What do you think the worst Touhou game is?

sodaodaoda

Honestly, I'd say it's either Violet Detector or Gouyoku Ibun (However you spell it...).
VD is too damn clunky and its spellcards aren't really suited for a photography type game, and Gouyoku Ibun feels very unfinished despite its 2 year develpoment.

I am curious to hear other people's thoughts on this!

• Up 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream, I would say. AI is broke as hell and it just isn't really fun overall.

Violet Detector, however, has a bug in which, when attempting to retry a scene midway through, the game will just simply unpause while having the pause menu overlayed on top of the screen. It also is pretty lazy when it comes to team tag spells, which is just individual spells thrown at the same time that speed up when you defeat one of the characters. Also if the teleport was changed from double focus to another key, it would be more comfortable.

definitely pofv in my opinion, at least of the games that ive played. every fight in that game feels the exact same and it makes playing through the story feel like such a chore. ive never tried playing it with another person, so maybe that would make me enjoy it more, but even then i cant imagine it would change enough for me to have anywhere near as much fun as i would with any other touhou game.

Gouyoku Ibun. Worst Gameplay of them all, unfinished game and not fun. However the Graphics and Music is to the level of any other Touhou. Its understandable why is like that if you know the context in that the game was developed.

I mean I made a whole thread about my problems with Gouyoku Ibun, so I'd definitely go with that one. Violet Detector is one of the few games I haven't played, though seeing as I was never really a fan of the photography games anyway, I don't think it would be my place to say whether or not VD is good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, idk_sorry said:

definitely pofv in my opinion, at least of the games that ive played. every fight in that game feels the exact same and it makes playing through the story feel like such a chore. ive never tried playing it with another person, so maybe that would make me enjoy it more, but even then i cant imagine it would change enough for me to have anywhere near as much fun as i would with any other touhou game.

Yeah, I do kinda agree that the fights in that game are a bit same-ish, but it's still pretty fun to me, honestly.
i just wish there was a continuous shot button instead of mashing the z key non stop

10 hours ago, White L said:

Violet Detector, however, has a bug in which, when attempting to retry a scene midway through, the game will just simply unpause while having the pause menu overlayed on top of the screen. It also is pretty lazy when it comes to team tag spells, which is just individual spells thrown at the same time that speed up when you defeat one of the characters. Also if the teleport was changed from double focus to another key, it would be more comfortable.

Huh, really? I never heard of that bug, weird.
And yeah, I wish the teleport was the C key for example, using the focus button for teleport is just bad imo.

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

I haven't played every game in the series but of the ones I have (all the mainline bullet hells post-pc98 + a few of the fighting games) I wouldn't say I dislike any of them, Ten Desires feels a little easy in my opinion (aside from Miko and the extra stage), but that's really it. Plus I have a sneaking suspicion that that game was ZUN's attempt to convince everyone he hadn't gone completely mad after SA and UFO, so it being comparatively easy is understandable.