Type: Bullet Hell Boss Attack
Developer: Team Shanghai Alice
Publisher: Team Shanghai Alice
Release: Reitaisai 11, on May 11, 2014
Language: English-Patched (ThCrap Self-Updating Standalone)
Silhouette On Cover: Seija Kijin (Sole Playable Character)
Playable Characters: 1
Shot Types: 1
(Eventually with 9 Items)
Everyone's favorite inversion-inclined dancing amanojaku, Seija, has been going around appropriating various other Gensokyo girls' special items. She has a reason for doing this (at least, supposedly), but the other girls don't particularly care; now that Seija is a repeat offender (having also technically been the mastermind behind the events of DDC), Reimu has issued an unusual order to defeat Seija using unprecedented danmaku - patterns each of the girls considers to be impossible to beat. Figuring that if they can cheat, she can too, Seija figures she can utilize the powers of the items she obtains to defeat all this unfair danmaku.
Unique Gameplay Mechanics
* The girls you're facing off against are literally cheating to defeat you. Fortunately, Seija's got a few tricks up her sleeve - the items she has grant her abilities to bypass or destroy danmaku in various ways, such as hiding from it temporarily, being able to screen-side-wrap, use bombs, or die more than once.
* When you're on the scene select screen, you can pick which two items you carry into each battle.
* At first, you'll only have a slot for a Main Item, but later on, you gain a Sub-Item slot, granting you the ability to use the secondary function of an item placed in that slot.
Item Levels & Item Clearance Tracking
* For each unique item-scene clear, the item used gains experience, and with enough XP, it levels up, which allows you to do things like use the item more times or make each use last longer, allowing you to alleviate further frustration by allowing for better resources to use in later, tougher scenes.
* As you use items to clear scenes, the game remembers which items you've cleared which scenes with.
* If you can manage to clear a scene without ever using an item (possible on every scene, but naturally, later ones are very hard to do this with), you'll receive a special No-Item Clear designation, and all items you have at the moment you clear the scene will be checked off for that scene, since you proved you don't need any special help to beat that scene. This means that if you didn't have an item when you No-Item Cleared a scene, you'll have to go back and clear it again for it to count for the new items.
* You can also earn achievements called "Nicknames" for fulfilling criteria as you play the game. See if you can unlock all 60!
* This scorefile was provided by Dark Kijin.
* It unlocks all 10 Days of the story for play. (All are cleared on at least some base level, but not all have No-Item Clears.)
* However, it does not have all the Nicknames; it's missing the ten Secret Nicknames.
-> You can help get this scorefile to 100%! If you have a scorefile which improves upon the progress in this existing file, please submit it to us!
Th14.3 (ISC) Scorefile & Data.zip
ISC is now on Steam. If you would like to support ZUN, you may buy ISC here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/937570/__Impossible_Spell_Card/.