Why gatekeeping?

CountVonNumenor

On 4/20/2022 at 1:16 AM, emperortoehoe said:

I think that the Touhou fandom is kinda screwed over in a lot of ways

Besides the influx of new people coming from gacha and other "non-conventional" sources, what would be the ways you are referring to?

On 4/20/2022 at 9:06 AM, Gou the frog said:

I've met him a couple of time in the past few months, Haven't seen him either, wonder what's he preparing? Perhaps a nuclear fusion. Who knows? I've confronted him a few times but it seems my efforts were in vain.

Yeah, would be funny to see his next move. And if it is a nuke, I wonder if it's gonna be a tactical nuke, just on a specific topic, or will go for indiscriminate destruction of anything on his way. Anyway, we are quite possibly dealing with a troll, but a troll looking to exploit some general frustration existing among some of the fans, and which might explode by itself if anything happens. 

in my opinion, they can show off the fumos and make videos about them

I will admit. I am guilty of watching Yumemey and his/her Fumo videos. And even more guilty that I actually enjoyed them. I would say that I appreciate the creator might actually be creating some of them by themselves, especially for the more custom ones not part of main production.

(There might be more train wreaks coming soon steadily)

As stated earlier, I really wonder what will be the next thing to trigger a large scale controversy in the fandom. The DMCA thing has been surprisingly silent (maybe because all platforms with big Touhou communities also tried keep it silenced while bashing Moriya). I mean I think that even the Fumo sale fiasco from last year has triggered a bigger controversy than losing the main source for free (and illegal) downloads of any official materials. But as said, I really wonder what will be the next flavor of controversy. 

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Let this sink in. Process it the way you want:

New way people hear of Touhou (and think what Touhou is) that is not through the existence of the games. For some, this series is just about Fumo. Adorable plushy companions, yet almost impossible to obtain when on sale. 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Haha 1

spacer.png