Unique Gameplay Mechanics
* Hey, the enemies fire way too many bullets in this game, don't they? Yes. Yes they do. So not only can you fire back as usual, you can also freeze enemy bullets.
What You Can Freeze and How It Works
* You can freeze normal bullets (the vast majority of what you'll see). Charge your Ice Barrier by holding the [Z] (Freeze) button, then let go; you'll envelop the immediate vicinity in ice. Nearby bullets will freeze, which causes bullets close to them to also freeze; if you do this correctly, you can cause chain-freezing the entire way up the screen.
* Ice Barrier Potency: Your Ice Barrier's potency is the percentage displayed above Cirno's head. It charges slowly, similar to Aya's camera in the photography games. You can charge it faster by hitting enemies with rapid-fire shots and by performing successful freezes. The percentage determines how powerful the effect of your Ice Barrier will be if you use it right at that moment; using it at a full 100% can easily freeze the entire contents of the screen when done right, whereas using it at 30% (the lowest charge you can use it at) affords barely enough time to give you an extra moment to think.
* Perfect Freeze: Cirno's spell card freezes absolutely everything onscreen that can be frozen normally, and has the added effect of also freezing fireballs (see below). You charge Perfect Freeze energy the same way you charge Ice Barrier energy (hitting enemies with rapid-fire shots and performing successful freezes).
Hazards You Can't Freeze
* You can't freeze fireballs, at least not with your standard Ice Barrier; the only resource you have that can freeze Fireballs is Perfect Freeze. Fireballs will start appearing in stage 2, and you'll be reminded of their presence.
* You can't freeze lasers. In fact, lasers break ice, turning it into bullet shards that will hurt you! Lasers will start turning up in stage 3.
* You can't freeze beams, which are a hazard only present in the Extra Route. Ice will only act as a shield against them. Any time you spend in beams gradually drains Cirno's Motivation.
* So by now you're wondering where your life count is. The answer is that Cirno can go on as long as she's sufficiently motivated; the Motivation count is Cirno's "lives" counter, with 100% being one life.
* How do you keep her motivated? Why, success of course - hit enemies with her shots, and freeze bullets with her Ice Barrier!
* Max Motivation is 1,000%, or 10 lives.
Level Up System
* There aren't any Power items in this game, so instead, Cirno gains Experience by defeating or freezing enemies. When she gains enough, she levels up, and gains more
firepower icepower, up to a maximum of Level 16. (Who knew Cirno could count past 9?)
* On Easy, you start at Level 3, but on any other difficulty, you start the game at Level 1.
* This scorefile was provided by Wolfdragon Rex.
* It unlocks the Extra stage.
* It has all routes cleared on Easy, and has three routes cleared on Normal (A1, B1, and C1); there are no clears on Hard or Lunatic.
-> You can help get this scorefile to 100%! If you have a scorefile which improves upon the progress in this existing file, please submit it to us!