Does your country have a Touhou community?

CountVonNumenor

I must say with pride that Polan can into Touhou too!

We have one certain big server with hundreds of members, although maybe a dozen or two are really active. We also used to have a forum, but it was looooong ago. Also, our community tended to break apart, to then rejoin itself several times.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In my country, touhou is extremely obscure (if not unknown). Anime has been getting popular and every teenager knows what it is, but most of them have watched only these series and nothing else: Attack on Titan, Death Note and Demon Slayer (ofc also Pokemon). Not that there's anything wrong with them, but I've heard people say stuff like like "Bro, Attack on Titan is the best anime ever" while only having watched that and Pokemon. I'm getting a bit off track, ain't I? Also, I once managed to get a friend to try EoSD and they played a bit and then never touched it again. Another time I managed to find someone from my country who played touhou online, but it was in a forum where they hadn't been online for 4 years so take that as you wish.

• Like 2

idk Brazil is a no man's land but I do know quite a few people who are into touhou here, and I was introduced to touhou by a brazilian friend anyways so yeah there seems to be a decently-sized community here

unfortunately due to how stupid and generally just ignorant my country and people are, it's hard to say there's a lot of people into this

• Like 3

#1f1e33

• 1 year later...

even tho im american (which has a considerable size of touhou fans) i wish to talk about the filipino side of the community (bc im half filipino)

in the philippines, i never met a single fan. ive never lived there but only visited the place for 2 weeks before going back to my country. ive been to manilia and quezon city and unfortunately, never found one. but that was LONG before i ever got into touhou. i got into touhou like about early 2023 (jan 8th i believe) and last i ever went to the philippines was 2018(?) so there was no chance.

however, last year, i had this friend group formed before that winter break. so what did my bitchass do? get them into touhou! there was 4 of us total (including me) so that’s not gonna be hard! and in that group is one full filipino. so she got kinda into touhou, and that was he closest i ever come into getting a filipino into touhou. if you’re wondering, i introduced bad apple to one person and they enjoyed it. that last friend was hella into patchy bc of her design and personality. that same friend was the closest i could get to becoming the same level of a touhou friend i am. today, the group split up tho, it’s just me and the filipino friend :((((

well, i ain’t gonna expect much out of this reply bc this topic is hella old but i just discovered it so here ya go. if you actually read it then okay thanks

On 3/20/2023 at 12:16 AM, nom said:

idk Brazil is a no man's land but I do know quite a few people who are into touhou here, and I was introduced to touhou by a brazilian friend anyways so yeah there seems to be a decently-sized community here

unfortunately due to how stupid and generally just ignorant my country and people are, it's hard to say there's a lot of people into this

finally found another Brazilian on this website