Type: Bullet Hell
Developer: Team Shanghai Alice
Publisher: Team Shanghai Alice
Release: Comiket 84, on August 12, 2013
Language: English-Patched (ThCrap Self-Updating Standalone)
Silhouette On Cover: Shinmyoumaru Sukuna (Final Boss)
Playable Characters: 3
(Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya)
Shot Types: 2 Each
Gensokyo is full of sounds of dissonance as an uprising takes place - Youkai are rebelling, and tsukumogami are turning up, evidently feeling it's "their time." The sky carries the sounds of a huge building, and the weapons of our three protagonists are acting strange - they'll have to decide if they want to risk rolling with the punches, or discarding their bewitched implements for something more reliable they know they can trust as they investigate the uprising - what's causing these otherwise weak youkai to feel they are now capable of turning Gensokyo upside-down...?
Unique Gameplay Mechanics
* In this game, there's a new way to earn Life and Bomb pieces - you want to auto-collect lots of items in a single visit to the top of the screen.
* Each time you pass the POC to auto-collect items, your pass is judged, and you will receive a Bonus designation of 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.6, or 2.0, depending upon how many items you attract on that pass.
* If you get a bonus of any sort, you'll receive a Bomb Piece for the first four bonuses you earn, and then one Life Piece for the fifth, before the cycle repeats itself.
* Every time you get a "Bonus 2.0" designation, you get a Life Piece regardless of where you are in the cycle, without interrupting it.
* It's also worth noting that in this game, you only need 3 Life Pieces to put together an Extend.
Shot Type Differences
* Similar to TD, above, characters have two shot types, and the stronger one switches depending on whether you're Focused or not.
* Your chosen shot type also happens to affect who you face off against as the mid- and main boss of stage 4.
* This scorefile was provided by Dark Kijin.
* It has 100% Spell Card availability in Spell Card Practice.
* It has 100% Extra availability and clearance.
* Main game clearance is spotty; Easy and Normal are cleared as all characters and shot types, but Hard only has one clearance as Marisa A; Lunatic is entirely devoid of any clears.
-> You can help get this scorefile to 100%! If you have a scorefile which improves upon the progress in this existing file, please submit it to us!
Th14 (DDC) Scorefile [Dark Kijin].zip
If you would like to support ZUN, you may buy DDC on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1043240/__Double_Dealing_Character/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1