The Gensokyo Zone series: a Touhou/Twilight Zone crossover

Tangentg

You pass through the Hakurei Barrier from being spirited away. Beyond it is another realm. A realm not only of fantasy and illusion, but of magic. You’ve just crossed over… into the Gensokyo Zone.

The Gensokyo Zone is a fanimation/fancomic series I've been working on. At the time of this posting, it is still an on-going series, currently with 6 (and rising) episodes. Take a short trip into the unknown an unexpected in this Touhou/Twilight Zone crossover!

Inspired by Rumia's LostWord spell card Twilight Zone, I wondered, how would it be like if Rumia hosted such a show? Wonder how many of you are, like me, both a fan of Touhou and Twilight Zone?

Info: https://tangent-ghwaang.fandom.com/wiki/The_Gensokyo_Zone

Youtube playlist of the episodes:

u

• Like 4

Rumina: you are now wondering why I'm trying this text, you may wonder if I'm t-posing or not (I'm not you sick degenerates) now your wondering what story I plan to tell you this time......the story is

Jo'on being taught manners by Byakuren mwahahaha.....wait that's not the gensokyo zone, that's happening right now

On 4/23/2022 at 12:10 PM, Darksymphony777 said:

Rumina: you are now wondering why I'm trying this text, you may wonder if I'm t-posing or not (I'm not you sick degenerates) now your wondering what story I plan to tell you this time......the story is

Jo'on being taught manners by Byakuren mwahahaha.....wait that's not the gensokyo zone, that's happening right now

Well, Ex Rumia sure is T-posing in mine at least haha

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, Tangentg said:

The Gensokyo Zone ep 9: The Blue Sculptor

Keiki gives Mayumi a vacation... but warns her to stay out of Room 22...
https://youtu.be/bYxKpRinvCU

I wanted to say that I really like these. I was going to make a comment about the Eirin and Mokou one on "placebo effect", but just as I noticed the new video with Keiki and Mayumi. I really wonder what Room 22 hides in... (already watched, but gonna keep it a secret)

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 5/31/2022 at 5:01 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

I wanted to say that I really like these. I was going to make a comment about the Eirin and Mokou one on "placebo effect", but just as I noticed the new video with Keiki and Mayumi. I really wonder what Room 22 hides in... (already watched, but gonna keep it a secret)

Thank you for your support! Please do make a comment on any that you have something to say about. Even though I've made 9 of these, since I never hear any kind of feedback, I've just kinda been under the impression that no one really enjoys them aside from 5 people or so, so if you have something to say, please do let me know! What did you think?

And heheh yeah, mystery Room 22!

Also, I added the Ex Rumia (the Gensokyo Zone) article on my Wiki just now. Now our host of darkness has her own, albeit short, article!

https://tangent-ghwaang.fandom.com/wiki/Ex_Rumia_(the_Gensokyo_Zone)

Edited by Tangentg
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tangentg said:

Soo.... @CountVonNumenor Didn't you have something to say on the Placebo episode? Saw you liking my post but you didn't reply.

I made The Gensokyo Zone ep 10: A Place with Nobody

Nitori finds herself utterly alone in Gensokyo... Or is she?

https://youtu.be/qUgGHvMc61A

Do you mean me leaving a new comment here or on the YouTube video? Honestly, I really forgot to do that, as I got myself with other things to do today. Oh, also nice to see there is a new episode. 

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Do you mean me leaving a new comment here or on the YouTube video? Honestly, I really forgot to do that, as I got myself with other things to do today. Oh, also nice to see there is a new episode. 

You said you wanted to say something about the Placebo episode. I just wanted to know what it was. Any form of feedback would be great really, regardless of whether it's here or on Youtube. Thanks.

Oh, if I remember well, what I wanted to say back then was that the whole concept of "placebo effect" is interesting. Like trying to believe very intensely one thing is the way you thing it is, even if it defies the rules of logic. It reminds me quite a bit of Warhammer 40K and the whole WAAAGH thing the Orks have. Even if slightly misinterpreted, the idea is that if enough Orks gather and believe in something, the thing might actually work the way they want, technically shifting reality. 

spacer.png

On 6/5/2022 at 1:00 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

Oh, if I remember well, what I wanted to say back then was that the whole concept of "placebo effect" is interesting. Like trying to believe very intensely one thing is the way you thing it is, even if it defies the rules of logic. It reminds me quite a bit of Warhammer 40K and the whole WAAAGH thing the Orks have. Even if slightly misinterpreted, the idea is that if enough Orks gather and believe in something, the thing might actually work the way they want, technically shifting reality. 

Oh yeah, I definitely do find it interesting as well. I haven't played Warhammer, but that sounds interesting :o

• Like 1

The Gensokyo Zone 4koma: Recipe for a Successful Diner

Thought I'd make some 4koma's as someone mentioned that I could consider posting these in comic form... Unsure if that would increase the views on my videos...

Gensokyo_zone_4koma_2_jpg.jpg

• 1 month later...

New episode out! Though this one's got some heavy themes

In her final moments, Layla recalls her memories of a 5th Prismriver sister to Lunasa, Merlin, and Lyrica, who tell her that there are only 4 Prismriver sisters. Just what is going on?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/18/2022 at 2:33 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

Oh, nice to see this series still going. It's been a  while since I last got wind of new content

Thanks. I haven't had much motivation for the past couple months. Had a few ideas, but I didn't know how to work them into the Touhou world. I also kinda wish I heard back more from viewers tbh as that would motivate me to make more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...