Fanservice in Touhou, at least as much as I have seen yet

CountVonNumenor

1 minute ago, Gou the frog said:

I hope so too. Then we can properly discuss about it creating a lot more interesting picks.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not going to accept the fact the the 'minor looking' character are 1000 years old, Thus, it's legal.

They still look like minor, often acts like minor so, keep that kind of thing away from me.

I shall be quite honest with you all. Even if I go to the doujinshis for the "naughty" stuff. I have a fair bit of decency to avoid "minors art." Granted, I still have to meet the Yama for that kind of stuff.

I'm tired so, I'll be hitting the bed. Gents and ladies have a fair good night.

Thanks for giving your opinion on this!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Darksymphony777 said:

I don't know what frills are but I know maids have them I think sounds like a maid thing

Alright, so looking into the dictionary:

a strip of gathered or pleated material sewn on to a garment or larger piece of material as a decorative edging or ornament.

Basically that things added in extension to sleeves, or on the bottom end of a dress/skirt for aesthetic reasons. And an absolute nightmare any time you have to draw them if you want to creare fanart of characters that posses them on their clothes. At least sometimes

• Like 1

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Gou the frog said:

I shall be quite honest with you all. Even if I go to the doujinshis for the "naughty" stuff. I have a fair bit of decency to avoid "minors art." Granted, I still have to meet the Yama for that kind of stuff.

If I am to be honest too, I think the two of us are on the same wavelength. I am not so much into the idea of "naughty" doujins, but illustrations by themselves are fine. Plus, I am looking for 3 conditions:

1) don't draw them minor-looking; it's just wrong 

2) I'm trying to stay a bit far from exaggerated features like oversized boobs; some like them humongous, but I personally don't find it my cup of tea - normal size is fine

3) don't have them getting pegged; besides the fact it seems wrong, there's one more creepy thing about it. One thing I have noticed very often is that men in such images are drawn as faceless. The famous "Mister" is also faceless for example. Why? One reason I have heard is that you are supposed to self-insert into the image. FUCKING YIKES. So basically, it is made so that ertsin fans can fulfil their fantasies, which is again quite messes up in my opinion 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

If I am to be honest too, I think the two of us are on the same wavelength. I am not so much into the idea of "naughty" doujins, but illustrations by themselves are fine. Plus, I am looking for 3 conditions:

1) don't draw them minor-looking; it's just wrong 

2) I'm trying to stay a bit far from exaggerated features like oversized boobs; some like them humongous, but I personally don't find it my cup of tea - normal size is fine

3) don't have them getting pegged; besides the fact it seems wrong, there's one more creepy thing about it. One thing I have noticed very often is that men in such images are drawn as faceless. The famous "Mister" is also faceless for example. Why? One reason I have heard is that you are supposed to self-insert into the image. FUCKING YIKES. So basically, it is made so that ertsin fans can fulfil their fantasies, which is again quite messes up in my opinion 

I'm glad there are many of us who agree with these topics. Having over exaggerated features and being in those situations are too much.

45 minutes ago, Darksymphony777 said:

But minor looking adults do exist, sure in certain cases it's wrong because they are kids but there are always those grey areas out there that one should always simply account for

True, grey zone makes it a bit difficult. Let me rephrase:

1) don't draw 5-10 year olds in inappropriate situations 

Is it a little better now? 

Edited by CountVonNumenor

spacer.png

I mean I read a lot of fanfiction and I remember reading one called "being meiling" the story is a big pile of fun fanservice for touhou fans, especially fans of our favorite gatekeeper, the story also had robo wars fanservice when cirno through strength of will made a functional robot.......out of ice.....and she goes to save the day and also beat up the inferior nitori and her robots

I read way to much stuff

1 hour ago, Darksymphony777 said:

I mean I read a lot of fanfiction and I remember reading one called "being meiling" the story is a big pile of fun fanservice for touhou fans, especially fans of our favorite gatekeeper, the story also had robo wars fanservice when cirno through strength of will made a functional robot.......out of ice.....and she goes to save the day and also beat up the inferior nitori and her robots

I read way to much stuff

Sounds like classic character bias fan service. However, it is something new for this thread, and quite refreshing

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

Well you said fan service and the story that starts with meiling finally foiling Marisa from getting into the SDM and has to deal with all sorts of shenanigans is bound to be filled with harmless fan service.

Yeah, it is true. I think I did not express myself properly (again). Still, thank you to the contribution to this thread. Its actually a very good example, and something refreshing 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Basically that things added in extension to sleeves, or on the bottom end of a dress/skirt for aesthetic reasons. And an absolute nightmare any time you have to draw them if you want to creare fanart of characters that posses them on their clothes. At least sometimes

I'd feel like I'm accompanying Komachi every time I try to draw Iku in a all sort of poses. (Not mentioning Yukari, Kasen, Meiling & other chinese related accessories.)

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Your conditions & mine are very much the same. Truly we're on the same wavelength. 

(I'd admit that I'll go into to the non-safe doujins but not with the excuse of the "I read it because of the story" or "cause I'm bored lol".) With that out of the way No.3.

This point I've wondered for a while; why do they always draw the faceless protag? to self-insert myself in, no for the sake of the Lord above, can they just draw normal eyes and move on. ( not the snake face; bald villager either) Just because fans can finally fulfil their "fantasy" which is, then again, quite messed up in my opinion like yours do.

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

30 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Well you said fan service and the story that starts with meiling finally foiling Marisa from getting into the SDM and has to deal with all sorts of shenanigans is bound to be filled with harmless fan service.

Very enticing topic to look forward to.

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

11 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Anyway, besides the NSFW kind of fanservice, what other kinds of fanservice have you encountered in Touhou materials, be them official or fan-made? Unless there is something we have forgotten to mention on the issue that has been discussed until now, of course. 

ASMR? I believe I've heard of it oh, yes! Arni Village. They've tons of quality work there. I'd recommended you to give it a try.

Oh wait! does stand up comedy like (manzai) count? If so, Official R-NOTE might be the answer I'm looking for. (This could very well be a forum of its own) Often, they have japanese oriented jokes but the gags were so funny that I fell out of the chair. One of my favourite is

Spoiler

Kyouko and Mystia, Hina and Nitori. I can't remember their stage names for some reason. Might be Winged Beast Instruments & Spin Kappa?

My head's completely empty like an infamous ice fairy for now. 

• Like 1

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

52 minutes ago, Gou the frog said:

Oh wait! does stand up comedy like (manzai) count? If so, Official R-NOTE might be the answer I'm looking for. (This could very well be a forum of its own) Often, they have japanese oriented jokes but the gags were so funny that I fell out of the chair. One of my favourite is

I actually wrote an entire thread dedicated to the Touhou M1 Grand Prix, and talking a bit about some of my favorite skits. It...didn't really get any traction. However, you got the team names correctly. 

https://moriyashrine.org/forums/topic/972-what-are-your-favorite-touhou-m-1-grand-prix-skits/

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Hm, I wonder what meme value is there in that "hey, mister" doujin. Not as much as in the "I've been surrounded by raging lesbians!" one... or that's what I'd like to believe...

Personally, the most suprising pieces of fanservice in canon works are:
- jiggly Byakuren in HM-style fighting games - and her rider suit in ULiL (like, that was not expected)
- in one of the magazines, there was some partial pantyshot of one of the tengus... forgot the details.

As for the more controversial subjects... my conditions for naughty doujins are similar... and my knowledge of the stance of Japanese popculture on this worries me greatly... I'd rather not see some sort of crackdown on "Japanophiles", in search for easy targets. Japan doesn't live in another universe, it just has a different perspective on things. That's why the "hey, mister" meme, as much as it amuses me, it also irks me... because it feels like it's based on some "forbidden" (at least in our culture) knowledge.

8 hours ago, Darksymphony777 said:

I'd like to see that thing about Meiling... never enough nice things with Meiling. Especially when she's not portrayed as a total klutz and a butt of jokes.

19 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

I actually wrote an entire thread dedicated to the Touhou M1 Grand Prix, and talking a bit about some of my favorite skits. It...didn't really get any traction. However, you got the team names correctly. 

https://moriyashrine.org/forums/topic/972-what-are-your-favorite-touhou-m-1-grand-prix-skits/

I'll look into it after finishing my math lectures. (25 left)

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Not sure if it's relevant to this topic but I remembered last year (around May) I did a Pixiv search to see which character has the most horny art. Because.

This is the top 50 I think? (Left one by total; right one by percentage of all works)

Spoiler

https://64.media.tumblr.com/45441ceb9fa651ac4f94d0d5573e0638/a90200be2797ad3c-ff/s1280x1920/829693c66c82245f964640fc8919b9df4e909d59.pnghttps://64.media.tumblr.com/df3f44ae192b0c3911769e88224f6778/a90200be2797ad3c-c2/s1280x1920/08b635069b8be5f0682b0c987ba957c7c5f9875d.png

• Like 2

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif