

• Like 2

1 - Aya

2 - Komachi

3 - Saki

4 - Utsuho

5 - Sumireko

6 - Mamizou

7 - Futo (this one's 90% just for how she plays in the fighting games)

8 - Yuugi

9 - Mokou

10 - Marisa

And if we're counting fangames (which I know we're not but shhh), replace Marisa with Homura from Glory of Deep Skies.

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

1 - Aya

2 - Komachi

3 - Saki

4 - Utsuho

5 -Sumireko

6 - Mamizou

7 - Futo (this one's 90% just for how she plays in the fighting games)

8 - Yuugi

9 - Mokou

10 - Marisa

And if we're counting fangames (I know we're not but shhh), replace Marisa with Homura from Glory of Deep Skies.

Aya FTWWW

• Like 2

Hmmm, I haven't done sorter in a long time, maybe now I should go and do it again... I guess I'll come back and make a post here later with my list and my experiences with Touhou, although since I've been on this forum a good while, I'm sure you could dig up such information if you found past posts of mine.

My favourite is Reimu (unsurprisingly).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

i will never forget the fact they turnen chen into a loan shark

东方夜雀食堂 - Touhou Mystia's Izakaya - · Touhou Mystia's Izakaya (App 1584090)  · SteamDB

Mystia's Izakaya is quite a cute game. I have been watching AspreyFM play it live, and whenever he says the lines for Chen, the accent chosen cracks me up. Also, I find the idea of having Chen as a loan shark rather amusing to begin with. 

(when are we gonna get this game in here?)

Edited by CountVonNumenor

spacer.png

I was JUST talking about my top 5 Touhou characters with a friend of mine, so here's my top 10:
1.Utsuho  (Well...that one is quite obvious)
2.Yukari 
3.Alice
4.Youmu
5.Mokou
6.Koishi
7.Reisen
8.Marisa
9.Byakuren (Have to thank a friend of mine for introducing me to her)
10.Rinnosuke

• Like 4

For me, the current top 10 would be

1. Hieda no Akyuu
  2. Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu
  3. Renko Usami
  4. Maribel Hearn
  5. Youmu Konpaku
  6. Yuuka Kazami
  7. Mayumi Joutouguu
  8. Raiko Horikawa
  9. Tenkyuu Chimata 
  10. Utsuho Reiuji

spacer.png

Why I like each of them, at least in terms of what the fandom has created about them, is something I have written about in one of my first threads since I joined the Shrine almost 2 months ago 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Oh man, whenever I do a character sorter I have trouble deciding which one of them I like over the other since there's so many to work with, while this doesn't perfectly represent my tastes, I've done the best I can to sort out my favorites. I had to exclude characters from the PC-98 era so that means no mima, shinki or kotohime sadly, I also excluded the printed works and music CD's here too, sorry to all the Renko and Marble fans. (For some reason I couldn't crop the image the way I wanted to but oh well this sorter was already a mess anyway).

I'm glad to see some people here love Mokou, Mokou fans are cool.

Edit: I forget to mention that I've also excluded characters from Touhou 17, 17.5 and 18, so if you don't see anyone from those games on this sorter list then that's why.

sort-2022-04-20(18 29 23).png

Edited by TheM3ds
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Akira Diamond said:

I was JUST talking about my top 5 Touhou characters with a friend of mine, so here's my top 10:
1.Utsuho  (Well...that one is quite obvious)
2.Yukari 
3.Alice
4.Youmu
5.Mokou
6.Koishi
7.Reisen
8.Marisa
9.Byakuren (Have to thank a friend of mine for introducing me to her)
10.Rinnosuke

Despite Okuu being my 3rd, SA is definitely my fav cause of her boss battle.

Edited by Tayaya
misspell
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Now that I realized, where is my No.2 & No.8, I don't think the sorter can handle me: Most of the time it being ties.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:10 PM, Isaac said:

Loving the Mokou and Yuugi respect! SA is my favourite one too!

Well, for me it's between SA or MS. Wait, where's IN?

Edited by Gou the frog
I must be sleepy when I said there's no IN.
  • Like 1

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Aw man, it's hard to pick a top 10, but here's my top 5:
1. Alice Margatroid
2. Hong Meiling
3. Marisa Kirisame
4. Youmu Konpaku
5. Yukari Yakumo

Although, I also like Ran, Yuuka, Komachi, Eiki, Kogasa, and more, but they are more general likes, not favorites (but they're still cool tho :3)

As for the general experience, I can only say positive things. I adore Touhou, I love every part of its lore and I love the characters, and at this point, Touhou is one of the few things that make me genuinely happy.

• Like 3

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

Alright, here are my updated sorter results for 2022. Unsurprising that Reimu and Marisa stay at the top, but interesting to see that Sakuya has fallen off. Also apparently I have 3 no. 6, haha what??? I would probably reorder those ties like so: 6: Mokou, 7 Patchouli, and 8 Kaguya. Just a disclaimer, I did remove PC-98, Manga and some spinoff characters to save myself some time, but on second thought maybe I shouldn't have because Kosuzu is amazing.

OK, so it turns out I've used up all of my image upload space, so I guess I just have to type out what my top 10 were:

1. Reimu Hakurei

2. Marisa Kirisame

3. Yukari Yakumo

4. Keine Kamishirasawa

5. Alice Margatroid

6. Kaguya Houraisan

Also 6. Patchouli Knowledge

Also 6. Fujiwara no Mokou

9. Yuyuko Saigyouji

10. Sanae Kochiya

I've always loved the official material ever since I got into it, from the moment I started Touhou 6 I knew I was getting into something special, and the fact that ZUN is so open about fan works has only made the whole thing even better, as it's added a whole other layer of things to enjoy about Touhou. The fact he's also a solo developer and the whole doujin culture thing has really been a huge source of inspiration to me, as someone who fancies indie game development.

• Like 2