Type: Bullet Hell
Developer: Team Shanghai Alice
Publisher: Team Shanghai Alice
Release: Comiket 76, on August 15, 2009
Language: English-Patched (ThCrap Self-Updating Standalone)
Silhouette On Cover: Byakuren Hijiri (Final Boss)
Notice: Your anti-virus is going to trigger because ThPatch's translations are injected directly from their site, andwe can't do anything about that because they don't do standalone patches anymore.
Playable Characters: 3 (Reimu, Marisa, Sanae)
Shot Types: 2 Each
There's an odd ship flying around up in the sky, and it's rumored to house treasure! Our girls eagerly fly off to investigate, as it's a win-win situation either way - either they get rich, or they discover and stop the scheme of whomever might be on board. For the first time in the series, new shrine maiden Sanae joins the quest, and it's become clear by now she becomes a regular.
Unique Gameplay Mechanics
* Certain enemies with UFO marks above their heads will drop little UFOs when defeated, which then start randomly floating around the screen. Some change colors as they fly around, others don't.
* If you can collect 3 UFOs in a row of the same color, or one of each, doing so summons a large UFO that starts absorbing all onscreen items. If you let it fill itself up to capacity, you get an additional prize on top of what you get for shooting it down! (Don't take too long to destroy it though, or it'll leave, taking anything it absorbed with it - this is especially important for bosses, as UFOs will instantly disappear when a boss entrance is flagged.) In this way, you can pick and choose what you need when you need it!
Red UFO (Extra Lives) (Summoned By 3 Small Red UFOs)
Fill It Up: 1 Life Piece, Score Multiplier (1x or 2x)
Shoot It Down: 1 Life Piece, 1 Small Red UFO
Green UFO (For Bombs) (Summoned By 3 Small Green UFOs)
Fill It Up: 1 Full Bomb, Score Multiplier (2x)
Shoot It Down: 1 Bomb Piece, 1 Small Green UFO
Blue UFO (For Points) (Summoned By 3 Small Blue UFOs)
Fill It Up: Score Multiplier (8x)
Shoot It Down: 1 Small Blue UFO
Flashing UFO (For Special Effects) (Summoned By 1 Small UFO of Each Color)
Fill It Up: 1 Small Flashing UFO, Score Multiplier (4x)
Shoot It Down: 1 Small Flashing UFO, Item Packet Contents Reversed When Returned (Power <-> Point)
* This scorefile was provided by Dark Kijin.
* It has 100% Extra availability, although it's only cleared with Sanae B.
* Game clearance is only half-done, but uniform; both Easy and Normal are done with all characters and shot types.
-> You can help get this scorefile to 100%! If you have a scorefile which improves upon the progress in this existing file, please submit it to us!
Th12 (UFO) Scorefile [Dark Kijin].zip
If you would like to support ZUN, you may buy UFO on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1100160/Touhou_Seirensen__Undefined_Fantastic_Object/