Touhou Official games contest (now accepting entries)

jssf1992

Which Game are we playing?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which game are we playing?

• 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
    • 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom
    • 8: Imperishable Night
    • 10: Mountain of Faith
    • 11: Subterranean Animism
    • 12: Undefined Fantastic Object
    • 13: Ten Desires
    • 14: Double Dealing Character
    • 15: Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom
    • 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons

This poll is closed to new votes

As for each difficulty, I have a couple of concerns:

1: People entering at the last minute- makes it really awkward in regards to entries- there's no competition to try and make better and better runs for the contest.

2: Using previous replays where you can't confirm whether it was made for the contest.

3: What of people entering their replays for someone else i.e. if I went for a Lunatic LNN and sent someone a Hard LNN (Which I wouldn't, I lost 4 lives on stage 6 as Reisen on Easy cause I kept tabbing out) then technically you're claiming prizes twice, which you've already expressed is against the rules, yet you'd have no idea it was happening. There is no definitive way to define a run as one's own- do you know if there is anything we can do to prove what we are sending is legitimate?

1.  It's a possibility, but at our low participation at this point, I'll just be happy that they submitted something.  If there is someone who holds off until the last minute intentionally so that the competition can't give it another go, then, yes, that's a jerk move.  Unfortunately, from this side of the screen there's no way I could tell if they actually did that, or if they had legitimate reasons for submitting late.

2. A legitimate spot where we can't do much.  We can see the date of a youtube video or stream, but I don't think we can with the replay file.  That said, if some has been saving replays before the contest, then I'm guessing they do so regurally, which means they can, and probably will, make another run on the basis that they can make as good, or better, a run as their previous.

3. A good concern, and I think I can give a more definitive answer to this one.  We can double check with them on Discord.  We have asked that people use the same name to either here or Discord on the replay, so we can get in touch on both ends.

Contest was fine when it was just a steam game, but now i feel like there's too much money involved, especially with the option to get the money on paypal. Maybe  reduce first places  to put some second and third places prizes as well?

Also, what's the 5b next to my run

2 hours ago, ZeroPride said:

Contest was fine when it was just a steam game, but now i feel like there's too much money involved, especially with the option to get the money on paypal. Maybe  reduce first places  to put some second and third places prizes as well?

The prizes were actually decided by the guy who's putting up the money, and he's cool with it.  He also thought that Steam game would be around $50, so it's changed less than it seems.

I'm not sure what you mean by "5b", maybe I'm not seeing what you mean, or do you mean the bomb icon?

As for the replays, clearly I stand corrected.

Is having too much money involved a bad thing? I thought that would encourage more players...

Also, the 5billion, if that's what you were referring to, is the total score I added from all the stages. Unless I'm mistaken and my math sucks ass? Either way, let me know. :D

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

5 billions is probably close to world record(assuming you did s1+s2+s3+s4+s5+s6), which i'm pretty sure it's not my case. Also, instead of summing all scores, you should consider only the score on s6, since that would be the final score of the run

5 billions is probably close to world record(assuming you did s1+s2+s3+s4+s5+s6), which i'm pretty sure it's not my case. Also, instead of summing all scores, you should consider only the score on s6, since that would be the final score of the run
It seems I have made a mistake in totaling up the scores. I was told it's better to do it after the end of stage 6 which I did not do.

I apologise for this and will correct it when I can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

On 3/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, MaiTeireida said:

1: People entering at the last minute- makes it really awkward in regards to entries- there's no competition to try and make better and better runs for the contest.

I will attempt and try to post the times as quickly as i can to try and remedy this.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

1 hour ago, ZeroPride said:

8/3 hard 694 millions

7/1 lunatic 704 millions (should have been 8/0 but whatever)

th15_07.rpy

th15_08.rpy

I see you've entered already. Each player is allowed only ONE entry for any difficulty. You are not allowed additional entries. 

Did you want to replace your current one with the one above? Or did you want to enter for Hard mode instead? 

Deploy with DO!  \o/

I wanted to update my hard mode entry, and put a lunatic entry as well. According to the first post, i can sign up for more than one difficulty, but can only win the prizes for one of them. Might have misunderstood though

Our rules of submission have been changed! We now have rewards for each difficulty. In light of this, we will have the contest split into four tiers (Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic), and we are allowing for applying for more than one, however, you may only win one difficulty's rewards. This DOES include Easy mode, so don't feel intimidated, just do your best!

anyway, if that's not the case, then i'm signing up for lunatic

4 hours ago, Egabrag said:

I am replacing my previous entry(easy) with a normal clear (by selling my soul to reisen).

Normal(Reisen):

Lives:5

Bomb:2

Score:491,176,800

th15_08.rpy

sure thing!

Deploy with DO!  \o/